Huh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Huh?

Well I am stumped.
    I thought I made a post this morning about a very inane subject, namely the hating of big umbrellas in Boston and their selfish users. Yet the whole thread has gone and I can no longer find it. Since posts are listed by time of latest-post and it runs all the way down to days ago it should be there. 
    It could not possibly have offended a soul given the nature of the topic, so where could it have gone?
    Have I just lost the link? It was in News>Local as far as I remember. Or perhaps the Alzheimer's has finally taken hold of me (very possible). 
    Surely no-one could have flagged it! A discussion about umbrella-usage, when compared to say BeantownBopawitz, or WriterXT or some other hate-mongerer, whose posts stick mysteriously around like doggypoop you accidentally step in. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

Re: Huh?

plasko - i cannot stand the big umbrellas either -- you have no idea how many times i have been hit with them - open and closed

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heisinberg. Show Heisinberg's posts

If they can't be courteous when used, then they shouldn't be used ! Some people are just ignorant of others no matter what situation that they are in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AppDev. Show AppDev's posts

Globe monitors at work

Reader "plasko" writes: "I thought I made a post this morning...." The source of frustration is probably the monitors whom the Globe employs to keep some peace in its comment and "forum" pages. In recent months they seem to have turned "hyper" over complaints sent via "Report Abuse" when some pages attract strange comments from aggressive people. Apparently the Globe's monitors have now turned to removing entire discussions at the first sign of grief rather than try to sort out what might or might not be objectionable.

By contrast, the Washington Post offers comment sections with only news articles that its writers produce and a few "forum" pages attached to editorial columns; it provides no routine monitoring. The NY Times offers comment pages with only a few articles, about one or two a day, and a few "forum" pages, also attached to editorial columns; it provides monitors who inspect each comment before posting, with typical 1-6 hour delays. The result in the Post is an unreadable volume of cantankerous comments, often several hundred within a day on one topic. Comments in the NY Times are sometimes more interesting than news articles, but their pace is slow.

There is complex activity in major news media today, about which there is almost no knowledgable reporting. Reader "plasko" stumbled across one of the many oddities.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

so they'll let bonfraud's repetitive posts bashing catholics live yet they have a problem with umbrellas? heh the glob.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

In Response to Huh?:
    [QUOTE]Well I am stumped. I thought I made a post this morning about a very inane subject, namely the hating of big umbrellas in Boston and their selfish users. Yet the whole thread has gone and I can no longer find it. Since posts are listed by time of latest-post and it runs all the way down to days ago it should be there.  It could not possibly have offended a soul given the nature of the topic, so where could it have gone? Have I just lost the link? It was in News />Local as far as I remember. Or perhaps the Alzheimer's has finally taken hold of me (very possible).  Surely no-one could have flagged it! A discussion about umbrella-usage, when compared to say BeantownBopawitz, or WriterXT or some other hate-mongerer, whose posts stick mysteriously around like doggypoop you accidentally step in. 
    Posted by plasko[/QUOTE]

My comment was that normal size umbrellas more than often get chewed up in stiff breeze and wind gusts.  

I've had my umbrella for a few months now; which seems larger than the normal umbrella and it's withstood a lot of heavy wind.

That's more than the 5 different other umbrellas I've had before, normal size and the smaller pocket size umbrellas with the nylon cover.

I haven't had a problem though with people walking by me on a sidewalk or someone else who has an equal or larger umbrella.

Usually when two people are walking toward each other holding umbrellas or when one has an umbrella and the other doesn't; what I usually do is what people should do -  raise my umbrella up above their head as I walk by.

I don't know why anyone thinks you have to bob and weave your way around people with umbrellas.

Courtesy must be a thing of the past.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts