How was your commute in the snow?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What were the road conditions like driving to work this morning? Where were there trouble spots?

How long did it take to get to work? What do you think about the success or failure of snowplows to clear the way?

What do you think about the way people drive in the snow? What advice would you give those people you see spinning out or making things harder for the drivers around them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heynow98. Show heynow98's posts

What do you think about the success or failure of snow plows

I think that clearly some of the snow plowers failed to complete high school.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

What do you think about the way people drive in the snow?

It still amazes me that people who grew up in this area and have actually driven in snow before somehow forget HOW to drive in snow. Suddenly everyone has Alzheimers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcsteve20. Show mcsteve20's posts

Roads are fine out there. I commute from Brookline to Dedham.

You don't have to worry about the roads, just the foolish drivers who can only go 15 mph because they didn't actually clear the snow off of their cars.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from madriver. Show madriver's posts

I was out early - just after 6am - and the plowing was well under way, but driving was still tough because the snow was so heavy. And even at that early hour there were a number of people driving pretty fast, so I'm not surprised to hear about all the accidents and cars off the road. It's too bad, though, that the idiotic drivers endanger those who are being careful - but that's why I'm driving an old car until winter is over.

Advice - if you have to drive, SLOW DOWN, and don't multitask!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from throckbot. Show throckbot's posts

Chelmsford to Waltham took ~40 minutes on back roads (126 through Concord). Roads were in mediocre condition, there were lots of plows out, and traffic was very light. This was 7:45 - 8:25, your mileage may vary.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

LOL Exactly...the 20 mins. I had to walk was a little sucky, but my bus and train were both on time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

I took me two hours to go from Chestnut Hill to Beverly via 128. Other than having to go very slowly due to plows , the travel wasn't too bad until I got to about Rte 3 and 128 when it started to get very slippery.

North of 93 it was extremely slick, and most poeple were driving only about 20 MPH in whiteout conditions.

Now that I'm here, I'm saying - why am I here?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bugmen0t. Show bugmen0t's posts

Roads were clear and empty, both highways and side roads. Only took me 5 more minutes than usual to get in. Makes you wonder what people were afraid of, the roads were plowed since 4 AM.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmyirish1996. Show jimmyirish1996's posts

I drove from Roslindale at to Back Bay without much issue at all. The roads aren't down to bare pavement, but you can't expect them to be either as the snow is falling rather quickly. If you take it slow, though, it shouldn't be much of a problem getting around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

ONly about 10% of us are in the office - the CEO sent out a note to everyone to use their disgression about deciding whether to come in or not - the note came in about 7:30 - after I had been on the road for 1 1/2 hours already..

My decision to come in, once again, proves how little disgression I have.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Indeed.

and chili today. Really ass-kicking chili.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from milocat2. Show milocat2's posts

Stop hating on SUV drivers! I have one..love it..and I know how to drive it! I've been driving one since I was 16 - which was a long time ago and way before they were trendy. Believe me, when I was driving one 20 years ago, noone thought it was cool. The fac is alot of people don't know how to drive in the snow or are just uncomfortable driving in the snow. It's probably the same people who can't drive in the rain. And...a lot of them drive sedans. We all know weather causes problems on the roads. We all know some people are just bad drivers and it doesn't have anything to do with what they are driving.

My drive in was fine....from my driveway to the parking garage..from where I took the train!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

I have a 1:00 pm call with a big customer and some sales personnel .. then I'm gone.

I'll be figuring out how to clean my driveway off by using magic .. it's about 80 feet long, and 30 feet wide.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from milocat2. Show milocat2's posts

huh? how do a volvo and Maine relate to anything?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

I was hoping to get some illegals after they're done cleaning neighbors homes. Another good option is to spread gasoline over the top of the driveway and start a controlled burn.

I've been the only one in favor of this option - family and neighbors always against it - but not willing to help.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

Hmm . you're just like the rest of people - afraid of a little fire and maybe a little brimstone.

I've got plenty of nail polish remover, as there are two ladies at home (one lives in NYC).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

thnks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

I've heard that about metal.

I called home about an hour ago, and got a complete surprise - my wife was in the driveway using the electric snowblower!!! That's the good, and unexpected news.

The bad news is, sob, that she just called to report that she ran over the electric cable with the snowblower by mistake, and now the snowblower blades have a thick cord wrapped around them and won't work.

I couldn't get mad at her for two reasons : #1 it would't do any good and #2 - more importantly - I did the same thing myself a year ago.

If the VFW Parkway is somewhat clear on the way home, I'll have to stop in and get a new cord .. and some strong wirecutters!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hosjev. Show hosjev's posts

For those who may have missed this small factor....

The roads are not bad this morning because many people heeded the advise of the mayor -do not venture out. That only, and I quote, "essential employees should report to work". And unless you're saving someone's life today, that ain't you. I'm betting a good number of people took the advice and stayed home, reducing the amount of traffic out there. And there are even spin outs with the few cars on the road!
    And in fact, I know a good number of people who are doing all they can to work from home. Go technology!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

I wish I could - but, having made the same mistake, I know that its easy. Plus, I had no expectation that she would be out doing the work as she has a bit of osteo arthritis, and hates the cold.

We'll see how it plays out - perhaps a flamethrower will be on sale at Home Depot, or a local Army Surplus.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

We are simpatico after almost 30 years together - plus, I wnt to three different grocery stores between Saturday and Sunday and did all of the shopping while she was having a Meniere's attack (vertigo, naseau, ear ringing, etc.). Very unpleasant.

To top it all off - we have RCN, and all of our phone, TV and Internet access is down - their messages say it is a statewide issue.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beautmind64. Show beautmind64's posts

Yes they are in la-la land complete with their heads you-know-where!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3536941. Show user_3536941's posts

The universe isn't infinite.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lccprez. Show lccprez's posts

Thirty is a long time .. but it doesn't seem so long when you're having fun.