Forget the media, what did YOU think about Ted Kennedy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

Re: Forget the media, what did YOU think about Ted Kennedy?

Didn't think too highly of him.. typical politician.. "Oh, Ted brought so much money to the state." Well, it was someone else's money..

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

One of the most singularly effective senators in history, with whom I disagreed on almost everything and got away with vehicular homocide because of his last name.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: Forget the media, what did YOU think about Ted Kennedy?:
    [QUOTE]One of the most singularly effective senators in history, with whom I disagreed on almost everything and got away with vehicular homocide because of his last name.
    Posted by GreginMedford[/QUOTE]

I'm with Greg on this one.  The first act of his life was marred by tragedy, the second by personal irresponsibility, but in the third he became an articulate voice for liberalism and someone who could get things accomplished.  The fact that Orrin Hatch counted him as a good friend and respected colleague shows he was a remarkable man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heynow98. Show heynow98's posts

Now we are going to watch as he suddenly becomes a resident of Florida when his estate is probated.

I'll be watching for this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]Now we are going to watch as he suddenly becomes a resident of Florida when his estate is probated. I'll be watching for this.
    Posted by heynow98[/QUOTE]

There IS precedent ya know.  BIG time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Yeah, no media bias in this thread...<<eye roll>>

And Greg, on your first post, I didn't know Mary Jo was gay...lol....

The one thing I know for sure about Teddy is that even though he was rich, privileged, educated, and powerful, I wouldn't want to walk in his shoes for a single day.  Overcoming personal tragedy is not exactly a skill, but if it was, he would be an olympic gold medalist. 

None of this tripe, either pro or con, takes any significant measure of the man as a father, son, brother, uncle, grandfather, etc., and anyone who thinks he knows is a bloody fool and a liar.  Children and grandchildren don't ask to be born or to whom, and denigrating the man is also denigrating those who must continue his legacy in spite of their surnames.  The sheer number of Kennedy kids who have gone on to public or philanthropic services is impressive, and surely some of that was due to Ted's influence.

And this is why such a thread like this is pure BS.  Life interwines our deeds with our behavior so completely, that after we're gone, only our deeds remain.  Picasso was right b*astard of a man by any definition, but he created art that influenced millions and will last centuries.  To be honest and objective, one MUST separate the "personal" from the "person", the art from the artist, the music from the musician, or even the policies from the policy-maker.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from honeymoore. Show honeymoore's posts

People idolized Wacko Jacko but they'll trash Ted Kennedy! Only in America!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

And Greg, on your first post, I didn't know Mary Jo was gay...lol....
    ---------------

What on EARTH are you talking about Matty???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]And Greg, on your first post, I didn't know Mary Jo was gay...lol.... --------------- What on EARTH are you talking about Matty???
    He is referring to your "homocide" in your first post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Ah!

thats actually pretty funny

Mea culpa, thanks matt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]People idolized Wacko Jacko but they'll trash Ted Kennedy! Only in America!!
    Posted by honeymoore[/QUOTE]

Make no mistake....plenty of people idolized and trashed BOTH

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, no media bias in this thread...<<eye roll />> And Greg, on your first post, I didn't know Mary Jo was gay...lol.... The one thing I know for sure about Teddy is that even though he was rich, privileged, educated, and powerful, I wouldn't want to walk in his shoes for a single day.  Overcoming personal tragedy is not exactly a skill, but if it was, he would be an olympic gold medalist.  None of this tripe, either pro or con, takes any significant measure of the man as a father, son, brother, uncle, grandfather, etc., and anyone who thinks he knows is a bloody fool and a liar.  Children and grandchildren don't ask to be born or to whom, and denigrating the man is also denigrating those who must continue his legacy in spite of their surnames.  The sheer number of Kennedy kids who have gone on to public or philanthropic services is impressive, and surely some of that was due to Ted's influence. And this is why such a thread like this is pure BS.  Life interwines our deeds with our behavior so completely, that after we're gone, only our deeds remain.  Picasso was right b*astard of a man by any definition, but he created art that influenced millions and will last centuries.  To be honest and objective, one MUST separate the "personal" from the "person", the art from the artist, the music from the musician, or even the policies from the policy-maker.
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

You need to be more serious : )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

In Response to Forget the media, what did YOU think about Ted Kennedy?:
    [QUOTE]  
    Posted by jkkite[/QUOTE]

Just happening to be in one of the cities of Massachusetts he represents ( Haverhill ) I didn't notice any particular " good things " he did for the state.

As far as I can ascertain; Haverhill's done a pretty good job managing money. Jim Fiorentini's never gone on public television ( just about the only place he's able to get himself on a tv screen ) and cried about financing or how broke the city may be if it even is.

Edward Kennedy as long as I've known him growing up has been a perpetual liberal wind bag. Criticizing just about everything and everyone.  All people know of him is that large old fat guy in the senate wailing away the time.

I will say this for a guy like that.  Outside of the Kennedy Combound he didn't seem much of a guy who was any sort of comfortable outside the halls of government; if showing up for work and being that kind of guy does it for him; he did his job to a T.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Just happening to be in one of the cities of Massachusetts he represents
    ------------------------

are there any he didn't?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[QUOTE]Ah! thats actually pretty funny Mea culpa, thanks matt

No problem, Greg. 

I'm here to help.

See, Dex...most of the time I would cry, if I wasn't laughing so hard....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

I can't speak for most liberals, but I speak for myself, I do hope that he is treated with respect and dignity. The man had his faults which cannot be glossed over, hard to do that with a war criminal, but during the funeral, etc. he should be spoken of in a regard to his successes. His many failures should be debated later. Its inappropriate to let the newly grieving family have to suffer additionally after such a loss.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

I felt he was a great senator, and this state even the Republicans (who are unwilling to admit how much good he did for us) will miss his presence even further when his replacement is unable to produce nearly as much beneficial legislation for MA. He was a great man, who represented those without a voice, you never heard of corruption or bribery scandals, his involved those of the more personal nature. You may not have agreed with him, but we all have come to take for granted much of legislation he passed, with great benefit to us all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from phoenix56. Show phoenix56's posts

Thoughts on Ted?  A man of honor would not have left a woman to drown.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

I felt he was a great senator, and this state even the Republicans (who are unwilling to admit how much good he did for us)
    ------------------------------

Name one who didn't or said otherwise

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sgt1191. Show Sgt1191's posts

Way to liberal for me. Was all about creating and maintaining a dependent class of people to keep himself and other Dems in power. Rode the coatails of his brothers into power. Clear example of why term limits are needed if this country is going to be saved. No one person should ever be allowed to hold office for so many years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]I felt he was a great senator, and this state even the Republicans (who are unwilling to admit how much good he did for us) ------------------------------ Name one who didn't or said otherwise

Making sh1t up is fun!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

A dependable drunk womanizer and murderer. You could count on him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from katsjazz. Show katsjazz's posts

I personally do not think that anyone has the right to judge someone else unless you have walked in his shoes. Look at your own life and ask would you like it dissected for the rest of the world. Let the man lie in peace and let God be his judge. Non of us have a squeeky clean life and none of us are qualified to judge someone else. What is the point to all this discussion? To hurt his family? To make yourself feel better for putting someone else down? Ask yourself what is the point?