Consensus on on-line degrees?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Is it respected yet or still considered as fly-by-night?

Is there a ranking on who's better?

Seems like a good solution to those who work full time and cant afford the time, gas and effort for evening/weekend classes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beautmind64. Show beautmind64's posts

depends on the school....I attend Northeastern online. Others like Univ of Phoenix you need to watch out for!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beautmind64. Show beautmind64's posts

[Quote]The need for ATTENDANCE is WHAT?

The need to sit and listen to a LECTURE is WHAT ?

Read the book, Take the test.

If questions arise, then an AI progam will answer 24x7, with a better rapport and help.

Been there done that, and received an I for no attendance, though Tests on the Material I would have received a 3.0....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  I love On-line.[/Quote]

My online classes are very engaging and challening and I love the convenience of online classes. I transferred from a school that didn't offer that option and they touted themselves as a school for non-traditional students. Both of my summer classes are online and I have only attended a handful on campus.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldmanSacks. Show GoldmanSacks's posts

Online degrees are for freaks who can't get accepted at Umass or Bunker Hill CC etc! Go take that "degree" to McD , BK or Taco Belch, and you'll get prefered parking along w/ the sweet job. congrats loser.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

So I guess your superior is making you work these days......? Beeeeep!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lah02155. Show lah02155's posts

I am enrolled at Suffolk University, which offers an online MBA program that's fully accredited by the AACSB (the accrediting body for graduate business schools worldwide). Even though I am enrolled in a regular on-campus program, I have the option of taking a course online when one of interest or required is offered in that format. It's a great alternative to sitting in a classroom, especially in the summer or if you travel a lot for your job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

I understand most schools offer on-line courses. I was wondering about those schools with little or no campuses. Like Pheonix, Charter Oak etc. I never took them seriously but they seem to be flourishing. Someones going to them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beautmind64. Show beautmind64's posts

Google univ. of phoenix and the others some have been fined by federal agencies. Monster.com message boards are full of scathing accounts of University of Phoenix they are a for-profit school what does that tell you.

The uninformed and soon to be broke, out of luck and disappointed are going to places like University of Phoenix...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotmama. Show hotmama's posts

Online degrees from less than reputable colleges aren't worth a hill of beans. Places like Suffolk, BU, NU, Stanford, NYU all offer distance learning whether it be for BS, MS/MBA or certificate programs. Be careful of where you enroll as it may be simply a waste of time and $$$.

Good luck.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thoj. Show thoj's posts

I did my Masters @ Northeastern taking one online course. I've since cert programs from Villanova & Thunderbird. I feel you do lose something with online classes as I learned as much from my classmates as class material. At this point in my life, I don't have the time to commit to go to classes or the inclination to try to schedule time for projects with 4 or 5 other people. I would say if you are trying to learn something specific or need something extremely flexible, online classes are a nice alternative.

You might want to take a look at University aLLIANCE:

http://www.universityalliance.com/