Have you ever wondered why it's usually priests that get accused decades later of abuse?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

Have you ever wondered why it's usually priests that get accused decades later of abuse?

So what sets the accusers of priests apart from other claimants? The John Jay study commissioned by the U.S. Bishops revealed that the highest percentage of accusers of Catholic priests came forward not in the 1960s to 1980s when the abuse was claimed to have occurred, but between 2002 and 2004 when Catholic dioceses entered, or were forced into, mediated or “blanket” settlements.

http://www.catholicleague.org/catalyst.php?year=2009&month=July-August&read=2623

How many years did you wait Bono?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Re: Have you ever wondered why it's usually priests that get accused decades later of abuse?

The notion that so many "silent" claims came forward after the first settlements is the issue. Not that abuse did occur. But the standards for claims and the notion that 30 years later with no formal or informal complaint some come forward to collect a check. Bopope continues to bleat about hiding priests from the courts but forgets that all persons are innocent until proven guilty. If Bopope really wants to live in a country where this is not the case he can go to russia. Where a few thousand bucks can buy a conviction without much in the way of a trial.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

Re: Have you ever wondered why it's usually priests that get accused decades later of abuse?

"bank on it"

that's what you've been doing with your settlement Bofraud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

bump

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

bump

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

happy 4th everyone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

fireworks were great weren't they?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

give it up today for our freedom!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

Bofraud is a fraud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Well I said so months ago. I'm not happy about it. What are the options? Much like 911FOOLS, you whack it down with truth and logic and it grows two new threads. Sorry if you get it.
    I just put my two in time to time. Peace to all, but a focus on our troubled folk. They need the benefit of a change of their worrisome minds.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

totally

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

Time to get this back on top ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

Bottoms up Bofraud!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem5. Show jem5's posts

Have you ever wondered that some people wait until the priest is dead to report it?  Have  you ever wondered why a monsignor goes visiting bedside in the hospital only to ask where the persons check is? have you ever wondered why you have to PAY to get married in a catholic church that you have donated to for most of your life?   I think there are definitely priests that have abused and there are definitely people that have not actually been abused that are jumping on the band wagon.  I also think I am glad that I don't attend mass anymore and I talk to "my god" whenever and wherever I want to....have a nice day!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

You were doing so well Bofraud. Kinda disappointed in you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

To the top!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

boFRAUD!

Sections
Shortcuts