Neil Entwistle found guilty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bills64. Show bills64's posts

I'm elated that Entwhistle is guilty of 2 counts of first-degree murder.  I only wish the murders had been in the form of fratricide and matricide.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dorchesterdd. Show dorchesterdd's posts

Neil is practicing opening wide right now.  He's going to get so much practice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No_screen_name_required. Show No_screen_name_required's posts

[Quote]

Obviously I didn't carefully examine all the evidence either, but it seems very suspicious that on apparently finding his wife and child dead, he would run off to England without calling the police. I'm glad our judges and Home Secretary (I'm English) extradited him back again.

His defence doesn't make sense to me. If he hadn't shot them, and his wife didn't leave a suicide note, why would he assume it was murder-suicide? Wouldn't he assume his wife and child had been shot by burglars and call the police? Wouldn't he been in denial about their death and phoned an ambulance out of hope?

[/Quote]

In addition.... he found them under the covers in the bedroon, how did she kill her baby, then herself and pull the covers over her head.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basildave. Show basildave's posts

JulieO,

Thank you for your common sense and heartfelt post.  It seemed ridiculous to me that the Entwistle family would agree with blaming the victims in this case and then turn it into yet another reason to bash the United States.  Although I can understand their empathy with their son I can't understand the total lack of reason.

Shame on the defense team for utilizing such a hurtful and unbelievable theory.

Dave

[Quote]Thanks to the jury for reaching the correct verdict.  As a Brit living in Boston, I am embarrassed by the disgusting behaviour of the Entwistle family today.   How utterly appalling and tasteless of them to remind us all of their son's pathetic defense.  Neil received a fair trial and justice has been served.   He probably received a fairer trial here that he would have received in England - for his family to say otherwise is pure insanity.  My only hope is that Rachel's family can continue to live with such grace, and continue to honor the memory of Rachel and Lillian, may they finally rest in peace.[/Quote]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrScrappy77. Show MrScrappy77's posts

[Quote]The Globe should be ashamed of itself for opening a forum on this question.   Every day, there are numerous news stories about issues that affect us all, and which could be enhanced by common peoples' personal insight.  Boston.com rarely provides a forum to discuss these.
    Then comes a sensationalistic issue like this, which the vast majority of us will (fortunately) never have personal experience with (and for which none of us witnessed the trial) comes along, and the Globe decides that it's really important for everyone to add their $.02.   
    Is this the National Enquirer?     
    [/Quote]

Uhmm... Boston.com has many forums. You can even create your own topic. Learn how to navigate a webite before you make statements. They just can't put every forum on the front page of the website, otherwise the website would have thousands of forums and no news stories, etc....

WAKE UP!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrScrappy77. Show MrScrappy77's posts

[Quote]The Globe should be ashamed of itself for opening a forum on this question.   Every day, there are numerous news stories about issues that affect us all, and which could be enhanced by common peoples' personal insight.  Boston.com rarely provides a forum to discuss these.
    Then comes a sensationalistic issue like this, which the vast majority of us will (fortunately) never have personal experience with (and for which none of us witnessed the trial) comes along, and the Globe decides that it's really important for everyone to add their $.02.   
    Is this the National Enquirer?     
    [/Quote]

Uhmm... Boston.com has many forums. You can even create your own topic. Learn how to navigate a webite before you make statements. They just can't put every forum on the front page of the website, otherwise the website would have thousands of forums and no news stories, etc....

WAKE UP!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kate03801. Show Kate03801's posts

[Quote]

I am English and live within a few miles of Neil Entwhistles parents.  Please let me say that the comments made by Mrs Entwhistle make me ashamed to have the same nationality.  His whole mannner and bearing since the discovery of his poor wife and baby daughter have smacked of guilt and I am pleased that your legal system have sought to bring in the only verdict possible after such damning evidence.
    My heart goes out to the family of his wife and I hope that the guilty verdict will in a small way help them to pick up the pieces of their broken lives and enable them to carry on.  I also commend them on their dignity throughout what must have been for them a terrible ordeal.

