Brown will lose, and heres why

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Brown will lose, and heres why

Running as just an alternative for angry voters is a recipe for failure.

Howard Dean is a good example. He who rode a wave of voter discontent, and he fizzled out. Going back even further George Wallace harnessed the publics anger, mainly those in the south, and his campaign failed too.

To just say your against something is not a vision, nor leading, its a narrow view, and it rarely works in a democracy.

Scott Brown represents, in many ways, a modern day attempt to block the doorway of the schoolhouse. The difference today is that now its to stop health care reform and financial reform.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Re: Brown will lose, and heres why

Endorsements here in Scott Brown's district say a lot to me--both local leaders in Wrentham (where he lives), and the local paper (The Sun Chronicle) endorsed Coakley.   What swayed the majority of the The Sun Chronicle's editorial board was Brown's position on torture, desire to be an obstructionist and notoriously thin skin.  In the past, the same paper has endorsed Brown quite heartily.

Martha Coakley has run a terrible campaign, and I don't especially want to vote for her.  But when it comes right down to it, I will.  Brown has shown himself to be a hypocrite and coward (trying to cut transportation program for welfare recipients without study of effectiveness while taking THOUSANDS every year in per diems for his own transporation, though his Senate salary alone is more than $80k a year!, sending his daughters, who are intelligent, poised and lovely young women but not the ones running for office to answer questions about an amendment he proposed).  Brown is NOT the person to represent the citizens of Massachusetts.  He's an embarrassement to his district now, and would embarrass the state in Washington.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irish-lad. Show Irish-lad's posts

How can anyone who calls Curt Schilling a Yankees fan get elected in Massachusetts? Is Coakley a graduate of the Joe Biden School of Stupid Gaffes? Coakley is a cluless political hack with no Legislative experience who expected to "inherit" the Kennedy seat in the Senate. What a joke!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Endorsements here in Scott Brown's district say a lot to me--both local leaders in Wrentham (where he lives), and the local paper (The Sun Chronicle) endorsed Coakley.   What swayed the majority of the The Sun Chronicle's editorial board was Brown's position on torture, desire to be an obstructionist and notoriously thin skin.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

90, you are either new to DEMOCHUSETTS or you are slinging BS. My guess is BS. A bunch of democrat town "leaders" are backing a democrat? "I am shocked gambling is allowed in this establishment!" You are baying at the moon over a HUGE D loss.And who is negative? ROTFLMAO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mschoolcraft. Show mschoolcraft's posts

Well both me and my wife are going broke paying for our health care... and NO ONE on the Replican side is giving an alternative plan. TWO VOTES HERE FOR MARTHA

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Brown will lose because no matter what happens the crooks in Boston will add about 100k votes to marthas real total.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

"Well both me and my wife are going broke paying for our health care... and NO ONE on the Replican side is giving an alternative plan. TWO VOTES HERE FOR MARTHA"

And you think Obama's health care initiative isn't going to cost you anything? I got some swamp land in Florida I'd like to talk to you about...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craigm68. Show craigm68's posts

"Running as just an alternative for angry voters is a recipe for failure."

You mean running a campaign like George Bush and Dick Cheney are on the ballot?

How did that work for Capuano in the primary?

Do they have anything new, that's so 2008.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hornet. Show Hornet's posts

The Brown campaign has done an admirable job of not establishing the candidate's identity, and the Coakley campaign is desperately trying to communicate what is the reality that a vote for Brown is a vote for the politics that Palin represents.  Would you argue otherwise, Greg?  Would you argue that Browm has done anything to suggest he would be the independent voiuce he proclaims himself to be?  His entire campaign strategy consists in running against the Democratic Party machine, and he's getting money hand over fist from the right-most elements of the Republican Party machine to do it.

For the record:  Coakley is an inept politician who has assembled an even more inept team, and should she lose tomorrow it is only because she deserves to.  She does not demonstrate the rhetorical skills I expect of a US  Senator.  All other things being equal, I would not vote for her.  But I am not voting for her, I am voting for the vote she will cast in the Senate on healthcare.  If most of the people who agree with you were being honest with themselves, they would recognize that the only reason they are voting for Brown is because of the vote he would cast.  Let's face it, it wouldn't have mattered if the parties nominated hamsters, and it obviously didn't matter to either Party.

