SAT and Entrance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

SAT and Entrance

I agree with your recommendations, but question whether there is the time to provide personal interviews. There is certainly great merit to the interview process, and doing it online would certainly make it more attractive to those students who don't have the funds to travel around doing interviews. Even more importantly, in my opinion, it would bring back a focus on originality and clear thinking which has been lost with special tutors and coaches helping students write perfect essays and espousing the joining of organizations purely because they will look good on the C.V. when they apply to the "right" college.

For goodness sake, let them enjoy what may be the best time of their lives, and not have to concentrate on getting a 4.0 with year-round extra curricula. Mother Teresa herself would probably not get in to the top schools - she had only one focus, didn't dress well, and spoke only two languages.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

SAT and Entrance

You are right, and it is unbelievably competitive for these kids now. In addition to higher SAT scores, perfect resumes, etc., 1989/1990 had the highest birth rates since the baby boom, I believe, and that is making it even tougher these couple of years. I have a 1990 honor student, varsity athlete and just great kid who is totally stressed about where he will be going. We're just trying to get him to ease up on himself, he has done everything right and done his best and that is all you can do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

SAT and Entrance

IT is very hard, and really feel sorry for the kids who are not perfect, don't have highly paid advisors, and parents with unlimited cash. THere'a lot of great kids (and parents) who are going through way too much..