[/Quote]
    Bless you and thank you............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No_screen_name_required. Show No_screen_name_required's posts

[Quote]Why do people choose to participatee in blogs or forums just to bash them and try to insult the people participating in them anyway. If you're so disinterested in the subject why bother. Poor souls. Anyway, For all you suicide theorists, what did the wife do shoot herself in the head, return the gun to her father in laws, then go home to bed to die?? This guy is as guilty as guilty gets. His lawyers should be thrown in prison for actually ths savage bekieve he actually had any chance of winning this case[/Quote]

You forgot about the shooting herself in the head and then pulling the covers over her and the baby.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NSPO. Show NSPO's posts

Mrs. Entwhistle says "the evidence" proves that Rachel murdered the Enwhistle's granddaughter.  "The evidence" shows nothing of the sort.  Only the lawyer's pathetic and weak theory came up with that idea.  Rachel Entwhistle's estate should sue Mrs. Entwhistle for slander.  And Mama Entwhistle and the brother refused to stand when the jury came into the room; the judge should have cited both of them for contempt of court. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from who-cares-1940. Show who-cares-1940's posts

[Quote]Too bad MA does not have the death penalty. Entwistle could certainly be the poster child to revive it![/Quote]

Wrong! If Mass had the death penalty and insisted on imposing it, Entwistle would still be in the UK. There is no death penalty in the EU and they don't extradite people who might be executed.

Know what you're talking about before you make stupid comments.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from happyIdid. Show happyIdid's posts

Based upon the ridiculous "theory" the defense presented, the verdict was right on.  Nothing about his actions is consistent with an innocent man.  Thankfully, he was sentenced to the pnushment he deserves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrScrappy77. Show MrScrappy77's posts

[Quote]State sanctioned killing has never been shown to be a deterrent -- civilized countries have abandoned the death penalty -- except this one; keeping the death penalty as an option puts us in the grand company of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Somalia and others we often scorn as "third world" or "savage" or "uncivilized" -- hell, Angola, Columbia, Serbia, Rwanda have all banned the death penalty -- and despite its ineffectiveness as a deterrent, we keep it.  Where are the "pro-life" people now?[/Quote]

Murderers should be killed. They should not be allowed to live a life with food, and shelter. Is it not a deterrent? Prove that. Please prove to us that the Death Penalty doesn't deter murder. Show us some stats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from who-cares-1940. Show who-cares-1940's posts

[Quote]Wow, don't miss the point or anything. 

The point is that if ever there was a person who deserved the death penalty, it's Entwistle. 

You're so anxious to call people names that you didn't process what you were reading.[/Quote]

Oh, I got the point, but you can't be a poster child for the death penalty if you could have never received it, even if Mass reimposed it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[Quote]Want to commit premeditated murder and live the rest of your life with a roof over your head, three meals a day, a library at your disposal, and buddies with whom you can boast about your act? Do it in Massachusetts. Entwhistle isn´t stupid. He knows the state can´t execute him so "What...me worry?"

Here in Texas the sadistic murderer would be sweating it out right now. Murder someone here...and be prepared to forfeit your own life. Hard to believe the two states both are members of the same country.[/Quote]

By the time those same murders are executed, the state will have spent more on appeals and housing them than a prisoner in for life.  And the death penalty doesn't actually deter anyone else from committing a crime. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontyP. Show MontyP's posts

[Quote]oh and one more thing - I didn't see inside the courtroom, I didn't hear the 'facts' of the case, i am not privy to any of that sort of information, SO HOW THE HECK COULD I AGREE WITH THE VERDICT!  that is what is wrong with the media being allowe dto cover any sort of ANY case!  they try and form YOUR opinion FOR YOU.  Do they know everything about it? NO, DO I know everything about it, CERTAINLY NOT.  DO I CARE?  As an outsider that any sort of verdict, either way, has NO bearing on my life, do I, should I, care; ABSOLUTELY NOT![/Quote]

