Brown will lose, and heres why

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aMarinemom. Show aMarinemom's posts

Re: Brown will lose, and heres why

Harley...........I hope so that you are right and that Mass will save our Great Nation one more time from itself.  I am praying for the right outcome..................America is counting on you all!!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Won't it be the ultimate irony if the person who replaces Ted Kennedy in the Senate is the vote that kills health care reform?  But it is the Dems own fault: instead of trying to pass a bill to address the most major needs of our existing system in their most basic form, they crafted this monstrosity that just completely overturns our entire system.  It is too much, too fast, too costly, too complicated, and too confusing to gather wide spread support from bipartisan Congress members, Corporate America, and the American people.  Had they followed a more reasoned approach, it would have passed, and subsequent Congresses could have amended it as needed over the years to come. Now we will end up saddled with what we have, as bad shape as it's in, to cover what we can of a bitterly divided populace of haves and have-nots.  How sad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

db528 sounds like a commercial, look into the facts there dutsch-bag, it's not what it appears to be.

I won't bother explaining if you are dumb enough to quote directly from the ad against Brown.

Leave this board to folks that have something to say, m'kay??  I know, it rhymes, I do that a lot. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cappo1. Show cappo1's posts

What the heck is a dutsch-bag?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JL521. Show JL521's posts

Re: Brown will Win, and here's why

I have to chuckle with all of these Coakley nitwits posting their stupid, inane messages.  You people are making the case for voting for Scott Brown all by yourself.  Keep it coming, gang!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishEyes. Show IrishEyes's posts

Martha is a horrible candidate, but we are proud of our BLUE status.   Massachusetts already has the health plan and paying for it already so that is not an issue for us here.   

We didn't vote/want for a war in Iraq, do not support torture, and do not need a war hawk representing us.

We support Obama and want to give him at least 2 more years to clean up the mess that Bush/Cheney left us with.  In 2012 we will have a strong better candidate for senator.  No matter what they say, it is Kennedy's seat and we can't have a Republican sitting in it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cappo1. Show cappo1's posts

JL521 - not sure what you are specifically referring to but it seems obvious that without open political discourse our basic liberties would be seriously at risk. Calling people stupid nitwits because they do not agree with you does not make your case. It merely makes you guilty of engaging in ad hominem attacks, the most foolish form of argument.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cappo1. Show cappo1's posts

Thanks Redneck....I know there are some good folks with you. I have no problem with sincere differences. I just hate the name-calling and lack of common civility. Your input is appreciated.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

apparently this it true, and the Globe knows, check out the Globe's Dewey Wins moment or is more sinister than that...start looking for the Black helicopters and the stolen election team.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view.bg?articleid=1226731

Globe jumps the gun in online map goof
    By Joe Dwinell  |   Tuesday, January 19, 2010  |  http://www.bostonherald.com  |  Local Politics
    Photo
    Photo by bostonist

Not so fast.

In a premature online Dewey beats Truman moment, boston.com today posted an online map of Massachusetts voting results declaring Attorney General Martha Coakley the winner of today’s special U.S. Senate election.

Whoops.

There’s only one problem, guys - the polls are open until 8 p.m.

“It was a test on a tool and it meant nothing. I don’t know how these things happen,” said the executive assistant to the editor of boston.com. The editor, David Beard, has yet to return a call to the Herald.

The boston.com map called the race for Coakley 50 percent to state Sen. Scott Brown’s 49 percent. Independent Joseph L. Kennedy, no relation to the Kennedy clan, comes in last with a mere 1 percent.

Ouch.

The bogus map shows Coakley capturing most of eastern Massachusetts all the way to the tip of Cape Cod.

Brown was big, in the Globe’s wish map, taking the North Shore.

The map is now down - at least until the real results come in after 8 p.m.

UPDATE: Bob Powers, vice president of communications for the Globe, blamed the goof on the Associated Press. Here’s his statement:

"AP was testing an election data feed to its Massachusetts clients. During corresponding tests at our end, the feed of AP’s hypothetical test data was inadvertently posted for a few minutes on a single subsection page within our site. As soon as the error was discovered, it was removed. We regret the mishap."

Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view.bg?articleid=1226731

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrscoota. Show mrscoota's posts

I guess not-the sheep of Massachusetts finally turned into wolves

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

I remember someone saying:

Meet the next president of the United States.
    Under a photo of Fred Thompson.

doh!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem5. Show jem5's posts

I knew he would win.  He is the only person who mentioned denying the health "reform" bill.  If he is reading this, and I hope he does, let it be known that many democrats did vote for him!  I would also like him to know that I would appreciate it when he gets that truck down to Washington, DC that he mention that I would appreciate having the same insurance that the senate gets for the same NO price!   Notice I said NO and not low. Help us Scott Hellp us!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Meffa, it was YOU!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmoj. Show cosmoj's posts

Thanks Rick.  Did you have Japan in WWII as well?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I must admit I underestimated the misdirected anger of the voters, with Brown as the nose cone.

Either way he still lost. The "41rst vote" became just another politician, like I had predicted. Got all worked up over nothing. Still it will be neat to see Flip Romney and Scotty barnstorm the early primary states touting their record, or lack of one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

In Response to Re: Brown will lose, and heres why:
    The Sun Chronicle) endorsed Coakley ------------- and the Cape Cod Times and virtually every Police organization in the state has endorsed Brown. Those gotta smart.  We are talking the paper of record in the capital of Kennedy Country, and thousands of cops dissing the chief law enforcement official in the state. But hey, you got the Globe and the Sun Chronical.  Big surprises both.  I know I'm shocked
    Posted by GreginMeffa

Actually, Greg, the Sun Chronicle has been (and generally is) pro-Brown.  This election was the first time he's run they didn't endorse him.  And they stated simply that he's not ready for prime time, which he's shown time and again since being elected.  Between telling everyone which daughter has a boyfriend, forgetting what he's proposed, and the minutes of thoughtful deliberation about whether he'd vote to block the reconcilliation bill, he's nothing but a puppet. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

I must admit I underestimated the misdirected anger of the voters, with Brown as the nose cone. Either way he still lost. The "41rst vote" became just another politician, like I had predicted. Got all worked up over nothing. Still it will be neat to see Flip Romney and Scotty barnstorm the early primary states touting their record, or lack of one.
    Posted by Rick8795

He became a senator yet still "lost"??? You're making no sense whatsoever. Step away from the bottle.
    And you didn't predict he'd "become just another politician". You predicted he'd lose the race. Again, step away from the bottle. At the rate you're going it will kill you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Brown will lose, and heres why : Actually, Greg, the Sun Chronicle has been (and generally is) pro-Brown.  This election was the first time he's run they didn't endorse him.  And they stated simply that he's not ready for prime time, which he's shown time and again since being elected.  Between telling everyone which daughter has a boyfriend, forgetting what he's proposed, and the minutes of thoughtful deliberation about whether he'd vote to block the reconcilliation bill, he's nothing but a puppet. 
    Posted by mhc90

By that logic someone like Biden shouldn't be VP. How many verbal gaffs has he had? Even Obama has had a few. Does that mean he's not ready for prime time? Way to be tolerant.
    Not everyone can have a steel trap mind like you. That's great you can remember everything you've ever done. That's unusual. Hope you use that ability for good!
    I think some of his votes already proved he's not a puppet. Nice try though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

In Response to Re: Brown will lose, and heres why : It is the most specious of arguments.  When "The Lion of the Senate" took office in 1962 his only accomplishment was getting back into Harvard after being thrown out - and that was dear old dad's doing.  Scott Brown had been a legislator for 12 years.
    Posted by GreginMeffa

So nothing in the world has changed since 1962?  Interesting. And Brown, who was my state senator, wasn't exactly known for his legislative record.  He showed up for votes, and devoted much of his time to his private law practice.  He proposed a few amendments and bills designed to take away rights or to end programs.  None passed.  (And for the record, before you bring up Obama, or someone else does, Obama, as a state legislator, was sucessful in passing a bill requiring police interrogations to be videotaped, among other things).  As to not ready for prime time, I was referring to his "joke" about his daughters being available on election night, sounds more like something you'd hear in a local election, allowing his daughters to have a press conference to defend him on an amendment he proposed and then forgot about, and recently saying he was going to look at the issue of repealing the health care bill before deciding how to vote and hours later, he's supporting the GOP line.  That's what I mean. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruleoflaw. Show ruleoflaw's posts

You people in MA really made a big mistake with Brown- WOW. 
    You need to replace him - His daughters answering questions about an amendment?  You need to get your state back!!

22. This post has been removed.