Hurricane Irene

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Hurricane Irene

It's going to be the blizzard of 78 all over again....but without the hundreds of cars being abandoned on 128.

After watching the reaction to yesterdays devastating earth quake in Boston, I'd expect a state of emergency to already exist and the local hardware stores to already be out of duct tape and plywood.

Have you begun to panic???

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Re: Hurricane Irene

MA isn't that far behind NH in average household income and quality of life.  Be patient, things may improve for you.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Moving Tampons favorite color appears to be brown.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Back to the storm.......should be interesting.  With enough beer we can survive anything.  Good luck everybody.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Near western mass reports(Thats Albany or Ohio, for the bostonians). We will see the center of the storm. I'm sure that boston will give its heart out to Ohio, maybe Albany, for the damage that the storm does in WESTERN MASS. But realistically I hope your basement gets water. I will deal with the water at 865 ft above sea level. My house at least will survive sea level rise. I know where my septic drains, but you don't. LOL

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heisinberg. Show Heisinberg's posts

I'm still alive and my house didn't get any water in the basement. Not to say that it couldn't have been bad , but they really oversold this one. I have lost power in the past for far lesser ordeals , but not this time. THANK YOU LORD !!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: Hurricane Irene:
    [QUOTE]Moving Tampons favorite color appears to be brown.
    Posted by KittyDuke[/QUOTE]

Way to stay classy..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: Hurricane Irene:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hurricane Irene : Yeah. It seems to go in cycles, this business with over and under predicting. First the underestimate for a while. But then a storm blows up and all hell breaks loose. People then get all outraged because we haven't built supercomputers capable of tracking the precise location and spin state of every quark in the solar system, and are therefore unable to model weather predictions perfectly. So for the next year or half year, every next storm is hyped up to be the storm of the century. Until people get all outraged at the weather people for reacting in a perfectly rational way to the past misplaced outrage.... It all ends up being very silly. I'm just going to avoid earthquake zones, never move back to a Tornado zone, and keep reasonable care of my property. Oh, and avoid doing anything drastically stupid. Not much else one can do.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

True...there's not a whole lot you can do ..tother than be smart and prepared. By the way..the meteorolists' ability to predict these storms is going to start getting harder after NOAA's funding cuts.

16. This post has been removed.