Here it comes, National youth service! wow!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

Obama just mentioned it. he wants the bill onhis desk. The bill that takes kids , indoctrinates them inthe democratic dogma and spits them out as thenew National Youth Corps. By joining you get a guaranteed college education. And the US gets the newest Hitler Youth. I mean National Youth, corps.
    Right after that will be the forced youth corps.
    He said he wants eveyone to commit to further training or learning,
    Because you are not smart enough now.

Honestly Im scared, scared of the economy, scard of the future, and this national youth service corps scares the hell out of me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

bump

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hornet. Show Hornet's posts

He is correct. Based on the grammar of your post alone, you are indeed not smart enough now.

Democratic dogma? We can only hope. At least it's not the I'm-alright-Jack-keep-your-hands-off-of-my stack Republican dogma that brought us here.

I have a lot of concerns about the way both Parties are approaching the economy. But you need to consider doing some serious introspection when you reflexively criticize the concept of service to community.

No better day to get started than Ash Wednesday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

you all misunderstand i dont want any dogma, democrat nor republican.
    But this is a thinly veiled way to group the youth together under the banner of the democratic party. Which if, you vie historic paralells is the same thng done in germany prior to WW2. Now i am not sayng Obama is hitler or any such thing, butthis service to community is the very same thing Hitler promoted.
    Especially when its service to your community backed by the financial incentive of a college education
    if you do the research you will find the slogans and resoning are erriely similar. And that worries me. .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Dogma is universal. The Pledge of Allegiance expresses a dogma. The Bible does. The Scouting promises and laws are dogmas. Dogmas can be good or bad. Service to community can be sincere or a cover. I have to believe Obama is sincere. If others are not, then we should be on guard.

The idea that all the nay-saying republicans are promoting, which is, that nothing Obama proposes is right, that nothing is worth trying other than tax cuts, which have already driven us to the brink of disaster, is the worst dogma of all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

The Hitler Youth Organization was a mandatory paramilitary organization meant to begin the training of boys as young as 10 years old for military service. Though the organization did include a component for young girls their programs were typically geared towards an emphasis on domestic concerns of homemaking, preparation for marriage, and some job training.

Obama's call for National Youth Service is actually nothing new. In fact he is seeking to expand existing programs greated by President Clinton (AmeriCorps) and President Kennedy (Peace Corps). In return for participation the plans, as the others before it, offer incentives including small stipends and college tuition considerations.

But I suppose the ignorati on the right who try to frame this as some prelude to a Naziesque rise to power are convinced that our country's youth are fit, that we don't need more people making personal investment into into the vitality and health of our cities and communities. No, lets just let a generation of children grow up fat, apathetic, with short attention spans due to excessive TV, video games, internet, etc.

EVERYTHING IS FINE AMERICA WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING COMMUNITY SERVICE THE FREE MARKET WILL TAKE OF EVERYTHING LOWER TAXES, PEACE OUT, Y'ALL. WOOO!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

There is nothing wrong in having our young people committed to an education. This country needs it. The tellers in our grocery stores don't know how to subtract and add. Applicants for a receptionist/secretary job - do not know how to type - never mind spell. They come to an interview chewing gum.
    If this president have ideas for bringing up our youth to par with the rest of the world - I am all for it. As it is now, it is a disgrace.
    That said, I am talking young people in general. There are fortunately many wonderful young people, that have goals and know where they are going - but in the general population it is not so. Our country is going downhill because of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

Im nuts but a forced year of service for youth is nice?

And by the way Mr moron, The boy scouts are VOLUNTARY, and you have to perform or get out.
    And if you want to say thatthe scouts are erriely similar to the hotler youth, i would agree except they arent overseen by the government, they arent mandatory for college students, they do not reward their members after a year of service with money either. So dont be a total idiot.

