False Accusations Against Priests Increase as More Individuals Seek a Lucrative Payday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

False Accusations Against Priests Increase as More Individuals Seek a Lucrative Payday

People will actually lie to get money?

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/dave-pierre/2011/01/02/wheres-media-la-atty-declares-many-abuse-accusations-against-catholic-p#ixzz1A6R3csD9

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

Re: False Accusations Against Priests Increase as More Individuals Seek a Lucrative Payday

how big was your payday bono? or did they figure out what a scam you're running and tell you to go pound sand?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SwizzleSticks. Show SwizzleSticks's posts

Re: False Accusations Against Priests Increase as More Individuals Seek a Lucrative Payday

@Boppie, spend a half hour with a 9, 10, 11, or 12 year old and then tell me that they don't lie.  Kids lie all of the time.  My sister and I were reasonably well behaved kids yet we told our fair share of lies.  Do I think the kids are lying for money?  No.  BUT they can be coerced by their parents, who are the ones looking for the payout.  There could be many reasons as to why they are willing to go along with it.  Feeling "accepted" by the parents (a need to please), maybe the parents promise to buy them material things, etc.

That being said, obviously there are real cases of abuse but that doesn't mean that there aren't people out there jumping on the bandwagon so they can make a quick buck.  I would think that you would be just as involved in trying to weed out the false accusers since those people make it harder for the real victims to be believed.

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts