Neil Entwistle found guilty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southietlc. Show southietlc's posts

disgusting.  YOU obviously have no compassion for mankind.

I feel bad for you.  I hope something like this never happens to you or your family members.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatriotsFan2013. Show PatriotsFan2013's posts

This guy is nothing but pond scum.

Was it worth it Neil?

Did you actually think you would get away with it?

How sad, two beautiful people are dead because of you and your selfishness.

You are a monster, you got what you deserved!

Rest in peace Rachel and Lilly. Justice is served.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CIAOBOSTON54. Show CIAOBOSTON54's posts

I have one more thing to address here.  It was on the breaking news this morning that the reason why Neil Entwistle did NOT call 911 right away?  The jury evidently came to the conclusion from the whole trial case & hearing the lawyers out with it all, that it was due to a cultural difference, that they don't have it where you call 911 with an Emergency in England, evidently.  So that was ruled out of it completely with that issue of him not calling 911 right away with this case...     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from camdan. Show camdan's posts

An awful lot of typing from someone who claims not to care. Talk about needing to get on with your life ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rileysdad. Show Rileysdad's posts

Wow,  I'm still horrified at two things. 1) That the defense would have the testicular fortitude to try that shameful suicide theory and 2) that Neils "mother" would say what she said.  Unreal.  I hope the prosecution will drop some pearls countering the suicide theory.  GSR, blood spatter, whatever so it shuts those people up.  It's clear that he did it.  It was always clear.  I will wish him everything he deserves behind those walls as I drive by that prison.  There HAS to be an inmate in there just waiting for him to arrive.

BTW, to Gerry Leone & Co..... nice job!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel525. Show Angel525's posts

[Quote]I think anybody could have told he was guilty by the disgusting smirk on his face. I think Neil and Hilary should have a standoff to see who can keep their retarded grins on their faces the longest. I wish they could put Neil in a cell with Mike Tyson, that would make my day... itll probly only be a matter of time til tyson goes back anyway. In prison they tend to beat on rapists and child molesters... I wonder how they feel about baby murderers.[/Quote]

Based on what I have always heard, prisoners do not take kindly to people that hurt kids. Let's hope that when/if he is mixed in with the general prion population the guards look the other way while the other inmates have their way with him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonhopp. Show Bostonhopp's posts

Save taxpayer money and take him in the back room and put a bullet in his head..pretty simple.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from westindian. Show westindian's posts

[Quote]The defense had two years to prepare the case and refute the evidence that was presented.  Besides the forensic evidence of the crime scene, how do you explain his actions after the fact?  He fled the country!  He returned the murder weapon, he never contacted the authorities in regard to his murdered wife and child.

Where is the unfairness?[/Quote]

The unfairness stems from the Jury selection. The judge did not allow the defense attorney's to ask prospective jurors whether or not the believe that he was guilty.  In finding impartial jurors, don't you think that is a fair question to ask?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heliossunchild. Show heliossunchild's posts

Weather or not you were at the trial, or on the jury, I don't know how any human being can look at this mans face and think that he may be innocent. Eyes are the windows to the soul and this mans soul is so black, I swear the room gets darker every time I see a picture of him. And that f-ing smirk? The guy NEVER stopped smiling except when he was pretending to cry! What utterly baffles me is how in denial his parents are. For god's sake, take some responsibility for your son's actions! When I was a kid and I did something wrong, the first thing my parents would ask is, "what did you do, and why did you do it!" How dare they blame Rachel! No one shoots them self in the TOP of their head! I feel sorry that she has to get buried bearing his last name.

Btw, I salute Boston.com for allowing a forum on this! It's called FREEDOM of SPEECH!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50Otis. Show 50Otis's posts

Wasn't a juror so don't have all the facts, but from what I read ... GUILTY as charged.  Life without parole is too kind!

But at the same time, I must express my disgust at the Mass DA, Police and Crime Scene Analysts for assuming he did it and not testing her hands, angle of trajectory, etc. to eliminate the "Suicide" defence argued by his lawyers. 

In sligtly other circumstances, a sympathetic jury/juror could have
    used unrebutted suicide as a means of nullification ... as with OJ.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

He recieved about as fair a trial as you can expect for a foreign born british white man living beyond his above average means around the suburbs.

It's true he was in debt and his life was supposedly falling apart but the sad fact remains that there are far more people of less fortunate circumstances convicted on evidence that amounts next to nothing in terms of weight.

