Re: Brain-dead bureaucrats to cause massive traffic jams

Good. Take public transit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

How very GREEN.. and utterly stupid !

No wonder people and businesses and getting out of Dodge City

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Then take a bike. That lane will be moving. Just don't take a segway. The tickets are quite expensive. Actually it might be better. Fewer cars turning, better light cycle times. There are other bridges that people will have to use. Only the southbound lane(1of2) will be closed. Two northbound lanes are still there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cxzsaq. Show cxzsaq's posts

Car owners PAY EXCISE TAXES AND GAS TAXES THAT PAY FOR THOSE ROADS!!!  Who are these fools that want to cut vehicles off the roads they pay for.  Bicyclists do not pay for roads, they don't pay any associated taxes, but now, suddenly, they are getting their iwn lane.  Good, cut your excise and gas tax in half and let those dopes come up with the rest.  Put a "bike toll" on the road for them to make up the difference and make them pay their share of th burden.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Topaz, you sound like a courier. I worked on Washington Street, downtown, for a few years. I took the T as well. I do not miss it.
     I've seen many a biker deliberately pushed into the curb at School St., with the lucky ones simply suffering broken bikes, and the unlucky suffering broken limbs.

This happens when a biker is stupid enough to try and cut a delivery truck off by cutting the corner on the inside. The truck has to make the turn at an angle, and the side of the truck is flush with the curve, and the biker has a hard time getting out of the way.

I would certainly never want to attempt riding a bike through Boston. I don't even want to drive through Boston if I don't have to.
     If they cut the lane down to make a bike path, I see many an accident happening, and eventually, one will be fatal. Bikes move at a max of 25mph on average. To a person driving, that's barely above a crawl, especially if they've just been on a highway.
     Someone is going to use the bike lane as a shoulder shortcut to pass the other cars and eventually they'll hit a bike. It's only a matter of time. On an actual street, you at least have the option of moving back to the left, but on a bridge, your options are limited.