Bo Globe rips UMASS Amherst for no reason AGAIN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Bo Globe rips UMASS Amherst for no reason AGAIN!

So the top stories are a RIOT! What riot. And the NW state DA is going to prosecute MISDEMEANORS to the full extent of the LAW? Hey these Kids did nothing but get excited. No damaged property. No damaged police. Just 13 excited kids. Tough to imagine when TWO UMASS AMHERST PLAYERS WERE IN THE SUPERBOWL ON OPPOSITE TEAMS. Not in the story though. 1500 kids being excited, 40+ police and nothing but high spirits. So why and where did the riot story come from? Just the usual bashing that western mass gets from this pathetic rag. Wake UP Boston We Are Here!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Re: Bo Globe rips UMASS Amherst for no reason AGAIN!

In Response to Re: Bo Globe rips UMASS Amherst for no reason AGAIN!:
    [QUOTE]TWO UMASS AMHERST PLAYERS WERE IN THE SUPERBOWL ON OPPOSITE TEAMS ----------------------------- and the Giant called it ZooMass
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

But he said it with passion. He had a great team at Umass. The one that gave him a nice job. A ring. And a not small peice of pocket change. Even if you say umass that way, it did not hurt him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

;-)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Greg..too funny..the stables are one of the best things about UMass Amherst :-)

In all seriousness..the arrest of 14 people at UMass Amherst is hardly even newsworthy. My guess is the news organizations were simply chomping at the bit for a post superbowl riot..and Umass was the only port in the storm so to speak. In typical media style..the story was made bigger than it needed to be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Greg,
    You mean the smell of manure, the life giving source of all farmed goods was too much for him? As opposed to the rotting grease buckets of the restaurants, the rat dropings and the car exauhst? Not to mention the derelicts rotting clothes. Hey to each their own. My son raised in the woods. Went to Hoboken NJ for college. He still misses the woods though.
    My point was that there was no story. No riot. Just a buncha college kids. Left alone maybe something coulda happened. But did not, the police just started flash bangs and smoke and told everyone to go home. No riot, no damage. Just police provoking excited kids. BW did you see the salary article today? Some of the sargents make 6 times my pay and I work for a living. Go figure that the cops get the sweet 160k$ salaries.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from volare. Show volare's posts

Grew up in Mission Hill, UMass Amherst alum... found Amherst to be highly preferable to staying in Boston. We referred to the cow manure smell as "Hadley". As in *sniff sniff* "My, it's a very Hadley evening out tonight..."

Cheers.

10. This post has been removed.