LOAN MODIFICATION PROGRAM WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEFAULT TO GET IT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem5. Show jem5's posts

LOAN MODIFICATION PROGRAM WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEFAULT TO GET IT

Hello people,  I am applying for a home loan modification so that I don't have to lose my house.  My husband is out of work and I only have one of the three jobs that I had.  My check is enough to cover the mortgage and my husband is looking for work. In the meantime, I applied for a "Making Home Affordable? Modification program.  I just received word that I have to be 60 days in default, get a divorce, have some die or one other thing that I can't remember.   How is it that I'm trying to be the good guy and I'm being punished because I've been busting butt to pay my mortgage.   Is there a policitician that can push it through? is there a politician that will lend me money til I get back on my feet?  what is one suppose to do....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carraway. Show carraway's posts

Re: LOAN MODIFICATION PROGRAM WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEFAULT TO GET IT

Amen. That is the way that program rolled. So what you should have done (last winter and spring) was purchase a new car then go on a nice trip all the while skipping your home payments. Bingo !!! You are eligible.

You try to do the right thing and seems to always comes back to bite you in the butt. 

A flawed program to say the least. And yes the banks are still borrowing at zero percent. Fine americans in a bit of hardship do you get zero or even 2 percent..... forget about it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

You don't have to do any of those things to qualify. As a MATTER OF FACT YOU CAN BE DISQUALIFIED IF YOU MISS A MORTGAGE PAYMENT. sorry cap lock was on. Go here for all the details:

http://www.freddiemac.com/singlefamily/service/mha_modification.html

The banks are under no obligation to tell you the truth. Be sure to document all the correspondence and applications. The biggest complaint I hear from people is after a period of not hearing anything the banks will say they never received it. Have patience once you start the process but call regularly. As some point you will receive a temporary mod while they review your stuff which should help you in the meantime.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carraway. Show carraway's posts

some good suggestions.

I was thinking that jem5 was talking about HUD's EHLP program.

Supposed to be a lottery but there are some in the housing circle who think HUD has dropped the ball running this program.

Was there a lottery? Several people turned away because they were not 90 days late are wondering were they even in a lottery. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Call "The Money Show"  on Sunday mornings,   very informative regarding real estate matters. http://www.969bostontalks.com/on-air/moneyshow2.aspx

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem5. Show jem5's posts

Thank you all for the info....Lucy I did that already....and I"m in a catch 22 ... that is the form I filled out and was "denied" for....amazing...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem5. Show jem5's posts

http://www.freddiemac.com/learn/pdfs/service/hampdidrec.pdf these are the guidelines.  Apparently, the Bayview Loan people can't read....I only have to be in one of the qualifying areas...(of which I am in three) and only need to be in ONE of the Immiment Default categories...(of which I am in two)  I have written a letter of appeal....keep you all posted.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem5. Show jem5's posts

so I finally got my modification but had to go into default and mention the attorney general then they added $20,000+ to my loan...amazing.... so all I paid in is basically down the drain...wish there was a way to recover that but no go.  So bad for working people.  Should have quit my job and gone on disability and welfare...would have made out better.   

Sections
Shortcuts