Forget the media, what did YOU think about Ted Kennedy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Re: Forget the media, what did YOU think about Ted Kennedy?

In Response to Re: Forget the media, what did YOU think about Ted Kennedy?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the media, what did YOU think about Ted Kennedy? : Neither does lauratf
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

Oh, I must've read "let's enjoy the ride" incorrectly.

Glad youre here to interpret.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Oh, I must've read "let's enjoy the ride" incorrectly.

It happens

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticpride3000. Show celticpride3000's posts

I despised him. Let's begin with the cowardly act of bailing out of the car as he let Mary Jo Kopeckne drown and hiding out from police until his blood alcohol level was back down. He should have been convicted of manslaughter for that. The boozing and skirt chasing aren't criminal, but he sure made a disgrace of himself and was a public joke for a very very long time. His brother Jack was a conservative republican by comparison to Teddy's lunatic left positions. The ADA act helped some, but created whole new groups of the "disabled" like fat people and his attempts to give more benefits to illegal aliens than US or Massachusetts citizens enjoy has cost the US hundreds of millions if not Billions of dollars, and continues to both encourage and enable illegal immigration. His gift to Massachusetts of the big dig is nothing more than a multi billion dollar waste of money that leaks like a sieve. It's been falling apart since the day it opened. Ted embodies the term limousine liberal who's nice sounding intentions are marred by the wreckage left in their wake, and the mess we'll be paying for long after his scotch soaked corpse turns to dust. As long as Massachusetts is stuck in the grip of a single political party we will continue to suffer and be mocked by residents of nearby states like New Hampshire that refer to us as "Taxachusetts", and the residents as Mass holes. Kennedy's money and life within the insulated enclave of the Kennedy compound in Hyannis meant that he was not affected by his own legislation. I'm no fan of John Kerry either, but the best thing about him is that he does nothing at all. Four decades in the senate and all the legislation that  Kerry can claim credit to is naming some bridges after a few of his pals. What a pair we had representing us in Washington. God help us.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuwriter. Show nuwriter's posts

Ted Kennedy was perhaps the most negatively influential person in America in the past 50 years.

Nobody was quicker to lie, kill, or take away freedoms quicker than Ted.

No greater hypocrite walked among us.

No one ever got a free pass from the media.

I was sad to see him pass, but more sad that it hadn't happened 40 years earlier.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuwriter. Show nuwriter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the media, what did YOU think about Ted Kennedy? : I wouldn't call the death and maiming of American husbands, wives, sons and daughters in Iraq (a useless war) an enjoyable ride, not to speak of the thousands of iraqies in the same boat. It's a waste.
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat[/QUOTE]

Nice when the Al Qaeda fan club checks in.

Those who ignore history are doomed to become liberals. Petain, Chamberlain, Ted Kennedy.

You call it a useless war, (funny I was thinking you were useless), but the undeniable thing is. IT WORKED. We were attacked on Sept. 11, 2001, and then... we haven't been attacked since. The best defense actually was a good offense.

I know, you liberals love your totalitarian dictators, but as it turns out Saddam Hussein and his Nazi-decendent Baath Party were bad guys. They made a treaty, and didn't follow through on it. The man gassed his own people by the thousands, had Nazi style secret police. As bad as the Iraqi Civil War is, it is caused by our enemies, NOT US. They are fighting in Iraq, as opposed to Brookline or Cambridge, and I'm really OK with that. Let these cowards fight armed American soldiers, as opposed to the accountants, stock brokers, secretaries, airline passengers, and day care children that they targeted here on 9-11.

That you don't get that is why Al Qaeda loves you so much. You have been, and will continue to be their most effective weapon. A sucker who will believe their lies. Thank God the Iraq surge worked, because you liberals were trying your damnedest to lose this war the way you lost Vietnam. Not on the battlefield, but in the media. You and Teddy. Cheering your country's failures for your own political gains.

