Cool to see Dustin Pefroia run off the field because his wife was in labor, but

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: Cool to see Dustin Pefroia run off the field because his wife was in labor, but

Concur.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Cool to see Dustin Pefroia run off the field because his wife was in labor, but

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Concur.

[/QUOTE]

Good thing we fired Francona eh?

8-0 in World Series games after an 86 year drought.  What a jerk

[/QUOTE]

I liked Francona a lot...great guy..great coach. But..I think it was time for him to go..and I think he felt that way also. I have always held that the problems of the red sox come from the front office and the way they handle the players. I don't think the coaches stand a chance in that environment..as evidenced by the failed Bobby Valentine experiment.

I think the front office did Francona wrong..big time..but I also think Francona had had enough and would have moved on anyhow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Agree and agree.  Feeling too agreeable, this weekend, I guess.

From the moment Valentine said Youkilis wasn't emotionally engaged, in that TV interview, I said it's either/or now, and I don't mean just one on one.  And when Pedroia said, "He'll learn how we do things around here," the next day, that, to me, sealed it.  I thought maybe the team could use a Billy Beane moment (e.g., an unequivocal talk by the ownership).  Keep Valentine and back him, or not.  IMO, they threw the season.

Back to Tito (I wish)...  Francona at first declining the invitation to the centennial was pretty clear in case there was anyone left who didn't get it..