Hanover Superintendent bans all food in classrooms

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

Why?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

It's always stimulating to read such thoughtful messages.Indeed,the humor displayed indicates the level of anger and wit in most schools.
    However, the problem is not the food,it is the willingness of students and staff to help the custodians make the building cleaner.
    Make no mistake about it,some schools treat their maintenance people with scorn and disregard the simplest requests for help.
    If you want to see how to run a school go to one which utilizes students as maintenance workers.There are several colleges where this is done and other students respect the needs of these hardworking members.These campuses are far cleaner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

If I had to go from 6:30 a.m. until noon with no food or beverage, I would pass out. There has to be something you can do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

I can't remember back when i went to school a teacher eating and drinking anything during class. You teachers have unions, right? Don't you get breaks during the day?
    Thank the bloody slobs that don't clean up after themselves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hungryteacher. Show hungryteacher's posts

Kristine Nash, Supt. of Hanover Public Schools has banned all food and drink consumed outside of the cafeterias. Staff and teachers are not allowed to have coffee or so much as a granola bar as they work. Teachers report at 6:30 and must wait until lunch to have anything. Students may not have snack and all food sharing opportunities cultural, celebratory or collegial, are prohibited. Morale for staff is dangerously low.