Cops Are Out in Force...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMovieFan. Show TheMovieFan's posts

Cops Are Out in Force...

Driving home, I spotted 3 police cars within two towns looking for speeders. One jumped out to nail a red SUV but another seemed to be asleep when I saw a car go through a red light.

Earlier this week, I spotted several troopers ticketing folks on 128.

Given state/town budgets, be careful out there!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Invinsible1. Show Invinsible1's posts

Cops Are Out in Force...

Many of them also have the new license plate reading tehnology. It scan cars in a 140 degree radius and alerts the gestapo if you have an out of date sticker, etc.

This is really illegal under the 4th amendment, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore. Nothing does.

Welcome to our new police state.
    It's going to get, much ,much worse as the planned implosion of our economy continues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Cops Are Out in Force...

[Quote]Many of them also have the new license plate reading tehnology. It scan cars in a 140 degree radius and alerts the gestapo if you have an out of date sticker, etc.

This is really illegal under the 4th amendment, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore. Nothing does.

Welcome to our new police state.
    It's going to get, much ,much worse as the planned implosion of our economy continues.[/Quote]

Sorry Sheepy, the law has allowed the reading and review of license plates for years as it does not constitute a "search" under the 4th Amendment. We are not even close to being in a police state... unless you are a paranoid whacko who thinks everything is a conspiracy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Cops Are Out in Force...

What good is a license plate if you aren't allowed to read it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Cops Are Out in Force...

[Quote]What good is a license plate if you aren't allowed to read it?[/Quote]

Exactly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Cops Are Out in Force...

Hey, I've been through sobriety checkpoints where the cop started scoping aroung my back seat with his flashlight and that is ABSOLUTELY illegal. But there's a reason you have to put your license plate in plain sight for Chrissakes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Cops Are Out in Force...

[Quote]Hey, I've been through sobriety checkpoints where the cop started scoping aroung my back seat with his flashlight and that is ABSOLUTELY illegal. But there's a reason you have to put your license plate in plain sight for Chrissakes.[/Quote]

'Fraid not, Greg. He CAN flash a light into the back seat, and anything he spots there is a "plain view" violation...perfectly legal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Cops Are Out in Force...

[Quote]

'Fraid not, Greg. He CAN flash a light into the back seat, and anything he spots there is a "plain view" violation...perfectly legal.[/Quote]

Unless he puts the flashlight actually inside the car. This stuff is tricky.