Peopl seem upset i said dogma, well ill rephrase it ans say That any organization, ocerseen by the government formed to group the youth of america together into packs or groups under the guise of SERVICE TO THEIR COUNTRY, is the exact enemy of everything the United States has ever been for!
    And Americorps was a summer job for kids , not a VOLUNTEER NON PAID grouping of youth with a reward for being a good doobie AFTER the service is done. MAJOR difference
    ANd the peace corps? How is a year of forced community service ( WHICH WE GIVE AS PUNISHMENT TO CRIMINALS BY THE WAY) anythng like missionaries helping underpriveledged countries with fresh water or bridges etc?
    ANd to the person who said the hitler youth was for youths starting at 10 years old?
    The hitler youth was primarily for ages 16 to 18 it was only atthe very end of the war the younger boys usually 12 to 15 , who were not called the hitler youth, or HJ , but originally were grouped together under the auspices of the older boys in the HJ who had the responsibility of overseeing the physical fitness development programs provided to the German youth. Much later they trianed them in more military skills. If you do the research, they initially did things like collecting scrap metals and recyclables, they would clear fields, and clean parks and school areas. The girls, would stand at trains stations and parade areas and hand out cold drinks to the soldiers going out or coming back from war. They organized blood drives and handd out flyers and provided instruction for disasters like bombings and how to have a lights out etc. they also halped with cooking and cleaning for the elders and busier members of society. The lder boys before they became soldiers, heed with roads clearing, building infrastructure like, barns, and storage areas, for livestock. later they became tools for the third reich.
    In the begining the youth wee entice with slogans about building patriots for the fatherland, and hitler himself made a speech were he pushed for the HJ stating " We will instill in them, all the ideals we hold highest. We will invest in our future and Germany will reap the benefits of thier actions, Today and Tomorrow!"*
    * From Christoph Schubert-Weller - Hitler-Jugend; Juventa Press; Munich; Germany; 1993; ISBN 3-7799-1123-X

Now be honest, doesnt that sound a lot like what has been said so far?
    you people think im a republican out to bring down obama, when in fact im a die hard libertarian, who hates politicians.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

Pingo, explain to me how community service for college kids is somehow going to teach addition or interview manners to people?
    Or are you advocating college kids become grocery cashiers for a career?
    this is not about increasing the rigors of education, which i would be all for, this is for Voulnteer ( read do it or else) community service for college kids, and as a reward for , and i quote president obama " A year of service to thier country," as a reward for this we give them "the financial help they need" ( note the ambiguity) "to get a college education."

Now do you get it?
    You know maybe it is ok, after all its a lot like israel does now.
    Im sure you all agree with that right?
    The

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

There is alos a provision in the bill created by senators orrin hatch and edward kennedy, that allows the government to withhold federal financial aid, to those who do not participate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmatthew68. Show kmatthew68's posts

Godwin's law in the very first post! That must be some kind of record.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

fine then read on.

Back in July 2008, Obama, then the presidential front runner, called for a “civilian national security force” as powerful as the U.S. military.
    “We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded,” Obama told a Colorado Springs audience.

also lets look at good old rahm

Fears of “youth brigades” or civilian stasi style units increased following Obama’s appointment of Rahm Emanuel to chief-of staff.
    In his book, “The Plan: Big Ideas for America,” Emanuel writes: “It’s time for a real Patriot Act that brings out the patriot in all of us. We propose universal civilian service for every young American. Under this plan, all Americans between the ages of 18 and 25 will be asked to serve their country by going through three months of basic training, civil defense preparation and community service.”
    The book also notes, “Some Republicans will squeal about individual freedom, ruling out any likelihood that they would let people opt out of universal citizen service.”
    Emanuel is also an enthusiastic supporter of the United States Public Service Academy Act, a lobbying group founded in 2006 in order to promote the foundation of an American public service academy modeled on the military academies - a youth corps whose students would be trained in “civilian internship in the armed forces”.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

There are no "do it or else" provisions in the Youth Service initiatives only incentives for those who choose to participate and increased incentives to attract more people to consider the option or an AmeriCorp or PeaceCorp stint. Participants will be paid either stipends for the time or given college funds. So again, you are wrong.

