Eradicating the Boppie problem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SwizzleSticks. Show SwizzleSticks's posts

Eradicating the Boppie problem

You can report his entire account by clicking on his name and hitting the "Report" button.  There is also a comment box to list the reasons why you are reporting him.  Each person is allowed to report him only once but if we get enough people reporting his account (in lieu of each individual posting) then maybe we can eradicate the problem altogether.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Eradicating the Boppie problem

Thanks - I've got a part time job here reporting every single thread as spam, and I'm getting sick of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

I'll try but I only report the non factual stuff he posts, once in awhile. I geuss if I and others were more consistent, maybe it might work. Someone has to know someone who knows a person at the globe that can at least push his posts to a pedophile forum and take it off local, national, and world news.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It doesn't matter if it's factual or not - he's flooding the message board with the same message rendering it disabled if not useless.  That's spam.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

we can't abuse the forums to solve the problem.  bumping other posts just to knock his out is abuse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

In Response to Re: Eradicating the Boppie problem:
    we can't abuse the forums to solve the problem.  bumping other posts just to knock his out is abuse.
    Posted by kargiver

I would say "go for it". I have already posted some pretty lame and insane posts just to add a bit of variety. Variety is, after all, the spice of life ;) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I want him banned.  If we're nothing more than vindictive, name-calling yahoos while trying to get BDC to take us seriously that's counterproductive and he can then turn around and report you.  Please.  Just report.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Just use your ignore button if you don't like someone's posts,  I don't see the problem.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SwizzleSticks. Show SwizzleSticks's posts

Just use your ignore button if you don't like someone's posts,  I don't see the problem.  
    Posted by Robin39

Hi Robin, thank you for the suggestion.  I have already tried this and it doesn't hide his posts from my view, only the comments within each post, so it is basically ineffective.  I still have to look at the multiple titles of his postings and the only way to stop this is to treat him the same way as the "truther" spammers and get his account deleted.  I understand that he has an agenda but it is ridiculous at this point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SwizzleSticks. Show SwizzleSticks's posts

He likes to keep his topics on the front of the forum page. If you see any of his topics on the front of local ,national, or world "news" on the "forum topics " page then just go to any one of those ( local, national, world ) and pick any subject but his , and make a comment . That's how I found this forum. I saw kargiver made a comment in " his " forum thus putting it as " last comment " in that "subject ". If we keep him off the front of the " forum topics " page that will drive him crazy. He is only one demented soul vs. several good people. we will prevail. 
    Posted by Heisinberg

This could work (I really do like where you are going with this idea) but, unfortunately, he posts tons of new threads every day (almost every hour it seems) so we would have to be more diligent than he is.  And of course, he could use this technique himself, go into his own threads and post another comment, which would then put his stuff back on the top of the forum. 

I am with Kargiver and would prefer if he were completely banned.  The only way that I can see it being done is if enough people report his entire account, not every individual posting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's not that the comments are offensive and need to be ignored, per se, it's that he posts so many new whole threads every day of the same topic that it disrupts the use of the entire News section by pushing new threads of other topics down so far every day they get lost.  It wrecks the whole system. 

5 new threads a day all saying the same thing is spam.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Or . . .  you could simply not enter threads he starts, thus banishing them to wherever ignored threads go.

I don't want to come out in favor of one obssessed nutjob over another, but these political forums -- as far as I can tell -- are little more than an exercise in name-calling . . .  and it looks very much like there aren't but six or seven of  you engaged in it.

Starting threads about how indignant you are about someone interrupting that seems . . .

Well . . .

Pretty funny.

Either that, or I am entirely wrong.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SwizzleSticks. Show SwizzleSticks's posts

Or . . .  you could simply not enter threads he starts, thus banishing them to wherever ignored threads go. I don't want to come out in favor of one obssessed nutjob over another, but these political forums -- as far as I can tell -- are little more than an exercise in name-calling . . .  and it looks very much like there aren't but six or seven of  you engaged in it. Starting threads about how indignant you are about someone interrupting that seems . . . Well . . . Pretty funny. Either that, or I am entirely wrong.
    Posted by p-mike

I do not enter his threads and they are still a problem (hence this thread).  There are well-rounded, educated, and logical people who use the BDC threads and I would like to be able to communicate with them on current events, but I'm unable to do so because of Boppie's constant every day spamming.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Or . . .  you could simply not enter threads he starts, thus banishing them to wherever ignored threads go. I don't want to come out in favor of one obssessed nutjob over another, but these political forums -- as far as I can tell -- are little more than an exercise in name-calling . . .  and it looks very much like there aren't but six or seven of  you engaged in it. Starting threads about how indignant you are about someone interrupting that seems . . . Well . . . Pretty funny. Either that, or I am entirely wrong.
    Posted by p-mike

After making a concerted respectful effort to let Bop know his message has saturated this forum and isn't getting anywhere, I don't enter his threads except to report them as spam.  And, you have to assume that for the few people being vocal about it, there are many others silently doing the same thing.  If it were one new repetitive thread per week I'd totally ignore it, but 5 new per day mucks up the whole News section and is obtrusive to regular business.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Eradicating the Boppie problem : One Mortal Sin pony.  This is not pop entertainment.
    Posted by Bopanopawitz

No, it's spam.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

In Response to Re: Eradicating the Boppie problem : One Mortal Sin pony.  This is not pop entertainment.
    Posted by Bopanopawitz

You are right. It is a motal sin to present false testimony. To do so with your frequency at a deliberate level is a sin. You are wrong that this is a pop forum. We would like to see topics that folks respond to. As opposed to your dead end one sided posts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IMStrong59. Show IMStrong59's posts

I want him banned.  If we're nothing more than vindictive, name-calling yahoos while trying to get BDC to take us seriously that's counterproductive and he can then turn around and report you.  Please.  Just report.
    Posted by kargiver

Your signature says one thing, your words another.
    What gives?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IMStrong59. Show IMStrong59's posts

I have plenty of sins, but none of the following: *  1.  Molesting or raping children, as our clergy has done for 1700 years, involving millions of children. * 2.  Shielding someone I know that has molested or raped a child from the full force of civil and criminal law, as our Church leaders have, with documented proof that if extrapolated, would put 2/3 of all current bishops among those that shielded predators. * 3.  Being an apologist for those that do, as have so many of my fellow Catholics and Catholic institutions have done, and are doing. * 4.  Sitting back and allowing the crimes to continue in the Catholic Church, fundamentally unchanged in its involvement with child predation, as have so many people of my Faith continue to do. I plead guilty to many sins, but none of the above.  Children trust us to be men and protect them.  That is a trust that I am unable abandon.
    Posted by Bopanopawitz

This message never gets old.
    If Boppy repeates it 100 times a day, in every forum, it is still not spam.
    More power to you Bops.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

This is a public forum,  if you don't like what someone has to say, you don't have to read it.  The moderators check these threads,  If they thought something was inappropriate they'd intervene.    Freedom of speech.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IMStrong59. Show IMStrong59's posts

This is a public forum,  if you don't like what someone has to say, you don't have to read it.  The moderators check these threads,  If they thought something was inappropriate they'd intervene.    Freedom of speech.
    Posted by Robin39

Hear, hear.
    (Love does not insist on its' own way)

Sections
Shortcuts