It has finally happened in Massachusetts. Freedom has been murdered.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

It has finally happened in Massachusetts. Freedom has been murdered.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/senate/186/st02/st02028.htm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

Re: It has finally happened in Massachusetts. Freedom has been murdered.

As long as the Pats/Red Sox/Celtics/Bruins win, nobody seems to care...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

You do know that any overly onerous laws can and will be reviewed by our incredibly liberal judiciary?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

In Response to It has finally happened in Massachusetts. Freedom has been murdered.:

Read the law. You may not be familiar with the specific legal meaning of the words so work on that. Change your first thought to a water bourne disease and you would find that your freedom to drink water from your tap was compromised many years ago when public health authorities were allowed to shut off your water if it might poison you. If you don't believe that germs exist then you should have died years ago. That belief died in the 1920's after the last of the civil war surgeons died.
     If you(infected person) sneeze in my face should I charge you with civil assault or felony attempted murder? The legal framework of the law would allow things to be settled (mostly)without actual law enforcement and felony charges. Remember that your right to free speech ends when I punch you(hypothetical person) in the mouth. At that point your speech cost you something, possibly teeth. Thus we craft law that enables means to separate parties who could damage each other in ways that cause legally ambiguous situations. What freedom do you assert has been restricted? Your freedom if infected to infect me? I (uninfected) assert my right to defend myself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from josie386. Show josie386's posts

Time to read "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World" by Harry Browne.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

(1) to require the owner or occupier of premises to permit entry into and investigation of the premises;
    (2) to close, direct, and compel the evacuation of, or to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated any building or facility, and to allow the reopening of the building or facility when the danger has ended;
    (3) to decontaminate or cause to be decontaminated, or to destroy any material;
    (4) to restrict or prohibit assemblages of persons;
    (5) to require a health care facility to provide services or the use of its facility, or to transfer the management and supervision of the health care facility to the department or to a local public health authority; 
    (6) to control ingress to and egress from any stricken or threatened public area, and the movement of persons and materials within the area;
    (7) to adopt and enforce measures to provide for the safe disposal of infectious waste and human remains, provided that religious, cultural, family, and individual beliefs of the deceased person shall be followed to the extent possible when disposing of human remains, whenever that may be done without endangering the public health; 
    (8) to procure, take immediate possession from any source, store, or distribute any anti-toxins, serums, vaccines, immunizing agents, antibiotics, and other pharmaceutical agents or medical supplies located within the commonwealth as may be necessary to respond to the emergency;
    (9) to require in-state health care providers to assist in the performance of vaccination, treatment, examination, or testing of any individual as a condition of licensure, authorization, or the ability to continue to function as a health care provider in the commonwealth;
    (10) to waive the commonwealth’s licensing requirements for health care professionals with a valid license from another state in the United States or whose professional training would otherwise qualify them for an appropriate professional license in the commonwealth;
    (11) to allow for the dispensing of controlled substances by appropriate personnel consistent with federal statutes as necessary for the prevention or treatment of illness;
    (12) to authorize the chief medical examiner to appoint and prescribe the duties of such emergency assistant medical examiners as may be required for the proper performance of the duties of the office;
    (13) to collect specimens and perform tests on any animal, living or deceased;
    (14) to exercise authority under sections 95 and 96 of chapter 111;
    (15) to care for any emerging mental health or crisis counseling needs that individuals may exhibit, with the consent of the individuals.

Any / all of the above measures can and will be implemented if there is suspicion of the highly contageous Republican Swine Flu during an election year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sand007. Show sand007's posts

Freedom started its downward path many years ago in America.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Non-Sequitur Of The Year Nominee

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seter16. Show seter16's posts

What about the freedom to be healthy?  Idiot.

Sections
Shortcuts