What really at stake, then, is the health care vote.  Setting aside the interests of the parties, why not listen to porfessionals from health care, like for instance the

American Academy of Family Physicians (http://www.josiahmacyfoundation.org/documents/pub_grahamcenterstudy.pdf)?
    The United States struggles with an enduring shortage of physicians in rural and underserved areas, and with reliable production of primary care physicians. There is growing concern that these problems will grow worse as fewer graduates of US medical schools choose primary care, as student economic diversity declines in medical schools, and as fewer international graduates come to the US on visas that obligate them to work in underserved areas. Physician maldistribution, by specialty and geography, results in gaps in access to care, gaps that result in health disparities suffered by specific regions, races, and income groups. Sizeable growth of the physician workforce in the last two decades has not resolved the maldistribution, and current efforts to simply train more physicians are unlikely to help. Market forces alone will not prepare our nation to care for the Baby Boom generation or expand the health care safety net to a growing un- and underinsured population...

A few pages later:

There is once again a serious discussion about extending health care to all Americans, and there is the real possibility that this time it is going to happen...

Oops...  silly academic physicians...  don't they know the words "serious discussion" are oxymoronic in the context of an electorate that pays more attention to a gaffe about the leanings of a former professional baseball player?

How about this one (http://www.jacksoncoker.com/newsletter/Articles/PhysicianShortage.aspx)?

Fifty-six million Americans—nearly a fifth of the country’s population—do not have a regular doctor because they live in an area without a physician, roughly equivalent to a shortage of 60,000 primary care professionals.

Kinda makes you wonder where the Chamber of Commerce gets their ad material, don't it?

As for the real issues:

The root causes of the current and coming physician shortfall can be essentially summed up in three words: supply, demand, and distribution. With regards to supply, the issue is simply that not enough doctors are entering the system. From 2002 to 2013, medical school enrollment is expected to be up 20%, and approximately 3,400 new students are expected to enter the system per year. In addition, four new medical colleges have been accredited since the moratorium on new accreditations was lifted, with six more slated for accreditation in the near future. However, fully one-third of physicians in the current population are over the age of 55. In the coming years, these physicians are highly likely to retire or greatly reduce their working hours. This figure is greater than the number of doctors expected to enter the field in the coming years, resulting in the proposed shortfall...

Questions also remain as to the impact that future changes to the national health care system will have on supply and demand, not to mention technological advances. Though there are few certain answers, it is generally agreed upon that the American healthcare system, with regards to its supply of physicians, is at the beginning of a period where cooperation between patient, governmental, professional, and other organizations will be required to make it through, and flexibility will lead to the largest dividends.

The US healthcare system is failing.  I am under no illusion that the Democrats have the courage to do what it will take to fix it, but I know that they recognize the issues and are at least timidly trying to address them.  Totally under the control of self-centered short-term-focused business interests, Republicans could care less about the implications of their decisions on the nation's long term well being. 

I've listened to Republican propaganda for fourty years now, and it never changes:  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.  Commies and leftists and terrorists and coloreds and gays and Hispanics are coming to take away everything that's precious to you.   But don't give a second thought to the Wall Street folks (obvious Democrats, according to Brown ads) and bankers who almost destroyed our economy and got your and my tax money in bailouts because they were too big fail (the rest of us, just being citizens, are not).  Don't give a second thought to how Halliburton cashed in for billions in Iraq.  Don't give a second thought to the folks taking everything you've got to keep you safe from all the nasty people they're telling you to be afraid of, now including the nasty people about to take away the healthcare system that is already falling apart.

But I know most of you won't give any of it a second thought because you've never given it your first.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Hornet, Look at the cluster that is your precious HC reform... The 3 main components it is supposed to reform (Insurers, pharma and big health care groups) are 100% behind Coakley casting that 60th vote. Have you ANY common sense? If they are fighting FOR it do your really think it will "reform" them?
    Look at Nebraska's HUGE payoff! Look at al the other Senators lining up for the same deal! Nebraska alone blows out ANY savings the CBO estimated would be realized.
    Look at big unions who bankrupted the auto industry and are now looking for and getting the big wet kiss from O on HC "reform".

DO YOU NOT THINK FOR YOURSELF!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

What about the "CHILDREN" ??? The poor starving children that Scott will personally slay in the ERs. Did you know he's related to Hitler?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from InfoWars. Show InfoWars's posts

If Coakley magically wins, it will be because the E-Vote machines were rigged once again.

Hacking Democracy Trailer
    2 min 1 sec - May 3, 2007
    www.youtube.com

Go to Youtube and watch the entire movie. It should be mandatory viewing for every American.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Angry voters never really accomplish much......

Do you recall the American Revolution??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from twicetold. Show twicetold's posts

He's unpleasant, and his supporters are frightening. Fortunately, a large majority don't live here and can't vote here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Brown will lose for one very good reason, Marhta as a dem starts out with a 100,000 vote lead from dead people voting, illegals voting, and people voting multi-times.

