Neil Entwistle found guilty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesFNomar. Show JamesFNomar's posts

How could you not agree with the jury's verdict. Everything pointed to him.  Someone in prison should smack that stupid grin off of his face.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from daggo. Show daggo's posts

[Quote]so when does he becone a Hollywood  DeVille Patrick Prison Pen Pal?[/Quote]
    Yeah you moron make it political. Nevermind  the poor family 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pocketbooks101. Show pocketbooks101's posts

he's going to have all the extra sex he was carousing for where he's going!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7continents. Show 7continents's posts

The verdict was expected; the repulsive comments of Neil Entwistle's mother were not. All the sympathy I had for his family vanished. Could she & her husband not have said, "We continue to believe in our son's innocence"? To call Rachel a murderer was breathtaking in its insensitivity. For Mr. Entwistle to say that Neil hadn't been given a fair trial was mind boggling. The judge had excluded many items of evidence that made NE look more monstrous than he was judged to be. Honestly, it may me think that being a sociopath is genetic. They are well and truly evil people.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcollie. Show bcollie's posts

I couldn't believe that his defense team was claiming that his wife committed suicide and accused her of killing their child.  His reactions following "finding" their dead bodies is not one distaught over losing his wife and child but someone that is guilty of those crimes.  His demeanor during the verdict reading was strange and inappropriate. He looked like he was smiling or was drugged.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnonymousGuest. Show AnonymousGuest's posts

What an inane question, "do we agree with the verdct?"   I have no opinion, because I did not sit through the testimony nor see the evidence.  What about you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beads77. Show beads77's posts

Not to seem harsh because people did die, but WHO CARES!today I am watching the news and channel 7, you know, the sensationalized Boston news, and they say, if you wanna know the verdict text verdict to certain number! PEOPLE!, ar eyour lives that boring and that mundane and that no-productive that you need to have a case verdicted texted to you? GIVE ME A BREAK! Get on with your lives, grow up, be productive memebers of society, would you! It's not that big of a deal unless you are relaed or connected to the families or the case in particular. Just like, why do i need to know a major story if such celebrity was spotted going here, had a 5 hour lunch, paid with $100 bils and left a $20 tip. WHO CARES! Does that somehow in someway affect or even effect your life? NOT A CHANCE!Ok, time to climb down from the soap box.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beads77. Show beads77's posts

oh and one more thing - I didn't see inside the courtroom, I didn't hear the 'facts' of the case, i am not privy to any of that sort of information, SO HOW THE HECK COULD I AGREE WITH THE VERDICT!  that is what is wrong with the media being allowe dto cover any sort of ANY case!  they try and form YOUR opinion FOR YOU.  Do they know everything about it? NO, DO I know everything about it, CERTAINLY NOT.  DO I CARE?  As an outsider that any sort of verdict, either way, has NO bearing on my life, do I, should I, care; ABSOLUTELY NOT!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adagio52. Show adagio52's posts

Given the overwhelming evidence, the jury's guilty verdict is correct. And with first degree murder, the sentence is automatically life in prison. However, there's obviously something very wrong with this guy, so I think the defense could have made a case for second degree murder. And in hindsight it appears the defense really blew it by pulling this murder-suicide theory out of thin air, with zero evidence of it. But it makes perfect sense that the Entwistles believe the murder-suicide theory, because they believe and love their son. As for you media bashers, would you rather have secret tribunals and state controlled media? Unfortunately, the sensationalizing comes with the territory of a free press and public trial, guaranteed in the Bill of Rights.     

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from appraiserboy. Show appraiserboy's posts

It looks to me like the jerk thinks he has a "ace in the hole". I wouldn't be surprised if Blair taps Bush before he leaves office on (9/9/09) and Bush grants him clemency. The Nanny got off after pressure was applied on the other side of the ocean.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve-t. Show steve-t's posts

Yes....right decision !  His parents are ignorant and disgusting for their comments after the verdict....get them out of America....Entwistle will get all the sex he was looking for when he gets to his prison.  Justice served.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock9mm. Show shamrock9mm's posts

I think anybody could have told he was guilty by the disgusting smirk on his face. I think Neil and Hilary should have a standoff to see who can keep their retarded grins on their faces the longest. I wish they could put Neil in a cell with Mike Tyson, that would make my day... itll probly only be a matter of time til tyson goes back anyway. In prison they tend to beat on rapists and child molesters... I wonder how they feel about baby murderers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSRVT. Show TSRVT's posts

Hey genius,

In case you haven't noticed, Blair is not in power over there any longer.  How much influence do you think an ex-PM could exert over a non-federal criminal conviction over here anyway?  God, you Mass. people are almost completely uninformed on any topic you weigh in on. 

