Neil Entwistle found guilty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyPanic. Show JohnnyPanic's posts

[Quote]
    Yeah you moron make it political. Nevermind  the poor family 
    [/Quote]
    I know. Seriously, they need to take the political conspiricies and blaming the "li-buh-ruls" over to the knuckledraggers at the Herald forums where they belong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyPanic. Show JohnnyPanic's posts

[Quote]
    Yeah you moron make it political. Nevermind  the poor family 
    [/Quote]
    I know. Seriously, they need to take the political conspiricies and blaming the "li-buh-ruls" over to the knuckledraggers at the Herald forums where they belong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chris4. Show Chris4's posts

From what I read, it seems like they reached the correct verdict; however, since I did not attend the hearing, I have no way of really knowing.  We all know how the media twists everything.  I did think, from what they showed of his mother, that what she said was abominable.  How could she even utter those words about her daughter-in-law "murdering" their grandchild?  I can understand why Neil turned out the way he did.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trublusu. Show trublusu's posts

[Quote]Given the overwhelming evidence, the jury's guilty verdict is correct. And with first degree murder, the sentence is automatically life in prison. However, there's obviously something very wrong with this guy

Obviously there is something wrong with anybody who commits murder - second degree murder should even be an alternative. I guess he figured if OJ could get away with it that he could. He'll get bumped off in prison for sure if he doesn't kill himself first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Debbie. Show Debbie's posts

ABSOLUTELY!!  I hope he rots in jail and the immates do to him what he deserves for killing his wife and beautiful innocent baby. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbreeze. Show cbreeze's posts

the jury heard the evidence, not me.    i trust they were correct, nothing 100% sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MPKujawski. Show MPKujawski's posts

[Quote]The verdict was expected; the repulsive comments of Neil Entwistle's mother were not. All the sympathy I had for his family vanished. Could she & her husband not have said, "We continue to believe in our son's innocence"? To call Rachel a murderer was breathtaking in its insensitivity. For Mr. Entwistle to say that Neil hadn't been given a fair trial was mind boggling. The judge had excluded many items of evidence that made NE look more monstrous than he was judged to be. Honestly, it may me think that being a sociopath is genetic. They are well and truly evil people.[/Quote]

You bring up an excellent point, I think many of us were repulsed and shocked by her comments and it is intriguing to think that although we didn't get any firsthand glimpse into Entwhistle we did get a pretty good idea of the potential origin of his sociopathetic behavior.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MPKujawski. Show MPKujawski's posts

[Quote]The verdict was expected; the repulsive comments of Neil Entwistle's mother were not. All the sympathy I had for his family vanished. Could she & her husband not have said, "We continue to believe in our son's innocence"? To call Rachel a murderer was breathtaking in its insensitivity. For Mr. Entwistle to say that Neil hadn't been given a fair trial was mind boggling. The judge had excluded many items of evidence that made NE look more monstrous than he was judged to be. Honestly, it may me think that being a sociopath is genetic. They are well and truly evil people.[/Quote]

You bring up an excellent point, I think many of us were repulsed and shocked by her comments and it is intriguing to think that although we didn't get any firsthand glimpse into Entwhistle we did get a pretty good idea of the potential origin of his sociopathetic behavior.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from westindian. Show westindian's posts

I don't see anything insensitive about what Neil's parents said. I believe they got the verdict wrong. There was reasonable doubt. Rachel committing suicide is not so far fetch as some people think. It is tragic but that does happen.
    I think the defense attorneys should have brought there own witnesses though to reiterate the shoddy police work and expose the holes in the prosecutions case.
    The case is ripe for appeal. The selection of Jurors was not a fair and the defense was prohibited by the judge for asking legitimate question to the prospective jurors etc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from frazzle. Show frazzle's posts

[Quote]Not to seem harsh because people did die, but WHO CARES!today I am watching the news and channel 7, you know, the sensationalized Boston news, and they say, if you wanna know the verdict text verdict to certain number! PEOPLE!, ar eyour lives that boring and that mundane and that no-productive that you need to have a case verdicted texted to you? GIVE ME A BREAK! Get on with your lives, grow up, be productive memebers of society, would you! It's not that big of a deal unless you are relaed or connected to the families or the case in particular. Just like, why do i need to know a major story if such celebrity was spotted going here, had a 5 hour lunch, paid with $100 bils and left a $20 tip. WHO CARES! Does that somehow in someway affect or even effect your life? NOT A CHANCE!Ok, time to climb down from the soap box.[/Quote]

We live in a society. and when a brutal murder occurs against a fellow human being and a baby - we deserve to hear about, to see how our justice system works, to see justice dealt, to see all sides heard and weighed...it helps us become a better society and hones our justice system by setting a precedent of good or bad justice proceedings. We deserve to know about these things and provide our opinions. It often helps the victims families to have public support.

