Neil Entwistle found guilty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pfdjr1. Show Pfdjr1's posts

Why do people choose to participatee in blogs or forums just to bash them and try to insult the people participating in them anyway. If you're so disinterested in the subject why bother. Poor souls. Anyway, For all you suicide theorists, what did the wife do shoot herself in the head, return the gun to her father in laws, then go home to bed to die?? This guy is as guilty as guilty gets. His lawyers should be thrown in prison for actually ths savage bekieve he actually had any chance of winning this case

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MPKujawski. Show MPKujawski's posts

[Quote]I don't see anything insensitive about what Neil's parents said. I believe they got the verdict wrong. There was reasonable doubt. Rachel committing suicide is not so far fetch as some people think. It is tragic but that does happen.
    I think the defense attorneys should have brought there own witnesses though to reiterate the shoddy police work and expose the holes in the prosecutions case.
    The case is ripe for appeal. The selection of Jurors was not a fair and the defense was prohibited by the judge for asking legitimate question to the prospective jurors etc.[/Quote]

You mean she shot herself in the top of the head with a handgun that had an eleven inch barrel while holding her baby whe had just shot in the chest?  Sure....that makes sense

Are you related to the Entwhistles by any chance?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inf. Show Inf's posts

[Quote]Too bad the state of MA doesn't have the death penalty.  This would have been a perfect case to justify it's use.  [/Quote]

State sanctioned killing has never been shown to be a deterrent -- civilized countries have abandoned the death penalty -- except this one; keeping the death penalty as an option puts us in the grand company of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Somalia and others we often scorn as "third world" or "savage" or "uncivilized" -- hell, Angola, Columbia, Serbia, Rwanda have all banned the death penalty -- and despite its ineffectiveness as a deterrent, we keep it.  Where are the "pro-life" people now?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickalgrandma. Show nickalgrandma's posts

To Beads77 - be very careful getting off your high horse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deans56. Show deans56's posts

[Quote]You mean she shot herself in the top of the head with a handgun that had an eleven inch barrel while holding her baby whe had just shot in the chest?  Sure....that makes sense

Are you related to the Entwhistles by any chance?[/Quote]

Either that or related to the defense attorney!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kyasi. Show Kyasi's posts

As one reporter put it, he always looked as if he haddn't a care in the world when he was in that courtroom.  If I had been on the jury, that is what would have worried me most.  He struck me as being convinced that he had done nothing wrong, so all of this was a mere formality.  Logically, even an innocent person on trial for murder doesn't have the kind of calm, scerene demeanor that he's had.  There seemed to be no concern at any time for even his own wellfare when presented with the possibility of conviction.  And the mere fact that many in the courtroom were unsure if he was laughing or crying during the presentation of the bloody clothing is even more disturbing.

I think that even if he didn't pull the trigger, if she really did commit suicide, then he had some part in driving her to it.  There was too much going on there before her death.  I have a hard time believing that he's not guilty of something one way or another in this.  Because when your wife and child are dead - and you and she are the only suspects - then you definitely did something very wrong along the way to allow this to happen.

While some will say that is a moral issue, not a legal one, I'm still glad to see some form of justice happen here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inf. Show Inf's posts

[Quote]I don't see anything insensitive about what Neil's parents said. I believe they got the verdict wrong. There was reasonable doubt. Rachel committing suicide is not so far fetch as some people think. It is tragic but that does happen.
    I think the defense attorneys should have brought there own witnesses though to reiterate the shoddy police work and expose the holes in the prosecutions case.
    The case is ripe for appeal. The selection of Jurors was not a fair and the defense was prohibited by the judge for asking legitimate question to the prospective jurors etc.[/Quote]

She shot her child, shot herself in the head, and before dying pulled a white fluffy comforter up over herself and her baby for a last snuggle?  Yeah, that could happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deans56. Show deans56's posts

[Quote]Where was this jury for the O.J. simpson case? 
    Congrats on a great job, it is not an easy job and it is something that will stay with every juror for a very long time.  They deserve some peace and quiet, and some time with their families.
    I too believe that mental illness might run in Neils family, and shame on them for not getting the proper help.  He clearly murdered his wife and daughter and now has to pay the price.  Too bad we will be paying the bill for the rest of his life.  Eye for an Eye![/Quote]

And unfortuntately the taxpayers in the State of MA will have to pay his "room and board" for the rest of his life because of no death penalty in MA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccs2127. Show ccs2127's posts

