Man travels 1,400 miles to buy 150 pizzas in Stoughton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

Man travels 1,400 miles to buy 150 pizzas in Stoughton

David Schuler drove to Jackson, Miss. last weekend with 150 pies from the Town Spa in his home town of Stoughton, just outside Boston.

It’s a tradition he started years ago when he couldn’t find a good slice in Mississippi, where he says the pizza is "horrible."

The 150 frozen, vacuum-sealed pies he returned with was a record. They cost $1,200.

-That has got to be some tasty pizza.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kix. Show kix's posts

Re: Man travels 1,400 miles to buy 150 pizzas in Stoughton

My family is from Stoughton and now live all over the country.  But whenever anyone comes home, the first place they go is the Spa.  It's delicious!  Linguica crispy please!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainHero. Show CaptainHero's posts

Re: Man travels 1,400 miles to buy 150 pizzas in Stoughton

That's insane.  I'm not a Mass native, but one of my biggest complaints is that the pizza in Mass is God awful.  I grew up outside of Philly.  There you get good thin crust NY style pies.  Not this thick, gross greek / turkish variety.  I've never been to the Spa, but it may be worth at trip.  That said, I'm a skeptic as I've searched high and low in central mass for some decent and proper pie, but no luck.  I had to resort to traveling to CT to get good pizza.

Sections
Shortcuts