False Accusations Against Priests Increase as More Individuals Seek a Lucrative Payday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

False Accusations Against Priests Increase as More Individuals Seek a Lucrative Payday

People will actually lie to get money?

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/dave-pierre/2011/01/02/wheres-media-la-atty-declares-many-abuse-accusations-against-catholic-p#ixzz1A6R3csD9

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

Re: False Accusations Against Priests Increase as More Individuals Seek a Lucrative Payday

how big was your payday bono? or did they figure out what a scam you're running and tell you to go pound sand?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SwizzleSticks. Show SwizzleSticks's posts

Re: False Accusations Against Priests Increase as More Individuals Seek a Lucrative Payday

@Boppie, spend a half hour with a 9, 10, 11, or 12 year old and then tell me that they don't lie.  Kids lie all of the time.  My sister and I were reasonably well behaved kids yet we told our fair share of lies.  Do I think the kids are lying for money?  No.  BUT they can be coerced by their parents, who are the ones looking for the payout.  There could be many reasons as to why they are willing to go along with it.  Feeling "accepted" by the parents (a need to please), maybe the parents promise to buy them material things, etc.

That being said, obviously there are real cases of abuse but that doesn't mean that there aren't people out there jumping on the bandwagon so they can make a quick buck.  I would think that you would be just as involved in trying to weed out the false accusers since those people make it harder for the real victims to be believed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

There is no doubt that there was a problem in the church.   I hope the father porter victims received all the money they were asking.

The church did not depose most who were making accusations.  On the average, anyone who held up their hands and claimed abuse, got over $100,000.

The first two people who were deposed were a father and son team.  The father claimed he was abused as a kid, and his adult son did as well.  What sane person who was abused would send their kid to a catholic school or church?  To avoid criminal charges, these two clowns had to admit on tv that they lied.

The next clown who lied was some nut who was in the air force.  He took the newton firefighter test when home on leave and passed.  He got called but could not get out of the airforce.  He claimed he had recalled memories of being abused by shanley.   Shanley was no good, but it was obvious that this newton firefighter was lying.  His recalled memories got him out of the air force and he was able to join the dept.

Mitchell Garabedian only goes after people with deep pockets.  The number of abuse cases in the church has gone down because, now there is no money to pay out, and most cases automatically go to trial.  Garabedian blows as a trial lawyer.

Sections
Shortcuts