Most juries believe anything a prosecutor will tell them, unlike the rest of the nation where people are aquitted about as much of the time as they are convicted.

Take it for what it's worth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JC126. Show JC126's posts

Correct verdict, it would seem.
    However, I am sick of hearing about it  - the mandatory sentence for 1st degree murder is life without parole, so why the big to-do about it as if it's so shocking?  Last night the Fox News at 10 spent about half an hour total broadcast time on this ONE CASE.  Yes, it's horrific and sad, but why this case and not other cases?  Didn't some guy in Worcester get convicted of shaking his baby to death last week? 
    Oh, and Frankyboy, your comment is  just weird. Number one, race doesn't matter, number two, Italians ARE white.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crabster. Show crabster's posts

[Quote]This is what happens when you mix races. A white Englishman and a dark Italian get married and this is what you get, a white guy who thinks his wife is inferior and figures he can get away with murdering her. Pathetic.[/Quote]

What makes you think she's Italian?  Her maiden name was Sousa and that is not an Italian surname.  Besides, Italian and English are ethnicities not races.  Your analysis is "pathetic!"  This horribly tragic situation has nothing to do with race or ethnicity.  You are an ignorant bigot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from morninglory. Show morninglory's posts

For all you disbelievers:  You're out in the kitchen cooking, your four year old is playing down in the basement family room. You hear a crash - you run downstairs, the table lamp lies broken on the floor. Your four year old is standing there staring at it, his index finger in his mouth. "What happened?", you ask. ""A man ran in the basement door, broke the lamp and ran out laughing", the kid answers. Oh, ok.  Was that POSSIBLE?, you ask yourself.  Well, yes, possible, the basement door IS unlocked. But really, is that what happened? 

In Neil Entwistle's world it is. I bet he grew up never taking the blame for anything. I bet it was always someone else that did the bad thing. Sure, lots of things are POSSIBLE - but really now, let's be reasonable. That's why we have 12 people on a jury,  so that reason will prevail.
    He's guilty. You can piece it together any way you want, the child did it. If you go through life the other way, questioning every minute detail and examining every remote possibility that stretches the imagination to the limits of comprehension, you will have wasted a lifetime on tom foolery. Accept it. He did it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MPKujawski. Show MPKujawski's posts

[Quote]The unfairness stems from the Jury selection. The judge did not allow the defense attorney's to ask prospective jurors whether or not the believe that he was guilty.  In finding impartial jurors, don't you think that is a fair question to ask?[/Quote]

Where's the evidence of that?  Every juror is seated without prejudice, to admit to a formed opinion before a trial is the surest way to get off of a jury. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MPKujawski. Show MPKujawski's posts

[Quote]The unfairness stems from the Jury selection. The judge did not allow the defense attorney's to ask prospective jurors whether or not the believe that he was guilty.  In finding impartial jurors, don't you think that is a fair question to ask?[/Quote]

Where's the evidence of that?  Every juror is seated without prejudice, to admit to a formed opinion before a trial is the surest way to get off of a jury. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JC126. Show JC126's posts

[Quote]Want to commit premeditated murder and live the rest of your life with a roof over your head, three meals a day, a library at your disposal, and buddies with whom you can boast about your act? Do it in Massachusetts. Entwhistle isn´t stupid. He knows the state can´t execute him so "What...me worry?"

Here in Texas the sadistic murderer would be sweating it out right now. Murder someone here...and be prepared to forfeit your own life. Hard to believe the two states both are members of the same country.[/Quote]

Right, life in prison is such a dream! I'm surprised more people don't commit murder, especially in this era of foreclosures everywhere! It's a great solution to high housing costs. @@

Psst...child killers aren't exactly well treated in prison.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaWoof. Show DaWoof's posts

By definition of law, the jury verdict  is definitive and is only subject to being overturned by higher courts on procedural grounds.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MPKujawski. Show MPKujawski's posts

[Quote]I have one more thing to address here.  It was on the breaking news this morning that the reason why Neil Entwistle did NOT call 911 right away?  The jury evidently came to the conclusion from the whole trial case & hearing the lawyers out with it all, that it was due to a cultural difference, that they don't have it where you call 911 with an Emergency in England, evidently.  So that was ruled out of it completely with that issue of him not calling 911 right away with this case...     [/Quote]