[Quote]Not to seem harsh because people did die, but WHO CARES!today I am watching the news and channel 7, you know, the sensationalized Boston news, and they say, if you wanna know the verdict text verdict to certain number! PEOPLE!, ar eyour lives that boring and that mundane and that no-productive that you need to have a case verdicted texted to you? GIVE ME A BREAK! Get on with your lives, grow up, be productive memebers of society, would you! It's not that big of a deal unless you are relaed or connected to the families or the case in particular. Just like, why do i need to know a major story if such celebrity was spotted going here, had a 5 hour lunch, paid with $100 bils and left a $20 tip. WHO CARES! Does that somehow in someway affect or even effect your life? NOT A CHANCE!Ok, time to climb down from the soap box.[/Quote]
    Oviously you do!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingpin49. Show kingpin49's posts

Let's see - she shoots the baby and covers it completely with a blanket and then she shoots herself and then covers herself completely with a blanket? How is that possible? The guy is guilty as sin and will have problems in prison for killing an innocent baby. Death penalty is too good for him!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaybee58. Show jaybee58's posts

that's ok,
    child rapists and  baby killers are not tolerated at all
    where he's going......cya  NE

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MLD1. Show MLD1's posts

I think his Mother should go to jail to for slander and stupidity

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from velvis. Show velvis's posts

[Quote]This is what happens when you mix races. A white Englishman and a dark Italian get married and this is what you get, a white guy who thinks his wife is inferior and figures he can get away with murdering her. Pathetic.[/Quote]

Dumb theory.  She was not dark, she had white skin too. And she was not Italian.  She was Portuguese-American, her maiden name was Souza. Her mother remarried, which is why her parents have an Italian surname.  The father you see on TV is actually her step-father.

As for as mixing races, Prince Henry the Navigator, responsible for starting Portugal's Age of Discoveries, was born to a Portuguese father, King John 1, and British mother, Phillipa of Lancaster.

The UK and Portugal are the oldest allies in the world, still honoring a treaty signed in 1373.

Sad to see a young family in debt renting a huge house in Hopkinton and driving around in a BMW SUV.  That's what probably drove him over the edge, money problems.  Too bad he (or they?) couldn't swallow their pride and live with the in-laws, buy a used VW station wagon, and pay off debt before striking out on their own.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AguaCaliente. Show AguaCaliente's posts

[Quote]What an inane question, "do we agree with the verdct?"   I have no opinion, because I did not sit through the testimony nor see the evidence.  What about you?[/Quote]

I completely agree with this. I had no idea about what a difference it makes to actually be part of the trial until I was empaneled when called for jury duty. I believe, though, that the jury likely returned the appropriate verdict based on the facts they were presented.

It's hard to imagine that someone could commit such an atrocious act, but someone did, and the jury decided it was the defendant.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparesilver. Show sparesilver's posts

7continents: Agrees with you. Can't believe his parent will make sure a statement.

He's truely an evil person. Guilty and deserved life in prison. I hope he suffer in there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nando111. Show nando111's posts

Well - I guess we know where Neil's sociopathic pathological liar in denial genes comes from:  HIS MOTHER!!!!! 
    Lesson to all:   Before marrying - get psychological background checks as well!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from westindian. Show westindian's posts

[Quote]You mean she shot herself in the top of the head with a handgun that had an eleven inch barrel while holding her baby whe had just shot in the chest?  Sure....that makes sense

Are you related to the Entwhistles by any chance?[/Quote]

Sorry to dissapoint you, I am not related to the Entwistle's and I am not saying that it is impossible he did it. I am just not convinced that he did base on the evidence I saw during the trial. Lots of holes in the case. Also one of the other reasons why I may have a tendency to lean in his direction is because I strong believe inocence until I am convinced by the trier of fact that the person in question is actually guilty.

Too many times we as humans jump to conclusion without carefully weighing both sides of the story. It is an emotional case and I can see why people feel sadness and empathy for Rachel and her family. I feel that too myself but I believe in fairness

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MPKujawski. Show MPKujawski's posts

[Quote]Let's see - she shoots the baby and covers it completely with a blanket and then she shoots herself and then covers herself completely with a blanket? How is that possible? The guy is guilty as sin and will have problems in prison for killing an innocent baby. Death penalty is too good for him![/Quote]

The bullet wound was in her scalp line and the trajectory was straight down.  The .22 had a long barrell so try and imagine holding an object as heavy as a gun a foot over your head and firing it while you were holding a baby you had just shot into the top of your head.

Like any sensational crime and trial this one will forwever have its conspiracy theorists and fanatics without reason

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inf. Show Inf's posts

Those of you who think the death penalty is cheaper than life in prison really need to do some research.  First, all death penalty cases are automatically appealed (as are life w/o parole cases in MA), they can be re-appealed over and over, there are enormous court costs, legal costs and prison costs devoted to keeping prisoners alive long enough to be executed.  Google "cost of the death penalty" -- and then read the results, even a few of them -- it isn't a cheaper alternative to life in prison, not by a long shot.

Personally, I think the death penalty (aside from being barbaric) is too quick for some criminals -- let them sit in a cell knowing that is their home for the rest of thier lives -- let them go outside to the rec area and think about the fact that they will NEVER watch a sunrise or sunset or see the stars outside of those walls ever again -- let them contemplate the fact that they will grow old and infirm and mostly forgotten about -- that is punishment.  Execution -- too easy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from westindian. Show westindian's posts

[Quote]Either that or related to the defense attorney![/Quote]

Again you are wrong!  I just believe in fairness

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MPKujawski. Show MPKujawski's posts

[Quote]Sorry to dissapoint you, I am not related to the Entwistle's and I am not saying that it is impossible he did it. I am just not convinced that he did base on the evidence I saw during the trial. Lots of holes in the case. Also one of the other reasons why I may have a tendency to lean in his direction is because I strong believe inocence until I am convinced by the trier of fact that the person in question is actually guilty.

Too many times we as humans jump to conclusion without carefully weighing both sides of the story. It is an emotional case and I can see why people feel sadness and empathy for Rachel and her family. I feel that too myself but I believe in fairness[/Quote]

The defense had two years to prepare the case and refute the evidence that was presented.  Besides the forensic evidence of the crime scene, how do you explain his actions after the fact?  He fled the country!  He returned the murder weapon, he never contacted the authorities in regard to his murdered wife and child.

Where is the unfairness?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapiOrtiz. Show BigPapiOrtiz's posts

[Quote]oh and one more thing - I didn't see inside the courtroom, I didn't hear the 'facts' of the case, i am not privy to any of that sort of information, SO HOW THE HECK COULD I AGREE WITH THE VERDICT!  that is what is wrong with the media being allowe dto cover any sort of ANY case!  they try and form YOUR opinion FOR YOU.  Do they know everything about it? NO, DO I know everything about it, CERTAINLY NOT.  DO I CARE?  As an outsider that any sort of verdict, either way, has NO bearing on my life, do I, should I, care; ABSOLUTELY NOT![/Quote]

I totally agree.  I wasn't on the jury, so I don't have all the facts, therefore I can't come to a conclusion.  The jurors passed his unusual behavior and traveling as a "cultural difference".  The problem was with his defense in calling it a suicide.  The jurors said that it just logically wasn't a convincing story.  Take it or leave it.  I mean, with the majority of evidence being circumstantial or the fact that the police unlawfully entered the house, he could have been framed by someone else or he could have really done it and just been dumb enough to the leave the country.  Who the hell knows.  It happened in Shawshank Redemption!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from car402. Show car402's posts

Absolutely. This guy is a complete jerk, fool...idiot. Who knows what else he has done in his life that's shady....and of course his family is in denial....wouldn't you be?... to kill your wife, let alone your baby?... good riddance. To bad that justice won't bring them back. RIP.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MPKujawski. Show MPKujawski's posts

[Quote]I totally agree.  I wasn't on the jury, so I don't have all the facts, therefore I can't come to a conclusion.  The jurors passed his unusual behavior and traveling as a "cultural difference".  The problem was with his defense in calling it a suicide.  The jurors said that it just logically wasn't a convincing story.  Take it or leave it.  I mean, with the majority of evidence being circumstantial or the fact that the police unlawfully entered the house, he could have been framed by someone else or he could have really done it and just been dumb enough to the leave the country.  Who the hell knows.  It happened in Shawshank Redemption![/Quote]

Ummmmm....the Shawshank Redemption was a movie based on a fictiontional story.  This is reality

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CIAOBOSTON54. Show CIAOBOSTON54's posts

YES, I agree 100% with the verdict.  The jury did an outstanding job with this case, no doubt in my mind. 

I did NOT like the blank look on Neil Entwistle's face one iota.  He's absolutely got a few serious issues to deal with and now that he's off to prison for life, he'll hopefully get them taken care of.  This guy has BIG issues that needs to be addressed in prison by the Psychiatrist AND they NEED to hook him up with one quick, trust me!  His parents need to get the very next plane back to Great Britain as fast as they can; because they've both got some dreadfully serious issues that absolutely needs to be addressed in their own country quick!  Mrs. Entwistle has no class whatsoever and that family needs to bad mouth the USA in their OWN country where they can do it all they want, not here.  Our legal system is awesome here and people from other countries better wake up, because it's better than their own legal system and that's a fact Jack!  Okay, I'm done...it's off my chest!  Thank you for listening, have a good day.

Sections
Shortcuts