Word of the Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yourimaginaryfriend. Show yourimaginaryfriend's posts

Word of the Day

Word of the day, Part IIfoment |'fo?ment; fo'ment|
    verb [ trans. ]
    1 instigate or stir up (an undesirable or violent sentiment or course of action) : they accused him of fomenting political unrest. See note at incite .
    2 archaic bathe (a part of the body) with warm or medicated lotions.
    DERIVATIVES
    fomenter noun
    ORIGIN late Middle English (sense 2) : from French fomenter, from late Latin fomentare, from Latin fomentum �poultice, lotion,� from fovere �to heat, cherish.�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

I know you were, but PBS is a network, and Antiques RoadShow is on at 8pm Mondays here.� :)�

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yourimaginaryfriend. Show yourimaginaryfriend's posts

Word of the Day

saw Juno over the weekend ... the main character's (Juno's) father calls her June Bug throughout the entire movie ... probably won't get the Oscar, but certainly worth the nod.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

I like your extempore thoughts.� That is my yen as well, but alas, I must moil.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dorchesterdd. Show dorchesterdd's posts

Word of the Day

My word of the day:�SEX

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

I do have abberant thoughts, but for now, I moil for the mortgage

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

Spelling isn't my strong suit.� I should be more careful. :(� My Yoda like talking this does not affect, however

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

It's now time for me to doff my jammies and find some raiments for today.�

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

I shall be effusive in my badaubings, ms. eel, as you made me laugh!�******

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

Yes, as my Grandma used to say "a lazy slug a bed".� Actually, I was up fairly early, but not moving fast....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

Some posters are simply ersatz posters...sock puppets to use the board argot.�

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

Just foisting fiats, Ken. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

Thanks, Junie. I find this thread copaecetic.� (May have spelled that wrong).�

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

Sorry, I should have had a vowel movement.� :)� (Just an ersatz thought)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

That they do....� :)� I just hope I am not the only pantheon member that happens to!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

Felt like I needed a change.� :)�

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

Quarters, dollar bills or coins, whatever you've got.� It adds up!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

The WOTD thread has proven to be perdurable, with many in the pantheon being effusive in their postings, while others are more ersatz.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

Perhaps her computer is behaving in an ersatz manner, or isn't amative to her.� I thought you were engaged, aren't you spending V-day together? ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

Hope JUnie is okay.� Meanwhile....�Word of the Day
    Friday February 15, 2008Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Previous Words | Subscribe for Free | Helpennui \on-WEE\, noun:
    A feeling of weariness and dissatisfaction arising from lack of interest; boredom. He glanced at his heavily laden bookshelves. Nothing there appealed to him. The ennui seemed to have settled into his very bones.
    -- Amanda Quick, With This RingHe was often off sick or playing hooky and suffered from a kind of ennui, a mixture of listlessness and willful melancholy.
    -- Elisabeth Roudinesco, Jacques Lacan (translated by Barbara Bray)Yet if she felt anything it was ennui, . . . the grey sky and the cold wind obliterating every impulse she might have felt to seek comfort in another climate, another landscape.
    -- Anita Brookner, Falling SlowlyHe was ashamed and unhappy, adrift with a senseless ennui.
    -- Brian Moynahan, Rasputin: The Saint Who SinnedEnnui is from the French, from Old French enui, "annoyance," from enuier, "to annoy, to bore," from the Latin phrase in odium, "in hatred or dislike."Dictionary.com Entry and Pronunciation for ennui

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beckjag. Show beckjag's posts

Word of the Day

I hope Ms. Junie isn't suffering from ennui with the WOTD (or from anything more serious either)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

I hope Ms. Junie isn't suffering from anything, even ennui, but I post today's WOTD in her absence.Word of the Day
    Saturday February 16, 2008Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Previous Words | Subscribe for Free | Helpvirago \vuh-RAH-go; vuh-RAY-go\, noun:
    1. A woman of extraordinary stature, strength, and courage.
    2. A woman regarded as loud, scolding, ill-tempered, quarrelsome, or overbearing. The intrepid heroines range from Unn the Deep Minded, the Viking virago who colonized Iceland, to Sue Hendrikson, a school dropout who became one of the great experts on amber, fossils and shipwrecks.
    -- Ann Prichard, "Coffee-table: Africa, cathedrals, animals, 'Sue'", USA Today, November 28, 2001This virago, this madwoman, finally got to me, and I was subjected to the most rude, the most shocking violence I can remember.
    -- Jos� Lim�n, An Unfinished MemoirVirago comes from Latin virago, "a man-like woman, a female warrior, a heroine" from vir, "a man."Dictionary.com Entry and Pronunciation for virago

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

Thanks, and bedaubings to you, virago.� *******

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

Me too, oh quest of many names!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Word of the Day

I do hope nothing pestiferous has befallen Cedric

Sections
Shortcuts