MA students tops nation.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

MA students tops nation.

Mass. students outperform peers on international exam

Massachusetts students significantly outperformed their peers on a prestigious international math and science exam, according to results released this morning.

In many cases, the state's impressive showing on the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study, which is conducted by Boston College, puts the state in the same elite league as several academically powerful Asian countries.

Massachusetts performed strongest on the fourth-grade science exam, coming in second worldwide just behind Singapore and ahead of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Japan. By contrast, the United States as a whole placed eleventh with a score that researchers characterized as significantly lower than Massachusetts.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/12/mass_students_o.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

MA students tops nation.

Cool. Must the result of all those overpaid teachers...or corrupt unions...or illegal immigrants...or seething bureaucracy...or preponderance of pinko commie liberals...or...something....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

MA students tops nation.

[Quote]Maybe liberals are just smarter.[/Quote]

Well we are considered by the right to "elitist" which implies we are "elite"...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

MA students tops nation.

Hmmm...no comment from the usual Bay State bashers yet?

I won't read too much into a couple of standardized exams (sustained trends are more important), but the silence on this topic from the typical haters is deafening.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pajamaslavedancer. Show pajamaslavedancer's posts

MA students tops nation.

[Quote]

Well we are considered by the right to "elitist" which implies we are "elite"...[/Quote]

I'd rather be called elitist than liberal, for while both are completely accurate yet meant to be hurtful I find it more saddening that supporting individual rights, freedom, and the American way is regarded as a slur by the uneducated maroons.

If someone wants to accuse me of being handsome I won't mind that a whole lot either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

MA students tops nation.

That's about all you can be proud of, as this state is the model of government sanctioned failure next to New York.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pensapositivo. Show pensapositivo's posts

MA students tops nation.

I have a question about these test? who are the students that take the test? are all the Massachusetts or it is a selected group of student? If the case that is all Massachusetts stduent, it is a great accomplishment. If the sttudent were selected, I would not consider these tests seriously because they don't show the real level of knowledge of mass students, only show that a couple of privileged kids performed well.