Can't log in

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

Can't log in

anyone else ? I know my account isn't deleted cuz I can login from my phone but can't from my work computer .....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

Re: Can't log in

.....thanks dog-lady. I tried that but can't access my email account/ password was stored when power went out I lost the saved stuff the moron I am never wrote it down .....I may have to start fresh my trollsters will try to say I got kicked off

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

In Response to Re: Can't log in:
    [QUOTE]I resent having to log in.  Some BDC storoes will not allow me to post even though I'm logged in automatically.  Thus my 2 year absence.  I had to log in again at one point tonight due to their bad software.  I was lucky to remember the logon.  the forums will always be in need of some capital expenditure, but you can't expect them to care since they're going out of business before our eyes.
    Posted by movingtarget3[/QUOTE]

Me too. I am logged in fine to BDC, but then cant post comments on some stories - I am asked to log-in again, so I do so and return to the story and the same cycle repeats again and again. Bizarre.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AppDev. Show AppDev's posts

Tinkers at work

Globe staff have been tinkering with the site all month, apparently doing little or no testing before they turn changes loose. There are now many JavaScript and site security errors. For the user comment features, some issues can be worked around, but not others. There is also a new support box, available at http://boston.custhelp.com/app/ask .

We did not get replies from inquiries to the support box, so it may not turn out to be useful. To work around some of the login problems, after getting a Login box, first copy the URL shown for the current page, then click the message link below the Login button that says, "click here to create your password." The page that comes up has login fields that usually work. Once done with them, paste the URL that was copied before, to return to the point of interruption.

That recipe won't work, however, for Metro Desk articles being displayed from boston.com, the subscription-free part of the site. So far there is no solution known for that particular situation. As of today, White Coat Notes in the Health section has joined that parade, so the "bug" looks like a "feature."

You may remember that the Globe was entirely opaque about its plans, with only a "note from the publisher" several months ago that a subscription site would happen some time this year. When it went up this month, there was no advance notice to readers, just "Here We Are!" Yes, indeed.

Although there is as yet no comment feature on the subscription site, the fine print says there will be, and the practical evidence says comments won't be available for those articles on the subscription-free site, if any of the articles are displayed there at all. Chelsea Conaboy claimed that Health articles would continue to appear on the subscription-free site. Perhaps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

Re: Tinkers at work

In Response to Tinkers at work:
    [QUOTE]Globe staff have been tinkering with the site all month, apparently doing little or no testing before they turn changes loose. There are now many JavaScript and site security errors. For the user comment features, some issues can be worked around, but not others. There is also a new support box, available at http://boston.custhelp.com/app/ask  . We did not get replies from inquiries to the support box, so it may not turn out to be useful. To work around some of the login problems, after getting a Login box, first copy the URL shown for the current page, then click the message link below the Login button that says, "click here to create your password." The page that comes up has login fields that usually work. Once done with them, paste the URL that was copied before, to return to the point of interruption. That recipe won't work, however, for Metro Desk articles being displayed from boston.com, the subscription-free part of the site. So far there is no solution known for that particular situation. As of today, White Coat Notes in the Health section has joined that parade, so the "bug" looks like a "feature." You may remember that the Globe was entirely opaque about its plans, with only a "note from the publisher" several months ago that a subscription site would happen some time this year. When it went up this month, there was no advance notice to readers, just "Here We Are!" Yes, indeed.   Although there is as yet no comment feature on the subscription site, the fine print says there will be, and the practical evidence says comments won't be available for those articles on the subscription-free site, if any of the articles are displayed there at all. Chelsea Conaboy claimed that Health articles would continue to appear on the subscription-free site. Perhaps.
    Posted by AppDev[/QUOTE]

.....followed most of what you said, got logged in this time after several different tries all using same log in information ...something is funky with this site.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

In Response to Re: Can't log in:
    [QUOTE]Oldie: you are an expert in the account deleted department.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

.... you would know best considering you have now been banned from trip advisor and boston fox. How many others you get banned from?

*told you my trollster would appear.*

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts