Firefighters: Brown Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnperalta. Show johnperalta's posts

Firefighters: Brown Out

Since the economy is going down, the city has decided to shut down firefighter stations for short periods of time. Example: Lets say in Boston there are 4 fire stations. The city would shutdown one of the and leave the three open. Then they would shut the other station down. Some firefighters actually stayed open in order to insure the safety of their community, in other words, volunteering. If anyone can give links, responses, blogs, articles, or any information regarding to this please post up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drywells. Show Drywells's posts

Re: Firefighters: Brown Out

Save lives and property.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1182459

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellowsky. Show mellowsky's posts

They should privatize the police and fire department the unions are ruining the city. All the police and fire should be reviewed by a private firm. I am sick of them all. They were all fired at one time they should do it again. I think it was Calvin Coolidge....We need another one like him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

In Response to Re: Firefighters: Brown Out:
    They should privatize the police and fire department the unions are ruining the city. All the police and fire should be reviewed by a private firm. I am sick of them all. They were all fired at one time they should do it again. I think it was Calvin Coolidge....We need another one like him.
    Posted by mellowsky

It's important that we have dreams.

If you're looking for change we can believe in.. or honesty.. or any moral value.. Boy, you came to the wrong place !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Theresali. Show Theresali's posts

Bill the Cat,
    Obviously you have never had a family member on the Fire Dept. They are a very special breed and they are the "HEREOS", not the darn football & baseball players. I wonder would you run into a burning building to save a stranger and to put your life in danger? Probably not!!  I do agree there are some firefighters abusing the diability & retirement system, but they are few & far between. The good & heroic firefighter you never hear about.
    TLKKISmile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drywells. Show Drywells's posts

Many people are aware that most firefighters and police personnel are former USMC & USA heavy combat experienced vets and they will tell you what they do in the City every night is more difficult in many respects because it goes on for years and never gets easier.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from k442. Show k442's posts

Boy would the state law makers love to have privet fire and police bunniess .Then they could tax them .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellowsky. Show mellowsky's posts

The cops and fire unions have sucked the city dry. Mumbles in owned by the unions. Privatize the police and fire and get rid of Mumbles. Save some money Tom stop inviting illeagals here and writing all the signs in Spanish and English. I think the Chinese should get mad for being left out, why not write the signs in Chinese and Japanese also...It's called discrimination when you leave others out.

Sections
Shortcuts