How about dialing the main number for the Hopkinton Police?  Even a Brit would know that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tallen103178. Show tallen103178's posts

[Quote]I don't see anything insensitive about what Neil's parents said. I believe they got the verdict wrong. There was reasonable doubt. Rachel committing suicide is not so far fetch as some people think. It is tragic but that does happen.
    I think the defense attorneys should have brought there own witnesses though to reiterate the shoddy police work and expose the holes in the prosecutions case.
    The case is ripe for appeal. The selection of Jurors was not a fair and the defense was prohibited by the judge for asking legitimate question to the prospective jurors etc.[/Quote]

Well the jury did think about the suicide angle.  If you read the article you would have seen this:

"One juror, a woman who asked that her name not be used, describedhow the jury reached its verdict. She said they began by examining thedefense's theory that Rachel Entwistle shot her baby and then herself.The jury even went so far as to have one member who was about the sameheight as Rachel Entwistle act out such a murder-suicide.

She said the jury, after weighing ballistic and forensic evidence,concluded that a murder-suicide was not logistically possible. Jurorsthen considered if anyone else might have committed the crimes. Butthey were convinced, she said, that "there was no evidence anyone elsehad been in the house" around the time of the killings.

"We tried to look at every aspect and analyze all the evidence thatwas put before us, because we wanted it to be a fair trial," the jurorsaid. "Nobody came into this thinking automatically that he was guilty.Everybody was in different places at the beginning."

From that I get the jury was thorough in discussing every possible aspect other than him killing them and they still came to that conclusion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaegerkreig. Show jaegerkreig's posts

i feel sorrow for the victims and their family and utter revulsion at the CONVICTED killer and his TWISTED parents. i fervently wish that the murderer SUFFERS every day for the rest of his miserable, sordid & pathetic existence.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kate03801. Show Kate03801's posts

[Quote]oh and one more thing - I didn't see inside the courtroom, I didn't hear the 'facts' of the case, i am not privy to any of that sort of information, SO HOW THE HECK COULD I AGREE WITH THE VERDICT!  that is what is wrong with the media being allowe dto cover any sort of ANY case!  they try and form YOUR opinion FOR YOU.  Do they know everything about it? NO, DO I know everything about it, CERTAINLY NOT.  DO I CARE?  As an outsider that any sort of verdict, either way, has NO bearing on my life, do I, should I, care; ABSOLUTELY NOT![/Quote]

For the love of God, take a deep breath and get a hold of yourself.  Why are you ranting and raving - I am a high functioning adult woman with a wonderful family and life and I was and am very interested in this case and why are you lecturing and chastizing everyone?  Breathe......just breathe

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from malibuwavecrest. Show malibuwavecrest's posts

Folks, take some comfort from this thought:  baby rapers and killers are the lowest forms of scum in the prison heirarchy.  I know Entwistle is less than 30 years old, but he'll never die an old man in prison.  The other prisoners will kill him in the not-too-distant future.  Mark my words.  Someone else already serving a life sentence will kill him because he has nothing more to lose.  Remember the prisoner who killed the peodophile priest in a MA prison?

Also, is this killer related to Scott Peterson?  Two of a kind.  And didn't Peterson's parents throw up the same defense to the rest of the world - that their son is innocent.  True psychopaths, and the apple don't fall far from the tree.

God rest your sweet souls, Rachel and Little Lily

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from malibuwavecrest. Show malibuwavecrest's posts

Folks, take some comfort from this thought:  baby rapers and killers are the lowest forms of scum in the prison heirarchy.  I know Entwistle is less than 30 years old, but he'll never die an old man in prison.  The other prisoners will kill him in the not-too-distant future.  Mark my words.  Someone else already serving a life sentence will kill him because he has nothing more to lose.  Remember the prisoner who killed the peodophile priest in a MA prison?

Also, is this killer related to Scott Peterson?  Two of a kind.  And didn't Peterson's parents throw up the same defense to the rest of the world - that their son is innocent.  True psychopaths, and the apple don't fall far from the tree.

God rest your sweet souls, Rachel and Little Lily

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seanster42. Show Seanster42's posts

I'm glad he got Life.  Even better, unless his family moves to the US, Good ol' Neil is going to be forgotten and absorbed into the US Prison system and never heard from again. 

Mary Poppins ain't saving you!!

Tah Tah & Cheerio Neil!