I'm not saying the media coverage is perfect and not sensationalized, but really, save your diatribe for oh, articles about a pink Sox cap.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from westindian. Show westindian's posts

[Quote]

Justice was served. He will be getting all the sex he was hoping for in jail. The one thing I do want is his family to go back across the pond and also burn in hell for their comments about Rachael. How dare his mother say Rachel commited this horrific crime.

Because she did!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonwalt. Show Bostonwalt's posts

As much as I think he is guilty there are a few of pieces of evidence against Neil that the defense didn't explore further. 1st piece, the other 25 finger prints on the gun that couldn't be traced back to anyone. 2nd piece was the gunshot residue on Rachels hand. 3rd no signs of a struggle to fight back, if there is no struggle how does the GSR get on her hand??. Not sure why the defense didn't argue these points, as a juror I would have had a tough time if the defense made more of these facts.

Time to move on.       

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmcfenn. Show cmcfenn's posts

[Quote]oh and one more thing - I didn't see inside the courtroom, I didn't hear the 'facts' of the case, i am not privy to any of that sort of information, SO HOW THE HECK COULD I AGREE WITH THE VERDICT!  that is what is wrong with the media being allowe dto cover any sort of ANY case!  they try and form YOUR opinion FOR YOU.  Do they know everything about it? NO, DO I know everything about it, CERTAINLY NOT.  DO I CARE?  As an outsider that any sort of verdict, either way, has NO bearing on my life, do I, should I, care; ABSOLUTELY NOT![/Quote]

You are an idiot - we pay attention and care because it is our society, our culture, and some of us have compassion for our neighbors.  Grow up you self consumed baboon.  Try reading a newspaper or magazine once in a while that is not fraught with inane comics and gossip.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadegs2. Show sadegs2's posts

[Quote]How could you not agree with the jury's verdict. Everything pointed to him.  Someone in prison should smack that stupid grin off of his face.[/Quote]

you shouldn't induce violence in prison. what is wrong with you? you are sick and should be prosecuted for your incitful words of violence.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2972895. Show user_2972895's posts

It seems to me that Neil Entwhistle had a very fair trial and it was pathetic to think they tried to blame his wife for murdering her beautiful baby and then killing herself!  How did she wind up in the bed with her arms around the dying child?  Oh - Neil, in his anguish, did that for her?  The jury did the honorable thing.  Too bad we don't have Capital punishment in this state. Now we have to  house, feed and clothe the man for the rest of his life and he is is less than 30 years of age!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bugmen0t. Show bugmen0t's posts

Yesterday, an innocent man was wrongly convicted of a crime he quite possibly didn't commit. Reasonable doubt is still the order of the day in criminal cases. Could his wife have killed her baby and herself? She most certainly could have. Why did the prosecution glaze over the fact that her prints were on the gun? (Don't answer, rhetorical.) Fortunately, the appeals system works in this country, we'll see Neil again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonvixen. Show bostonvixen's posts

I think a guilty verdict was inevitable. Given that the prosecution had 12 days of testimony and the defense had none, and then only a pitiful and inflammatory defense theory. Evidence and court documents are public record, anyone who wants to read the transcripts is free to do so.
    I was horrified by that psycho's mother. No wonder he turned into a killer, if she would tarnish the memory of a murdered mother. If she "knew" Rachel was "depressed" than why didn't she speak up in the 18 months following Lillian's birth? Why didn't Neil? - Oh, wait, because he's a cold blooded killer.
    I'm sure his family doesn't want to believe something so awful about their son, but ignoring the facts doesn't change them - and blaming the victim just makes you look more pathetic.
    Have fun in prison, Neil - just remember there is honor amongst thieves. I'd sleep with one eye open if I were you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from airjer. Show airjer's posts

