End the state income tax WILL be on the ballot this November

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StandardDeviation. Show StandardDeviation's posts

http://www.smallgovernmentact.org/newsrelease70208.html

END the Income Tax Ballot Initiative Qualifies for November 4 th Ballot by Filing Over 15,913 Certified Petition Signatures With Massachusetts Secretary of State
    Only 11,099 Signatures Required

Wednesday, July 2 nd , Carla Howell filed over 15,913 Certified Petition Signatures with Michelle K. Tassinari at Elections Division of the Secretary of the Commonwealth's Office. This fulfills the last legal requirement for putting the END the Income Tax Initiative on the November ballot.

“Governor Deval Patrick, the state legislature, and the Massachusetts Teachers Association no longer control the decision of whether to END the Income Tax. The voters will decide this November 4th,” said Carla Howell.

“Our END the Income Tax Ballot Initiative is the first major tax cut for working class and middle class Massachusetts taxpayers in 28 years. Since Proposition 2 ½.”

Two Polls of likely voters - one in January, another in May - show that 45% of Massachusetts voters already support this ballot initiative.

A November 4 th “yes” vote to End the State Income Tax will give back $3,600 each (average) to 3,000,000 Massachusetts workers and taxpayers. A $3,600 tax refund every year.

A “yes” vote to End the State Income Tax will stop the job exodus from Massachusetts. It will create hundreds of thousands of new jobs in Massachusetts in the next 2 years. New jobs for our unemployed and underemployed workers. New opportunities, new jobs for our high school and college graduates.

“In the face of $4.50 a gallon gasoline, skyrocketing heating oil costs, exploding home foreclosures, and 28 straight years of property tax increases on Massachusetts homes – ENDing the Income Tax will give desperately needed financial relief to Massachusetts families,” said Carla Howell, Chair of the Committee for Small Government.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StandardDeviation. Show StandardDeviation's posts

Do Libertarians have that affect on you?

I have a feeling that people are finally fed up with the those running this circus and are about to cut off their major source of funds. 

With this has to come a strong message that we will not tolerate having any of the other taxes increased in response.  I hope that my fellow voters are ready to make that commitment.

Any politician that votes in favor of a tax increase automatically losees my vote.  I don't care what good he has otherwise done, I WILL do my part to vote him out of office.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StandardDeviation. Show StandardDeviation's posts

[Quote]

Yeah, this will pass right after the Bruins win the Stanley Cup.

[/Quote]

Well, I won't underestimate the idocy of some voters.  After all these are the same geniuses who decided that we aren't responsible enough to buy alcohol from grocery stores.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[Quote]Well, I won't underestimate the idocy of some voters.  After all these are the same geniuses who decided that we aren't responsible enough to buy alcohol from grocery stores.[/Quote]

Be careful what you wish for. They (politicians) will not give up their ill gotten booty easily and they will find other ways to get it. I wish it would be that easy to just vote it out and it happens...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

Well, let's just hope that the legislature listens to the popular vote this time around. 

STOP FEEDING THE GOVERNMENT

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

We may be barking up the wrong tree here.  Massachusetts collects about  $11 billion in personal income taxes each year, which proponents of the income tax repeal claim is quite a hit on the state's economy.

But check out http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/62.html

Massachusetts receives only 77 cents in federal expenditures for ever dollar it pays in federal taxes ... 44th in the country, at a time when we are running a big budget deficit and the AVERAGE state therefore recieve more money from the feds than it sends to Washington.  How much does the 23% difference represent?  Well, we send 20.2% of our income to Washington, or about $60 billion.  23% of this is about $14 billion.  So the hit our economy takes by subsidizing the red states is MORE than our entire personal income tax.

Time for another tea party?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from who-cares-1940. Show who-cares-1940's posts

We have roads and bridges falling apart. We have a failing educational system. I could go on and on...

Unfortunately, we don't get government for free. Everybody wants everything and they want it for free.

Voters turn down overrides and then complain about teachers, firemen and police being layed off, or no fireworks on the 4th.

We need to pay taxes. There is no free ride.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

We have a failing educational system.

I completely agree that we could improve our schools dramatically, but don't sell them short:

"
    According to the United States Department of Education in 2007, Massachusetts ranked first in the country in 4th Grade Mathematics, first in 4th Grade Reading, first in 8th Grade Mathematics, first in 8th Grade Reading."

www.cptr.state.ny.us/pressReleases/CPTR_%20CBPPResponse_final_052108.pdf

We need to pay taxes. There is no free ride.

I would point out that the total state and local tax burden in Massachusetts is below the nationalaverage (10.6% vs. 11.0%) is in the lower half of all the states(28th), as it has been every year since 1999 (ranging from  27th to 35th).  Despite the epithets, wealready live in a relatively low tax rate state.  Eliminating the state income tax without making up the revenue loss elsewhere would drop our state and local tax burden to a level FAR below that of any other state except for Alaska.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/335.html