Not since Benedict Arnold have we had such a champion of the people.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Forget the media, what did YOU think about Ted Kennedy? : In Response to Re: Forget the media, what did YOU think about Ted Kennedy? : I wouldn't call the death and maiming of American husbands, wives, sons and daughters in Iraq (a useless war) an enjoyable ride, not to speak of the thousands of iraqies in the same boat. It's a waste. Posted by Bill.the.Cat Nice when the Al Qaeda fan club checks in. Those who ignore history are doomed to become liberals. Petain, Chamberlain, Ted Kennedy. You call it a useless war, (funny I was thinking you were useless), but the undeniable thing is. IT WORKED. We were attacked on Sept. 11, 2001, and then... we haven't been attacked since. The best defense actually was a good offense. I know, you liberals love your totalitarian dictators, but as it turns out Saddam Hussein and his Nazi-decendent Baath Party were bad guys. They made a treaty, and didn't follow through on it. The man gassed his own people by the thousands, had Nazi style secret police. As bad as the Iraqi Civil War is, it is caused by our enemies, NOT US. They are fighting in Iraq, as opposed to Brookline or Cambridge, and I'm really OK with that. Let these cowards fight armed American soldiers, as opposed to the accountants, stock brokers, secretaries, airline passengers, and day care children that they targeted here on 9-11. I agree 100% good  post
    Posted by chiefhowie[/QUOTE]

AQ fan club????

Were you paying attention or just caught up in emotion? You republicans cannot seperate yourselves from an emotional moment to stand back and look at the big picture.

To say we have not been attacked may be true, BUT you neglect to admit the attackers are all dead and the group they identify with is a small, unorganized bunch of misfits living in caves who pulled off a little coup and riled up an uptight  country. Heck, I could do it in a smaller scale tomorrow with a few M80's and a couple of beers. Would you attack my hometown for my Friday night shinanigans??? or better yet, attack the town next door for my misbehaving?

That's Bush, The guy you identify with. Start thinking and stop acting like you're in a John Wane film.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1984-Redux. Show 1984-Redux's posts

[QUOTE]It's scary how after the man is dead and buried, the RW cannot let go of the anger and hatred they feel for this guy because of the kopeckne case. Just illustrates how small one can be. And then they give Bush a pass after sending thousands to their death in a useless war. You figure it out. I can't understand the logic. 
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat[/QUOTE]

One can only ASSUME you would allow Hussein to finish his genocide untouched. There are millions of Iraquis that are grateful. Right or wrong.. WMD or no WMDs.. he had the testicles to do something. Much more than I can say of the flacid puppet in the WH today.

Back to the original question.. Teddy was a true politician.. capable of lying to anyone.. denying any responsibility.. and cold to morals and rules.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from macd1. Show macd1's posts

HE WAS A PIECE OF GARBAGE. HELPED RUIN THIS COUNTRY! BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED IS HE IS GONE........

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jen101. Show Jen101's posts

The public served him well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Kennedy was part of the problem.  He was for big government and control of people beyond the constitutionally mandated standards.  how liberals could not see this is beyond me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from financelaw. Show financelaw's posts

Who are we to judge him? How do any of us know how we would have acted in his footsteps? The answer is no one can. I can't imagine being born into a family with such a heavy burden on my shoulders. Oh sure, it may seem "cool" to have everything as your disposal, but in reality, nearly everyone in his shoes have wished for a more "normal" life. And the fact that he is a "Kennedy" only perpetuates the media into a frenzy every time that he and his family did something. Good grief, the guy was never left alone. Remember when John Jr. was alive? Every fricking week he was in the news as though we needed to know what he did at every minute. Leave the family alone. I am a Republican but I loved what he did for this country and although I could never vote for him (being from Michigan), I always supported his family too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from June030331. Show June030331's posts

He was a big time loser with Daddy's money to bail him out of everything including murder.  A big mouth and always patting himself on the back.  He should have been in the Big House instead of the Senate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimbo5455. Show jimbo5455's posts

my thoughts regarding tk would take to long to put in this post. in short; i would never leave my daughter alone with him, or any kennedy male. sorry vrk, but i don't believe that you tamed the lion.