Second you appear to be confusing various articles and comments/opinions made by writers (for example Time has several pieces covering national service pros and cons that were a collection of opinions, not Obama policy) for what a National Service plan should look like versus what Obama has actually offered.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

I am quoting obama directly sir, and rahm emmanuel from his own book, there is no opinion here sir.
    there is also no mention or americorps or the peace corps. please do not try to muddy the waters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Mr. Hud, you are being hysterical. The Hitler/Obama comparison is absurd. Get a grip on reality. Giving back to your community for college benefits is not the first step to totalitarianism. Get a grip.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[Quote]I am quoting obama directly sir, and rahm emmanuel from his own book, there is no opinion here sir.
    there is also no mention or americorps or the peace corps. please do not try to muddy the waters.[/Quote]

The comment you are referring to came from the campaign trail where by that point Clinton and Obama, the two remaining candidates, had offered their views on national service initiatives. Obama as well as Clinton had spelled out their plans previously so even though it wasn't mentioned specifically it was clear to anyone following the campaign what he was referring to. What you are knee jerking to is more hysteria from the likes of Alex Jones and Prison Planet/Infowars nonsense which puts you firmly in league with 9-11 truthers, and other ridiculous conspiracy theorists.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

You are an idiot, your absurd posts only reinforce that observation.

Please take to heart "better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Invinsible1. Show Invinsible1's posts

You're right on target. But the vast majority of people have no clue about history. So, it's almost inpossible to speak to them about historical precedents. That's how they get away with this crap.

Video: Obama Youth in Paramilitary Garb Chant Propaganda

Kurt Nimmo
    Infowars
    October 6, 2008

As an example of the sort fanaticism the Obama “Change” campaign is whipping up, consider the video here of an Obama “regiment” videotaped last year in Kansas City, Missouri. (Note: the same state where prosecutors and cops went after people who dared say anything negative about the Anointed One. For more on the Obama campaign’s attack on free speech and political debate, see Obama mobilizes rapid response on Web.)

Enthusiastically supporting your banker supported insider for president is one thing, but marching around in cammies in paramilitary fashion chanting like boot camp Marines is another thing altogether.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Invinsible1. Show Invinsible1's posts

[Quote]He is correct. Based on the grammar of your post alone, you are indeed not smart enough now.

Democratic dogma? We can only hope. At least it's not the I'm-alright-Jack-keep-your-hands-off-of-my stack Republican dogma that brought us here.

I have a lot of concerns about the way both Parties are approaching the economy. But you need to consider doing some serious introspection when you reflexively criticize the concept of service to community.

No better day to get started than Ash Wednesday.
    [/Quote]

Both political crime families are controlled by the same people. I've been saying that here for over 3 years and have taken incredible attacks for implying that our government officials have become completely corrupt. As the economy continues to be imploded by design, more and more people will be open to listening to the truth.

The text from Obama’s change.gov website, which went online shortly after the election result, originally appeared as follows (emphasis mine).

Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year.

The text was changed at some point on Friday afternoon/evening to the following (emphasis mine).

Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by setting a goal that all middle school and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year and by developing a plan so that all college students who conduct 100 hours of community service receive a universal and fully refundable tax credit ensuring that the first $4,000 of their college education is completely free.

See the two different versions in the following screenshots (click for enlargements).

featured-stories - Obama Website Scrubs Mandatory Community Service Call featured-stories - Obama Website Scrubs Mandatory Community Service Call

On a separate area of the website, the program was also described under the heading “Require 100 hours of service in college,” but this has also since disappeared.

Clearly, the use of the word “require” suggested that the program would be mandatory, stoking fears that such community service programs would be one aspect of Obama’s promised “civilian national security force” that is “just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded” as the U.S. military.

“The language of requiring students to serve and the creation of a “Classroom Corps” sparked a surge of criticism from bloggers for bringing back memories of the much-publicized video of marching Obama youthWorld Net Daily. and Obama’s “civilian national security force,” which the candidate said in July would be just as powerful and well-funded as the U.S. military,” reports

(ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[Quote]You are an idiot, your absurd posts only reinforce that observation.

Please take to heart "better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt".[/Quote]

My good mtbr,

I'm not a kook and 99 times out of 100 shove this type of stuff aside, but he HAS said this, and concern is at the very least warranted. I'm not even sure I'm against the idea (perhaps, VERY perhaps, offering kids "civic duty" as a pre-req for edu-$), but...

...if someone named, say, Bush, proposed what our new President has, you'd schnit yourself, and you damned well know it.

Sections
Shortcuts