FOX 25 has to stop! American Idol is not news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Re: FOX 25 has to stop! American Idol is not news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't disagree, but its not a big deal for me.  You could argue that VB reading emails with a stuffed dog on Beacon and Park isn't exactly news either

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Re: FOX 25 has to stop! American Idol is not news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE]This isn't a thread to bash american idol even though I am not a fan. The news is supposed to inform us of newsworthy items going on the world. I don't think a singing competition on any level warants this kind of coverage. When they are analizing this in there beacon hill studios and the traffic guy is interviewing the losers there is something very wrong. This is the news. It's not Extra, It's not TMZ, It's the local news. I think they are irresponsible and unprofessional considering this fluff news and giving this the coverage they do. It's disgusting. It might be back to wbz for me.
    Posted by Dfury13[/QUOTE]

It is called cross promotion. It is the #1 viewed show on their station and they want people to know.

BTW, I know many people who feel the same about the sports section. It should be kept to ESPN not a local news broadcast. They (stations) are damned if the do and damned if they don't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

I agree even though i gave up watching Fox for any sort of news...its dispicable and takes away from their credibility...

kinda like espn disguising themselves as a national sports show when in reality its just an extention os NESN and the YES network

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

I watch Channel 5 in the morning and I am starting to think they cater chiefly to the ADHD demographic. It is delivered in such a jumbled manner. I hear the weather something like 10 times in 15 minutes and then not again for another 20.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

It's not news anymore, it's infotainment.

I can't watch news on TV anymore, 30 seconds of news, 30 seconds of the "coming up next" tease then 5 minutes of advertising. And weather, always the weather, over and over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

i watch Fox 25 in the morning because they stay local, and have the traffic sitch a lot.  I don't need a Ken Doll telling me the weather in Cornhole, Nebraska

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[QUOTE]I watch Channel 5 in the morning and I am starting to think they cater chiefly to the ADHD demographic. It is delivered in such a jumbled manner. I hear the weather something like 10 times in 15 minutes and then not again for another 20.
    Posted by lrecliner[/QUOTE]

Thank you.  I have complained repeatedly to channel 5 about the delivery of the news.  David Brown is racing to get the most words in, I think.  The format is partly because they figure people only watch 15 minutes or so at a time with showers, dressing, breakfasts, etc.  Still, the delivery is POOR.  And as Fox 25 promotes American Idol, channel 5 pushes "Dancing with the Stars", etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

That blonde honey on channel 5 in the morning is smokin'

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you.  I have complained repeatedly to channel 5 about the delivery of the news.  David Brown is racing to get the most words in, I think.  The format is partly because they figure people only watch 15 minutes or so at a time with showers, dressing, breakfasts, etc.  Still, the delivery is POOR.  And as Fox 25 promotes American Idol, channel 5 pushes "Dancing with the Stars", etc.
    Posted by mhc90[/QUOTE]

Its that whole "news to go" thing they do. Yes, I sense a little tension between the pretty boy and Bianca.  I also hate the little puns they use. This morning they were doing a spot on some military training exercise where the trainees have to use rope to climb up and down buildings..so Dave quips: "Coming up next, we go to a training exercise where trainees really need to...... be shown the ropes"

Poor Gail Huff! Whenever there is a snow storm or a monsoon, poor Gail gets shipped out to some freakin out the way town to inform us what we can pretty much see if we look out our window. "Yes, as you can see, the snow fall is particularly heavy out here in Ashburnham" 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

We cant stop American Idol now!

Its now the format by which we choose an American president!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

They were also pumping up tonight's 24 finale, but that of course actually IS news

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[QUOTE]Its that whole "news to go" thing they do. Yes, I sense a little tension between the pretty boy and Bianca.  I also hate the little puns they use. This morning they were doing a spot on some military training exercise where the trainees have to use rope to climb up and down buildings..so Dave quips: "Coming up next, we go to a training exercise where trainees really need to......  be shown the ropes " Poor Gail Huff! Whenever there is a snow storm or a monsoon, poor Gail gets shipped out to some freakin out the way town to inform us what we can pretty much see if we look out our window. "Yes, as you can see, the snow fall is particularly heavy out here in Ashburnham" 
    Posted by lrecliner[/QUOTE]

The best one was the other morning when Bianca suggested using newspapers instead of paper towels to wash window.  Dave the plastic boy said "Oh, you've learned something sitting next to me"--what a condescending jerk.  I only watch the weather and traffic, the rest I tune out.  And yes, Gail gets all the bad assignments.  I've always liked her, though her husband is a twerp (State Sen. Scott Brown). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from C9dP. Show C9dP's posts

Neither is the anchor from the Today Show fondling Brad Pitt news. If you want news, go to the Wall Street Journal or the FT.