Getting away from the computer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Getting away from the computer

Just wondering: How many of you would block your favorite sites to prepare for a critical test or presentation?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from madriver1. Show madriver1's posts

Re: Getting away from the computer

Why is this difficult?

Turn off the cell phone.

Turn off your computer, but if you need it for preparation then turn off Facebook, email, etc.

It's kind of sad if you need an App for that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hynespb. Show hynespb's posts

I would turn my computer off and do whatever needs to be done. It really is that simple.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

This is really sad when you are velcroed to your computer & cell phone. What should be so hard about shutting both off until whatever needs to be done, gets done accidemically or personally for that matter. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I wouldn't go through the trouble of blocking my favorite sites. That seems silly. If I took the step of blocking them..couldn't I just unblock them if I lacked self control in the first place?

Work, school and my life take priority over the virtual world every single time. People who are unable to step away from the keyboard need to examine their priorities.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathbunk. Show cathbunk's posts

A little self control is all it takes. No need for an App for that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree with the others.  Block them from myself?  Uh, no.  If I wanted to procrastinate I'd just unblock them, anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This is a little off topic, but related:

I was in a discussion on another site about "appropriate" times to call and/or send text messages and I was amazed at how many people do not even entertain the notion of turning their phones off . . .   ever.

Surprised

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

You should have two differant computers. One for pleasure (your own) and the one you received for business. The two should never meet. FYI: IT hates you for taking up their time to deal with your paranoia.

Sections
Shortcuts