You could have seen inside the courtroom, as it was televised live and heard the facts of the case and formed your own opinion, as I'm sure many, such as myself did!  Some people are actually interested when the justice system correctly removes a sociopath from society. It this absoluely has a bearing on your life. Do you live in this society? I suspect you try to blend, but have problems regulating your medication. Do try.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[Quote]Murderers should be killed. They should not be allowed to live a life with food, and shelter. Is it not a deterrent? Prove that. Please prove to us that the Death Penalty doesn't deter murder. Show us some stats.[/Quote]

Stats?  To prove that people are still murdering others in states with the death penalty?  Do you really need them?  Yeah, you probably do.  Check this link:
    http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=12&did=168#stateswithvwithout

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftOut. Show LeftOut's posts

The defense making a claim of Murder Suicide without introducing evidence was a desperate tactic.  Yes, prosecution has the burden of proof, but come on.  To make a trial-changing statement with nothing to back it up was a huge long shot.

Jury could only think "If that's all you have..."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from avgcitizen. Show avgcitizen's posts

Neil will never be at a loss for sex again!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inf. Show Inf's posts

[Quote]Murderers should be killed. They should not be allowed to live a life with food, and shelter. Is it not a deterrent? Prove that. Please prove to us that the Death Penalty doesn't deter murder. Show us some stats.[/Quote]

States without the death penalty have lower murder rates -- surely if there were no fear of execution, wouldn't the murder rates be HIGHER, not lower.  http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=168

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/editorials/stories/DN-deterrence_1202edi.ART.State.Edition1.36bbe2f.html

http://www.uvm.edu/~vlrs/doc/deathpenalty.htm

There are tons of studies out there -- Google "death penalty, deterrent" -- Florida and Texas have the death penalty and have used it more than any other states -- and their murder rates are consistently higher than states without the death penalty.  Violent people don't generally consider whether or not their will get caught -- they just react.  Most murders -- like this one -- aren't particularly well thought out.

Had Entwhistle called the cops, or not fled to England, or had the sense to replace his hard drive, or shown up at the funeral and played the role of distraught husband and father he might have been able to blame it all on a home invasion -- instead -- he created a situation where all red flags were waving in his direction. 

Look it up yourself -- or keep your head in the sand.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BEAN. Show BEAN's posts

[Quote]Want to commit premeditated murder and live the rest of your life with a roof over your head, three meals a day, a library at your disposal, and buddies with whom you can boast about your act? Do it in Massachusetts. Entwhistle isn´t stupid. He knows the state can´t execute him so "What...me worry?"

Here in Texas the sadistic murderer would be sweating it out right now. Murder someone here...and be prepared to forfeit your own life. Hard to believe the two states both are members of the same country.[/Quote]

I wish Massachusetts did have the dealth penalty!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PJ1. Show PJ1's posts

Despite the details of this trial and the sad loss of lives-  the comments from other posters on this board who think sexual assault in prison is justified  - clearly indicate that sick minds lurk here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from who-cares-1940. Show who-cares-1940's posts

Between 1976 and 2006, 901 people were executed in the South where the murder rate in 2006 was 6.8 per 100,000.

In the same period the Northeast executed 4 people and the murder rate was 4.5.

There may be reasons, such as justice for the victims, to impose the death penalty, but deterence is not one of them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from who-cares-1940. Show who-cares-1940's posts

Then why is the murder rate in Texas twice as high as it is in Massachusetts? If you think murderers seek out states without the death penalty to commit their crimes, the facts don't support that. Of course, facts that don't support someone's opinion can always be ignored.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherhayes. Show heatherhayes's posts

Amen!  Put him in jail, and lets just hope that the horrific acts that he did will then be done to him!  I hope the inmates take "special" care of him... and you know how they treat people that hurt/kill children.  He's in for it now!  I couldn't be more satisfied with this jury.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donnaconnors. Show donnaconnors's posts

hi parents probably thought that scott petterson was innocent too and didnt get a fair trial for the murder of lacy and their unborn son

send the apple tree back across the pond and let the crab apple rot in prison

Sections
Shortcuts