[Quote]

It looks to me like the jerk thinks he has a "ace in the hole". I wouldn't be surprised if Blair taps Bush before he leaves office on (9/9/09) and Bush grants him clemency. The Nanny got off after pressure was applied on the other side of the ocean.

[/Quote]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from berg28. Show berg28's posts

Obviously you do care or you wouldn't have spent the time to write not one, but two posts indicating that you don't care. Nice work.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from simba222. Show simba222's posts

[Quote]What an inane question, "do we agree with the verdct?"   I have no opinion, because I did not sit through the testimony nor see the evidence.  What about you?[/Quote]

Hey, I normally would agree with you, but in this case, all I really need to know is that the guy found his wife and baby shot to death, he didn't call police, he bought a one way ticket home to England and left the country. I honestly can't think of a single reason why anyone would do that unless he was trying to escape a murder rap. When you add all the other evidence, this seems to be one that's easy to agree with.

And his family ought to be ashamed of himself. Their behavior and statements actually clarified for me how this man became the person who could do this. I felt like they were spitting on that poor woman's grave. Her family showed great restraint.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drumahh. Show Drumahh's posts

From the beginning, the question that I’ve had had was, “How could a father shoot his baby daughter?” This trial never answered that question and we’ll probably never know. I wanted to hear an explanation that made sense as to why Neil was innocent and who really did this? But that never truly was satisfied. I did not hear and see all the evidence, so rightfully stated by others, I can’t pass an absolute judgment.  The evidence that was presented before and during the trial that I was aware of was compelling. I have faith that the jury made the correct decision.

I would have preferred to see Neil testify. I would have rather he be confronted with his own guilt and make an admission as to how he could have committed these murders in the courtroom, or explained what happened and why he acted the way he did if he was truly innocent. Two years of preparation for a defense team, and they don’t call any witnesses? Maybe they believed he was guilty all along, and maybe that was the best defense they could offer – get off on a technicality or make a suggestion that his wife killed herself and her baby without people testifying to support the idea. It’s an interesting idea, but it wasn’t presented properly in the courtroom. It came across as a “last ditch” effort. The defense team should have argued that theory in order for it to fly, including calling Neil to the witness stand.

I thought the portions of the closing statements I heard weren’t delivered very well. Maybe I was expecting an “Alan Shore” convincing, passionate, and well stated argument, but both sides appeared to be mundane and at times, rambling.

It’s truly a sad case. It’s sad that it happened in the first place, that someone couldn’t prevent this from happening, that families will be lifelong mourning their lost and convicted members, that we as onlookers may never understand why this happened. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiteCraneYankee. Show WhiteCraneYankee's posts

I care! There is a woman and child dead! Murdered!

[Quote]Not to seem harsh because people did die, but WHO CARES!today I am watching the news and channel 7, you know, the sensationalized Boston news, and they say, if you wanna know the verdict text verdict to certain number! PEOPLE!, ar eyour lives that boring and that mundane and that no-productive that you need to have a case verdicted texted to you? GIVE ME A BREAK! Get on with your lives, grow up, be productive memebers of society, would you! It's not that big of a deal unless you are relaed or connected to the families or the case in particular. Just like, why do i need to know a major story if such celebrity was spotted going here, had a 5 hour lunch, paid with $100 bils and left a $20 tip. WHO CARES! Does that somehow in someway affect or even effect your life? NOT A CHANCE!Ok, time to climb down from the soap box.[/Quote]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rzmom. Show rzmom's posts

that is what is wrong with the media being allowe dto cover any sort of ANY case!  they try and form YOUR opinion FOR YOU.  Do they know everything about it? NO, DO I know everything about it, CERTAINLY NOT.  DO I CARE?  As an outsider that any sort of verdict, either way, has NO bearing on my life, do I, should I, care; ABSOLUTELY NOT![/Quote]

First....you must have contradicted yourself at least 5 times between your 2 posts.  Second....lighten up.  If you really don't care then why take the time send not 1 but 2 posts.  3rd  the news and media channels are just doing their job and if you have such a hard time dealing with the content and the way it is delivered maybe you should just stop watching the news and reading the paper. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from artiefufkin. Show artiefufkin's posts

The Globe should be ashamed of itself for opening a forum on this question.   Every day, there are numerous news stories about issues that affect us all, and which could be enhanced by common peoples' personal insight.  Boston.com rarely provides a forum to discuss these.
    Then comes a sensationalistic issue like this, which the vast majority of us will (fortunately) never have personal experience with (and for which none of us witnessed the trial) comes along, and the Globe decides that it's really important for everyone to add their $.02.   
    Is this the National Enquirer?     