I too have a fear that the defense has something up their sleeve. The lack of a defense and their confidence that the State Supreme Court will overturn the verdict.
    For those who think suicide is a possibility that should have been pursued, why would the police have pursued that angle. There would have had to have been some evidence to point the police in that direction. The victims were shot to death yet there was no gun. In fact, the gun was found several miles away in the in-laws house. Secondly, there was no evidence that she was suicidal, no suicide note, no suspicious behavior, nothing that the police could have followed up on. And lastly, if Entwistle were telling the truth then he held the key to police looking at suicide as a possibility however he never, ever provided that important piece of information to police. So the police were not shoddy in their detective work. There was no evidence suggesting to them that it was a possibility that needed to be explored.
    Could Entwistle be innocent? Perhaps, but all the evidence suggests otherwise. Removing the gun, returning it to the in-laws house, packing up, buying a one-way ticket to England and fleeing the country without ever contacting police undermines his credibility. That behavior makes his story rather unbelievable and there was not one shred of evidence that was presented to support this claim.
    The defense did not provide any reasonable doubt. They were hoping by raising that possibility during closing arguements might sway the jury. However that suggestion was hollow because it was not supported by any facts. The jury was not given a reason to believe that a possibility thus no reasonable doubt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nannijr. Show nannijr's posts

[Quote]I thought Bush could only pardon federal prisoners, and Entwissel would have to be pardoned by the Governor of Massachussets? I might have misunderstood the US system. It doesn't seem very likely that anyone would pardon him to me.

Why would Blair, Bush or the Governor care about a man convicted of murdering his wife and baby? The British government would only care if he had been sentenced to death, which he hasn't been--since he was extradited from Britain. Maybe Entwissel flew straight to England simply cos he knew the British authorities wouldn't send him back to a death sentence?[/Quote]

That is because there are people out there who would blame Bush for everything in the world.  And last time I check he leaves office on 01/20/2009- I have seen enough of those stupid shirts and bumper stickers around to know that. Also Blair has not been the PM of Enlgand for over a year

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonvixen. Show bostonvixen's posts

[Quote]Yesterday, an innocent man was wrongly convicted of a crime he quite possibly didn't commit. Reasonable doubt is still the order of the day in criminal cases. Could his wife have killed her baby and herself? She most certainly could have. Why did the prosecution glaze over the fact that her prints were on the gun? (Don't answer, rhetorical.) Fortunately, the appeals system works in this country, we'll see Neil again.[/Quote]

Pay attention - his finger prints were on the handle of the gun - you know, where the pulling of the trigger happens?
    Her DNA - read brain matter - was on muzzle end. Makes sense to the rest of us.
    Also, Einstein - how do her arms get from her side - where arms fall after a suicide - to holding her baby? Magic? Also, Lillian's chest wound penetrated to Rachel's body - if you've just shot yourself in the chest - how do you have the strength to shoot yourself in the top of the head, when a majority of self-inflicted head wounds are to the temple or under the chin?
    PS - I'm an EMT and have seen a number of suicides - none like this.
    Only 5% of muder convictions are overturned on appeal, happily in this case.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from deans56. Show deans56's posts

Too bad MA does not have the death penalty. Entwistle could certainly be the poster child to revive it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from suzy12. Show suzy12's posts

[Quote]oh and one more thing - I didn't see inside the courtroom, I didn't hear the 'facts' of the case, i am not privy to any of that sort of information, SO HOW THE HECK COULD I AGREE WITH THE VERDICT!  that is what is wrong with the media being allowe dto cover any sort of ANY case!  they try and form YOUR opinion FOR YOU.  Do they know everything about it? NO, DO I know everything about it, CERTAINLY NOT.  DO I CARE?  As an outsider that any sort of verdict, either way, has NO bearing on my life, do I, should I, care; ABSOLUTELY NOT![/Quote]
    relax

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from suzy12. Show suzy12's posts

suzy needs to relax

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GGallagher. Show GGallagher's posts

YOU CAN NOW REST IN PEACE RAFCHAEL AND LILLIAN.  MY SYMPATHIES TO HER MOM AND STEPDAD AND THE REST OF HER FAMILY AS WELL AS THE ENTWISTLES FOR THEY WILL FOREVER BE IN DENIAL AND DISILLUSIONMENT  IF THEY DON'T COME TO TERMS WITH WHAT THERE SON DID.