Boston Public High Schools

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1986. Show Mike1986's posts

there is no Boston Public High School that has at least 2000 kids (correct me if I'm wrong). Why is that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotmama. Show hotmama's posts

Boston Latin School has over 2400 students (but does include Grades 7 & 8).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1986. Show Mike1986's posts

I'm talking about 9-12 grade high schools.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotmama. Show hotmama's posts

Well, in that case BLS has close to 1700 in grades 9 - 12. BLA and O'Bryant are close behind.

What is your point with the question? So what? I don't know how many other schools have that many housed in the same building - anywhere in Massachusetts. Why should Boston be any different? Are you suggesting that Boston should further overcrowd the classrooms to make the 2000 mark? That would be outlandish! Reason that the schools don't have 2000 kids in a high school is overcrowding, focus/pilot schools, size of the city (regional pockets) etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhizKid07. Show WhizKid07's posts

Re: Boston Public High Schools

Agree with hotmama -BLS is already crowded to the max. Is 2000 just a random number thrown out there?  How many suburban schools have that many in their schools? Would venture to guess the suburban schools don't have 28 kids in a classroom either!   However BPS could do a better job with assessing enrollment trends and seek to do more merging of schools.  Superintendent Johnson is starting to look more at this - has the potential to save the BPS millions if phased out correctly.