House of Blues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

House of Blues

I must admit, I'm not sure what to make of this news that the House of Blues chain is taking over Avalon and Axis on Lansdowne Street. I liked Axis, it was cozy. And Avalon was fun because you could mock the club kids who would come in after the punk shows. I have a couple live albums where the venue is a House of Blues venue (Adolescents and the Vandals), so I guess the types of shows wouldn't be any different. But the whole corporate-monolith-owning-every-entertainment-and-sports-joint-in-America concept leaves a bad taste in my mouth. (Yeah, House of Blues started in Harvard Square, but it's now owned by Live Nation. Yuck.)�I agree. I liked the House of Blues in Harvard from time to time, but I will really miss Avalon. I saw a lot of great shows there. A lot of the shows that used to be booked there are being booked at the Roxy now and the Roxy sucks. No matter what time the opening act starts, every show is over at like 9 so they can have their merengue club or whatever.� Pretty lame. I still enjoy the Paradise, though. �I guess it could be worse, it could be the Rat that's closing down. huh? The Rat closed forever ago lol ��

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

House of Blues

Really? It must not have been frigging merengue night the night BR was there. lol Maybe I exagerrated too...it might be 10 that they shut down...regardless, it's still pretty lame lol The Middle East...ugh...sometimes they have good bands....but definitely sucky bands more often than not lol I was only mildly heartbroken when the Rat closed. I was totally underage and only got to see a few shows there. It is where I saw Biohazard and was absolutely terrified that my face was going to get stomped in...so much blood and carnage everywhere lol Great show:-)��

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

House of Blues

Yeah...It baffles me that they don't run the T until after the bars and clubs get out. �I'm sure I did miss out on the glory days of metal and punk, but I've seen my share of pits, been punched in the face by huge skinheads and stuff like that...ah well...the music lives on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

House of Blues

The Biohazard show, btw, I had reason to not be fearless...I was about 14, weighed maybe 90 pounds, and people were literally kicking one another in the face with steel-toed boots on...Someone ripped out part of a sink or something and was hurling that around as well.....Lots of people came out of that place really really banged up....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

House of Blues

I agree...pissed me off that they had Night Owl service and never frigging advertised it! UGH! It's like if they did, they knew that tons of people would actually use it!!!!! I know I sure as sheet wouldn't mind saving anywhere between 15 and 65 bucks in cab fare home! I always make sure I have cab fare when I go out �anyway, but still...Yeah, I generally stay away from pits nowadays myself.� Getting a bloody nose at a Fantomas show 5 or 6 years ago was the last one for me lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

House of Blues

hahahaha I have the physical characteristics that I have and I'M sometimes surprised I leave the house. Multiple orgasms are magnifico haha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

House of Blues

I hate cabs too, but if I'm out drinking and no one is there to accompany me on the train, it's a way safer bet. If I didn't have to, I wouldn't take them. By the time I found out about Night Owl train service, it only had about a week left before being shut down. Not kidding...they didn't even have tiny flyers at the stations I was travelling from. A lot of people never even knew it existed until they announced in the papers that it was gone. The T's excuse when people got pissed about that was "you should have checked our website" or some such crap. As if people think to log on the mbta site for anything besides a bus or commuter rail�schedule. I'd let you lick the blood from my nose. ��

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

House of Blues

I wish I could work from home lol I would have been way more productive today if I had gotten just another hour or 2 of sleep lol But alas, I'll be headed back there soon enough...maybe take an extra long shower...who knows?�

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

House of Blues

of course he would!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

House of Blues

See! haha

You're the best, Dozey. I'd lick blood from your nose in a mosh pit too.

Sections
Shortcuts