Conditions of public buildings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Kevin Cullen's latest column discusses the shoddy conditions of the Gardner Auditorium at the Massachusetts State House. As Cullen succinctly puts it: "The place is a dump."

Do you work in a public building? How do you find the conditions? Are the walls crumbling and seat cushions fraying? Or does it look much nicer than the Gardner?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heynow98. Show heynow98's posts

All I know is that our elected public officials DESERVE to work in shoddy buildings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrBostn. Show MrBostn's posts

+1 heynow.

Perhaps our fearful leaders will forego their future raises to help the state out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roz_Rez. Show Roz_Rez's posts

Compared to other issues the state is facing (and the rest of the country for that matter) I could really care less if the seat cushions are fraying. Give me a break.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mobey12. Show mobey12's posts

This is a non-issue and probably didn't need to be printed. So the building is shoddy. If they spent even so much as $100 to paint the walls, there would be an article about how they are wasting the taxpayers money and everyone would be up in arms. You can't have it both ways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from axogirl49. Show axogirl49's posts

Thank god we let them keep our state income tax money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeauche. Show dbeauche's posts

I have worked in many public buildings and the only thing I think we absolutely deserve is temperature control. Sometimes it is so hot in the public building I work in I feel like I"m having hot flashes. I"m only 30, so I assure you I am not. It is so hot I can barely do any work and I have to turn on my own fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BellyB. Show BellyB's posts

I work in the private sector. Our bulidings are no better. The carpets and cube walls are worn out and stained. The heating vent near my desk is broken. It is always burning hot or freezing cold.
    I agree with Mobey12. If the government spent money to fix up these public buildigs, this "reporter" would be writing a story today about government waste.
    Give me a break!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from citizen49. Show citizen49's posts

The State House of Massachusetts is a treasure. It is also a very busy place that accommodates many thousands of citizens and visitors every year. If you really believe that government workers deserve a rotten building, citizens who gather for hearings on issues, the many individuals who need accommodations don't deserve them or that Massachusetts is such a terrible state then you should consider joining the loyal but not benevolent order of complainers. Nothing good ever happens for you. We are all sorry. Rot-Rot-Rot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[Quote]I have worked in many public buildings and the only thing I think we absolutely deserve is temperature control. Sometimes it is so hot in the public building I work in I feel like I"m having hot flashes. I"m only 30, so I assure you I am not. It is so hot I can barely do any work and I have to turn on my own fan.[/Quote]

One can only hope you were being sarcastic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

But our new Governor got 12 grand worth of new curtains a a brand new Caddy on day one. We're fine!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

[Quote]But our new Governor got 12 grand worth of new curtains a a brand new Caddy on day one. We're fine![/Quote]

And that was Cullen's point: the Offices are well taken care of, it is the public areas that are trash. You can bet the springs aren't coming through the cushions in the Lawmakers' seats, even in the Gardner!