Go ahead Governor Patrick, raise the gas tax

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoFreaknSpin. Show NoFreaknSpin's posts

Maybe Joe Kennedy will start delivering Iranian gas versus Venezuelan oil to the 95% of us who will be paying higer taxes of all kinds (income, excise, gas, sales tax, death tax, property tax, toll tax, alcohol tax.... did I leave any out?)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

ANyone know if belgium is has a good jobles rate? i hear they have great beer and french fries.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from enlighttened1. Show enlighttened1's posts

So what will the Gov do if people do smarten up and car pool or take the T and the revenue goes down even further? What will D'val do when food prices at supermarkets rise due to added shipping costs?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SPARKY12. Show SPARKY12's posts

Remember this when he runs for re-election. People are losing jobs and he's giving us extra expenses. What a crooked state.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]
    Beware of democrats bearing earmarks. Think cigarette tax[/Quote]

The cigarette tax is the best thing that ever happened to me. Haven't smoked in seven months.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]ANyone know if belgium is has a good jobles rate? i hear they have great beer and french fries.[/Quote]

I can testify to that. Plus, it's fun to say Belguim. Beellll-GIUM! :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[Quote]

But isn't the MA gas tax already higher than NH's...?[/Quote]

3 cents more. Is there a point here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[Quote]

The cigarette tax is the best thing that ever happened to me. Haven't smoked in seven months.[/Quote]

Good for you!

The point of course was that its earmarks were complete and total bullschnit. You know, LIE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[Quote]

As I understand it, Gas taxes have go to a trust fund used for Road projects. It can't be used for anything else. But, the state can reduce other moneys that go for infrastructure. If current projects received 50% of thier funding comes from the trust fund and 50% comes from other taxes. This ratio can be change to 75% from the trust fund.

The issue is that the trust fund has been depleted. This is a problem inherited by current Gov. Had the previous Gov. intended to serve more than 1 term instead of using most of his 1st term to run from president, then he may have been motivated to tackle the problem before it got ritical instead of leaving it for his successor.[/Quote]

Load o' dingo kidneys. He VETOED the depletion of that fund.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5thtry. Show 5thtry's posts

does anybody think that these cheap gas prices aren't going to go up eventually, but tax stays. the opec countries aren't going to settle for losing dollars, i don't believe. they'll probably cut down in production, making the gas prices go up and we'll being paying for higher gas prices that we have now in addition to the permanent increased state tax.

if you don't live near the border, it wouldn't be worth driving to n.h. obviously. as one poster said 95% probably won't make the trip, unless they want to stock up on booze and cigs too.

cities & towns are getting reduced money from the state and the taxpayers get stuck making up the difference. we're already strapped and we keep paying extra taxes on everything from gas to meals, hotels, wtr bills, etc....postage is going up and probably the t., i now have to pay for garbage bags, where in the past, i didn't. speaking of the t. how can they can have such a deficit if the ridership have increased by (forget) percent. p*ss poor mgmt.

and on and on. meanwhile we're bailing out these ceo's and their companies while they're squandering billions of dollars on all kind of amendities and priviledge. i heard that madoff (sp) wife took out 15 mil the night before hubby got indicted.

oy, what a world. where' the cheapest place to live. oh, but then i wouldn't get a job would i.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

bump

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 5thtry. Show 5thtry's posts

[Quote]Remember this when he runs for re-election. People are losing jobs and he's giving us extra expenses. What a crooked state.[/Quote]

i think whoopie and billy and robin should do a telethon and raise money for the unemployed and poor people like us who live from paycheck to paycheck and are paying for everything. this is supposed to help the economy. who can spend anything if they keep sucking money out of our paychecks. there's nothing left.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

bump

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

You stole another speech didn't you

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

[Quote]

speaking of the t. how can they can have such a deficit if the ridership have increased by (forget) percent. p*ss poor mgmt.

[/Quote]

Because the a-holes who run the t had their genius plan to create the charlie pass system that cost what, like billions. It is ridiculous, they cry money problems, have trains that need fixing, need to add more trains, and what do they do? raise ticket fares and spend a fortune revamping how tickets are collected. And now we get to foot the bill! Why arent they held accountable for this???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

[Quote]So what will the Gov do if people do smarten up and car pool or take the T and the revenue goes down even further? What will D'val do when food prices at supermarkets rise due to added shipping costs?

[/Quote]

Seriously right! Don't they even get the fact that so many businesses are leaving the state due to the high cost of doing business here? Sure, go ahead, raise the gas tax, which will raise the price of items in all stores due to delivery charges increasing, for the companies that even still continue to do business here...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

bump

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[Quote]

Because the a-holes who run the t had their genius plan to create the charlie pass system that cost what, like billions. It is ridiculous, they cry money problems, have trains that need fixing, need to add more trains, and what do they do? raise ticket fares and spend a fortune revamping how tickets are collected. And now we get to foot the bill! Why arent they held accountable for this???[/Quote]

I like my Charlie Card.

It is kinda funny though that they think Charlie is a good thing. I don't think they ever listened to the song

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]
    Because the a-holes who run the t had their genius plan to create the charlie pass system that cost what, like billions. It is ridiculous, they cry money problems, have trains that need fixing, need to add more trains, and what do they do? raise ticket fares and spend a fortune revamping how tickets are collected. And now we get to foot the bill! Why arent they held accountable for this???[/Quote]

Don't forget all the people who don't actually have to pay to ride. When you get on the Green Line above the ground during rush hour, all you have to do is show the driver a Charlie Card. Nevermind that you can get an empty Charlie Card just about anywhere, and they don't require you to prove that there's any money on it.

At least you have to pay to get home, though. On the Commuter Rail, they hardly ever collect fares.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

Deval Patrick or shall I call you Devil Patrick, Massachusetts is already the laughingstock of the country with its loonie left ideology and actions. Now you want to raise the tax on a gallon of gas by 27 cents so that the state can pay off incompidence and cronieism. I have an idea, how about stop paying A TOLL TAKER $70,000 a year and bust up that evil union and get people to take change from drivers at a rate of $12.00 an hour. Wow, instant savings. However, you would never think about doing such a simple action.

YES, WE CAN (incomplete thought) should instead be YES, WE CAN TAX THE HARD WORKING TAXPAYERS TO INSANITY.

Can't wait to vote you out of office Deval.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

MassGOP would have to be morons not to beat Deville in 2010.

The problem is thay are.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

ONE WAY TO BEAT THE SYSTEM!!!!! LOL!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

"Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet"

Sections
Shortcuts