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skibum10. Show Skibum10's posts

Too bad the state of MA doesn't have the death penalty.  This would have been a perfect case to justify it's use. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecook. Show capecook's posts

[Quote]

From the beginning, the question that I’ve had had was, “How could a father shoot his baby daughter?” This trial never answered that question and we’ll probably never know. I wanted to hear an explanation that made sense as to why Neil was innocent and who really did this? But that never truly was satisfied. I did not hear and see all the evidence, so rightfully stated by others, I can’t pass an absolute judgment.  The evidence that was presented before and during the trial that I was aware of was compelling. I have faith that the jury made the correct decision.

I would have preferred to see Neil testify. I would have rather he be confronted with his own guilt and make an admission as to how he could have committed these murders in the courtroom, or explained what happened and why he acted the way he did if he was truly innocent. Two years of preparation for a defense team, and they don’t call any witnesses? Maybe they believed he was guilty all along, and maybe that was the best defense they could offer – get off on a technicality or make a suggestion that his wife killed herself and her baby without people testifying to support the idea. It’s an interesting idea, but it wasn’t presented properly in the courtroom. It came across as a “last ditch” effort. The defense team should have argued that theory in order for it to fly, including calling Neil to the witness stand.

I thought the portions of the closing statements I heard weren’t delivered very well. Maybe I was expecting an “Alan Shore” convincing, passionate, and well stated argument, but both sides appeared to be mundane and at times, rambling.

It’s truly a sad case. It’s sad that it happened in the first place, that someone couldn’t prevent this from happening, that families will be lifelong mourning their lost and convicted members, that we as onlookers may never understand why this happened. 

[/Quote]

I agree 100% with all your thoughts here...We should and we do care here...Most of us here believe he got treated more than fair...He showed what he was made of by not taking the stand...he had nothing he could tell right... just that he did it...His parents showed what he was made of as well by the comments they said...If only someone could have walked in on him and saved her and her sweet baby...It just makes me sick to see how her family were treated from what was said in the news and here...If you don't like your wife or kid then get a divorce and move on...you just don't kill them cause you made a mistake...grrrrI'm a man but shamed by stupid actions men can do...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprint. Show sprint's posts

Are you kidding me?? This guy needs to fry!. We need the death penalty in the State.  His family is as scummy as he is, how dare his mother make the comments she did. Her son did an unthinkable thing to her grand daughter and dauighter in law and now thye want to tarnish the deceased. Have they no shame!!  I think his parents and family should reimburse our State for the defense as well as his upkeep for the rest of his life, why should we pay for his acts. Now we wil need to spend misisons on his appeal - this is appaulign to me, fry that jerk and make his family pay for it all!  They say they haevb no money - yweah right, he rushed over to England aftyer murdering his wife and daughter - where dio he get the money, they should be prosecuted for harboring a fugitive. 
    Bravo to the jury - they DID get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kel96. Show kel96's posts

The jury absolutely got this right!  The prosecution called almost 40 witnesses and had 12 days of testimony, while the defense didn't call a single witness and came up with the pitiful reasoning that it was a murder-suicide?  Why, because they had NO defense and had to come up with something. 

Neil Entwistle's parents should be ashamed of themselves also.  I wonder who wrote their words down for them to read in front of the press?  Disgraceful.

May Rachel and Lillian Rose Rest In Peace.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnonymousGuest. Show AnonymousGuest's posts

[Quote] As for you media bashers, would you rather have secret tribunals and state controlled media? Unfortunately, the sensationalizing comes with the territory of a free press and public trial, guaranteed in the Bill of Rights.    [/Quote]

I don't think that's true. It's entirely possible to provide extensive, in-depth coverage of a trial without sensationalizing it.