Bodybuilding firefighter seeks disability

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnboy7099. Show johnboy7099's posts

I think it should not only be denied, he should be in jail on insurance fraud charges. And he should return all of the disability pay he has already received.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[Quote]I think it should not only be denied, he should be in jail on insurance fraud charges. And he should return all of the disability pay he has already received.[/Quote]

I agree. Jail and heavy fine equal to 1.5 times what he recieved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from angdavison. Show angdavison's posts

What has happened is now the Boston Fire Department is being defined by the actions of the Union. The Boston Firefighter's Union is who is fighting the drug testing, not the Boston Fire Department. A smal point but an important one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from westwitch. Show westwitch's posts

With all the profession has gone through since 9/11, it disgusts me that some in the field take advantage of their status in society. It's a hard job and I'm not knocking what they do, I have a family member that's a volunteer firefighter, but when you read/see stories such as this and the resistance of the Union when it comes to drug testing, makes you wonder what is REALLY going on.
    Just unbelievable and shameful!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lites5150. Show lites5150's posts

As a firefighter, I am completely disguested by this man's actions.  There is balme to be placed on his superiors for sure, but the bulk lies with the man who has created this situation.  DO NOT assume that the actions of one individual represent those of the entire fire service.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Barbiep. Show Barbiep's posts

I think it's absolutely nuts that it would even be a question!!  He should be  put in jail!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottanderson. Show scottanderson's posts

[Quote]I think it should not only be denied, he should be in jail on insurance fraud charges. And he should return all of the disability pay he has already received.[/Quote]

He, and ayone else that abuses the system, are pieces of crap. I agree with the above. Criminal charges and repayment are in order here.

What is wrong with Boston (and area) civil servants? Why must they be cheaters?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HAIIQ. Show HAIIQ's posts

[Quote]Stop whining and DO SOMETHING about the BUM=BostonUnionMembers    ABUSE of the TAXPAYERS of Mass.

1. BigPig
    2. MBTA
    3. SCHOOLS SCHOOLS SCHOOLS
    4. DPW hahahahahaha
    6. PAID FLAG PATROLS

Union Power is VOTING POWER, the SERVICES they provide are
    SUB-PAR.[/Quote]

I am working for the city, fresh out of college.  I asked myself why do I have to pay union fee, i dont' need the union.  I have the skills, and put in 110% everyday.  But w/o the union, my salary would stay put, the union negotiate my raise, which about 2-3%.

So, the union benefit is there.  So, look at other people perspective before you make a comment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from QuesoDip. Show QuesoDip's posts

I'm not a lawyer, but isn't this insurance fraud?  The article indicates this practice is fairly widespread.  Look everyone appreciates the work firefighters perform and the risks they take are unquestioned, but this is criminal, and the abusers should be treated like criminals.  It's too bad nearly any profession can be tarnished by a few apples.  Whatever the penalty for insurance fraud is in this state for the common person should be applicable to firefighter's, too. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonboy9. Show bostonboy9's posts

[Quote]I think it's absolutely nuts that it would even be a question!!  He should be  put in jail![/Quote]

This is Massachusetts.  He should be given DOUBLE disability pay for life, and tuition toward a body building school.  Let's not forget giving him some food stamps and a Section 8, and housing allowances.  Poor thing, he hurt himself doing his job for the Commonwealth and now he can barely move about. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcal. Show pcal's posts

It shouldn't be denied as long as I can join that union!

I think our city has enough $$ to support those in need when they are injured filling in for the deputy on desk duty.  Those back muscle under go spasm when they are not being utilized on the job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

Just read the article. Makes me sick. Blatant, fraudulent, deceptive, not to mention ILLEGAL waste of state taxpayers money 
    Punishment; pay it all back or go back to work and perform full time duties without pay until such time as debt obligation is fulfilled. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdadeee. Show macdadeee's posts

[Quote]He, and ayone else that abuses the system, are pieces of crap. I agree with the above. Criminal charges and repayment are in order here.

What is wrong with Boston (and area) civil servants? Why must they be cheaters?[/Quote]

Not just the civil servants.  How about the corrupt doctor who amazingly didn't notice the guy was in unbelievable shape, but still wrote a note saying he was permanently disabled?  He should be in court, too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdadeee. Show macdadeee's posts

[Quote]He, and ayone else that abuses the system, are pieces of crap. I agree with the above. Criminal charges and repayment are in order here.

What is wrong with Boston (and area) civil servants? Why must they be cheaters?[/Quote]

Not just the civil servants.  How about the corrupt doctor who amazingly didn't notice the guy was in unbelievable shape, but still wrote a note saying he was permanently disabled?  He should be in court, too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from psquiggs. Show psquiggs's posts

Lock him up, and the union is  to blame here.  there is a line of people who  would love a job as a boston firefighter.  Sorry but this and the drug testing issue is way over the line.  Time for the union to get a reality check.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[Quote]As a firefighter, I am completely disguested by this man's actions.  There is balme to be placed on his superiors for sure, but the bulk lies with the man who has created this situation.  DO NOT assume that the actions of one individual represent those of the entire fire service.[/Quote]

The issue is that this isn't an isolated case. There are literally hundreds of these types of cases and we the taxpayers have been paying for it. Your reputation has been tarnished by these. Right or wrong that is the issue. You and your fellow "clean" firefighters need to stand up and make a very clear and loud statement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from robskillz. Show robskillz's posts

Why even bother put this question up for discussion? Obviously this firefighter is severely abusing the system. Who would think otherwise? What is there to even debate or discuss here?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcal. Show pcal's posts

Why do you think the city needs to raise revenue?  To support everyone else that isn't working any more because of these type of perk/abuse.  This will bankrupt the city if this goes on indefinitely. 

How are we affected by this?  Tax increases to be the obvious one.  Other increase including the recent parking fines.  It's how the local government squeezing the common folks to support the most undeserving.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scrubbie. Show Scrubbie's posts

He better pay that back...I'm tired of working to support a bunch of deadbeats like him with my tax money....This needs to be fixed today, no meetings, talks, compromises..........and put him in cuffs!!!!!!  Unreal!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from plumpp. Show plumpp's posts

Who is this "doctor"???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from plumpp. Show plumpp's posts

Who is this "doctor"???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bossj. Show bossj's posts

30 years of digging from the bottom of the barrel with the consent decree in place so you get what you pay for. Maybe he thought he'd get away with it since his uncle is Felix Arroyo!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from my2centsworth. Show my2centsworth's posts

Why is this even a question?  Why did they ONLY put him on sick leave?  FORCE HIM BACK TO WORK OR OUT THE DOOR. 
    Hopefully the FBI looks into this one too. 
    How do they live with themselves? Seriously. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from my2centsworth. Show my2centsworth's posts

[Quote]Who is this "doctor"???[/Quote]

The dr or dr's are affectionately known as Dr. SummerOFF to the BFD

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrissygm. Show chrissygm's posts

[Quote]Why even bother put this question up for discussion? Obviously this firefighter is severely abusing the system. Who would think otherwise? What is there to even debate or discuss here?[/Quote]
    who would think otherwise????? the UNION.They have the money, the power, and the NERVE to think this is ok. Peabody firefighter Brophy has completely abused the system....see the latest in his long line of court suits to waste our tax money once again
    http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2008/05/18/news/news05.txt