Brown needs to win by about 150,000 just to make it close.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

"He's unpleasant, and his supporters are frightening."

Funny but that describes Coakley perfectly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from InfoWars. Show InfoWars's posts

Intrade now has Brown as a 3-1 favorite to win tommorow.

http://www.intrade.com/?request_operation=main&request_type=action&checkHomePage=true

The truly historic collapse started when Obama announced he was going to come to Boston for the Coakley campaign.

She was running at 9-1 until the announcement. Now, Brown is a 3-1 favorite.

Obama's visit was a massive blunder and dealt a deathblow to the Coakley campaign.

The only chance she has left is E-Vote machine rigging.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tb032004. Show tb032004's posts

In this election I have no anger.  I am only voting for Brown as I do not want to lose the healthcare coverage that I have.  For me it is all about stopping the healthcare bill in congress. 

Healthcare needs to be reformed, but this is a bad bill. 

Just the 40 % tax on "cadillac plans" is enough for me to want to shut it down.

My two cents.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from willspeaktruth2power. Show willspeaktruth2power's posts

Granted not electing a powerful pol like Teddy is not smart in a world where you need as much protection...... as you do favor...... from an emboldened federal government.

I left the great Bay State many decades ago ....but like many still claim it as my place of origin......the distance and continuing love have made me clear on what you have become as a State and what you must do now.

Lead our nation again......as you have done so many times before.....vote for the end of this tyranny .....show the Federal machine the occupation is over and that together.......all of us....Sox and Yankees......yankees and southerners ...all of us know what we must do and that we have little capital left to do anything other than pulling in our oars.

Someone must unite our country.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from labman57. Show labman57's posts

Brown is a typical right winger who will embrace the birthers, deathers, and flat earthers if he perceives that doing so will further his career and popularity with the conservative base.

With respect to the tea parties, it’s all about photo ops and sound bites.

Many of the politicians attending tea bagger events do so for the P.R. — they want to be perceived as the “people’s candidate”, but their ideologies are actually more aligned with the desires of the corporate world.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from db528. Show db528's posts

Brown sponsored an amendment that would have allowed emergency medical personnel to DENY emergency contraception to rape victims. 

Vote for Coakley!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

"In this election I have no anger.  I am only voting for Brown as I do not want to lose the healthcare coverage that I have.  For me it is all about stopping the healthcare bill in congress. 

Healthcare needs to be reformed, but this is a bad bill. 

Just the 40 % tax on "cadillac plans" is enough for me to want to shut it down."...tb032004

Good Lord! Where did you come from?  A reasoned opinion stated without insults, histrionics, or outrageous accusations! Welcome tb032004! I hope you keep posting.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cappo1. Show cappo1's posts

Greg, you need to re-study the emergency contraception vote. You have mixed it up very badly. Coakley did not support Brown's amendment. It died on the vine. They both supported the final bill which did not include the amendment. Try to pay attention.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harley50. Show harley50's posts

This is for Mr. Hornet, Yes the healthcare needs reform. But it is in the red tape,
    washington lobbyist that line the pockets of Washington-(PAY BACK TIME)
    Democrats have always had the 60 votes needed. AARP got on the band wagon
    because they will make a ton of money selling their insurance, not because they are looking out for seniors. AMA-- got on the wagon , because Obama bribed them into dropping law suits, PILL MAKERS--got on because Obama said he would keep our cheaper drugs from our soils.Need I go on. The Democrats want to cut service,
    raise massive taxes, tell you what is best for your health without even being doctors. The Democrats want healthcare like EUROPE which is in total failure. Do you really think government control is better than the private sector? We will fine 
    you or jail time if you don't do as we say.--The American people as a whole do
    not want it and Washington says --" WE DON"T CARE WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT,
    WE ARE GOING TO DO IT ANYHOW"--IS THIS AMERICA?
    The constitution DOES NOT POWER THE GOVERNMENT TO FORCE MANDATE ANYTHING ON THE PEOPLE AGAINST THE PEOPLES WISHES. so this entire
    healthcare bill on a national level is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. ---Our loving Democrats in Washington again say THEY DON"T CARE---AND ARE WILLING TO BYPASS OUR BELOVED CONSTITUTION---NOW I ASK AGAIN--IS THIS AMERICA?
    THIS IS WHY ----SCOTT   BROWN  WILL  NOT   LOSE   UNLESS THE  DEMOCRATS    BRING   IN    THAT   ELECTION   GROUP   OF   THEIRS   TO
      COUNT   VOTES----ACORN

MASS IS AMERICA"S HERO AGAIN----VOTE   SCOTT    BROWN   VOTE

Sections
Shortcuts