How do you feel about Menino not seeking a sixth term?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

How do you feel about Menino not seeking a sixth term?

Mayor Thomas M. Menino will announce at a Faneuil Hall press conference Thursday afternoon that he will not seek a sixth term in office, according to officials familiar with his decision.

Are you sorry to see the longtime mayor go or do you think it's time for a fresh start? What are your memories of his time in office? Share your thoughts here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HrdWrkngCop. Show HrdWrkngCop's posts

Re: How do you feel about Menino not seeking a sixth term?

Good thing.  He was a petty and small-minded man who never forgot a grudge.  Good riddance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from josieb3. Show josieb3's posts

He is an amazing man!  I feel lucky to have lived in this city to see it prosper these past 20 years.  I wish him and his family all the best.  People need to open their eyes and see how GREAT this city has become, Mayor Tom Menino and his people have made that happen.  Good luck Mr. Mayor!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcrscel. Show bcrscel's posts

Re: How do you feel about Menino not seeking a sixth term

He was a great mayor. I think he is not well enough to continue.  I wish him good health, happiness and many years of great retirement from being mayor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cambridgegreen. Show cambridgegreen's posts

the real estate market may go down as the city spirals into mismanagement within a power struggle

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cdimeo. Show cdimeo's posts

After a bit of shock, I'm moved to gratitude for the extraordinary work that this Mayor has done over the past 20 years for the people of the great city of Boston.  The list of accomplishments seems endless and his unwavering passion for making Boston the best it can be will be sorely missed.  Frankly, it's hard to image Boston without Mayor Menino in City Hall.  I wish him all the best as he moves on to the next chapter and hope and pray that he will continue to serve the city and its people in new ways.  There's no doubt that he'll be a hard act to follow.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to HrdWrkngCop's comment:

Good thing.  He was a petty and small-minded man who never forgot a grudge.  Good riddance.

as many will say especially those on the fire dept.  Word has it if you were a city employee, you had to openly campaign for him.  He had a great pr firm and Tom knew how to attach his name to every positive move.

Sections
Shortcuts