New seats on the MBTA Blue Line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from llibgib. Show llibgib's posts

I have not  been  on the  Blue Line  so  I really can't  comment.  However,  I wonder  if  this  would  present  a  problem  re: the  perverts  &  gropers  who  might  use  this  as  an excuse  when  the  train  stops.  God  knows  we  have  enough  problems  as  it  is  these  days  with  these
    unsavory  characters!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from infoferret. Show infoferret's posts

Apparently noone remembers the hard slick bench seating on the red line pullman cars.

Not that I didn't like them - they actually had upper hand holds that normal height people could reach, and the lack of "seats" worked better than the current system of measuring japanese school child rear ends (without coats) to get the seat width.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AverageGuy. Show AverageGuy's posts

Let me get this straight:  A fat woman says she is uncomfortable... and that's a front page story?!?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunkosquad. Show bunkosquad's posts

If I ever get a seat, I'll let you know.  Can't remember the last time I rode a Blue Line train that wasn't as packed as the last chopper out of Saigon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from infoferret. Show infoferret's posts

[Quote]Let me get this straight:  A fat woman says she is uncomfortable... and that's a front page story?!?![/Quote]

Fat women scoring slightly below nematodes and prokaryotic life forms in importance and significance.  Not like you get human rights for being, you know, human?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattysan. Show mattysan's posts

Blorgh blorgh! I write for a website and can't use standard English in the blurb on the front page! I'm a dummy! Derp! How the hell do you people even get a job working on a major metro-area website?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nkace. Show nkace's posts

I have been riding the blue line for 7 years. I detest the new cars. they stop very abruptly & make it difficult to not bump or slide into  the person next to you. Someone is going to end up w/ whiplash. They make noise (dings & announcements) every minute which is really annoying too. I am glad to be moving off th eblue line since I can't stand the new cars. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from alberto6. Show alberto6's posts

[Quote]Let me get this straight:  A fat woman says she is uncomfortable... and that's a front page story?!?![/Quote]

OMG, dude...I was thinking exactly the same thing.  "I don't want to have to worry about my posture, I just want to sit."  Heaven forbid she engage some muscles and work her body a bit.  Hey, here's a suggestion, stand up and get off your fat rear end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from frazzle. Show frazzle's posts

[Quote]Fat women scoring slightly below nematodes and prokaryotic life forms in importance and significance.  Not like you get human rights for being, you know, human?[/Quote]

That woman looks like a fairly average T rider to me. She's not a supermodel, and she's not 20, but anyway I just don't get your comment??????

I have to admit that I mentally am thinking "please not next to me" when a fat person is looking for a seat. (I wouldn't have thought twice about the woman in the story.) I hate being squished. Why accommodate people for being unhealthy?

Why should we make bigger seats so there are fewer of them for the rest of us? Why should I have to be squeezed so bad I have to hunch my shoulders  and I'm still squished because of the two huge people(male and female) on either side of me? 

Maybe they can't help it, true. But what's this about no rights?? Are we supposed to accommodate fat people over every body else?

As for slippery seats, so what? It's a train. A slippery seat that's not maybe entirely ergonomic for 30 mintues is not the end of the world.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from frazzle. Show frazzle's posts

[Quote]OMG, dude...I was thinking exactly the same thing.  "I don't want to have to worry about my posture, I just want to sit."  Heaven forbid she engage some muscles and work her body a bit.  Hey, here's a suggestion, stand up and get off your fat rear end.[/Quote]

She looks perfectly normal, maybe has had a couple kids, not 20 anymore. For crying out loud. If ony supermodels are allowed then they won't let you on either.

That said, I also think, so what? It's a train.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chata22. Show chata22's posts

[Quote]OMG, dude...I was thinking exactly the same thing.  "I don't want to have to worry about my posture, I just want to sit."  Heaven forbid she engage some muscles and work her body a bit.  Hey, here's a suggestion, stand up and get off your fat rear end.[/Quote]

We say OMG to you... with comments like that we can only hope that if a fat woman does take your advice and stands up, when the train comes to an ubrupt stop, we all hope she falls on you...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chata22. Show chata22's posts

We say OMG to you... with comments like that we can only hope that if a fat woman does take your advice and stands up, when the train comes to an ubrupt stop, we all hope she falls on you...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chata22. Show chata22's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chata22. Show chata22's posts

alberto6, we say OMG to you. We can only hope that if a "fat" person does take your advice and get off their fat a$$.  We do so hope that when the train comes to an ubrupt stop, that they fall right on you...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from alberto6. Show alberto6's posts

[Quote]alberto6, we say OMG to you. We can only hope that if a "fat" person does take your advice and get off their fat a$$.  We do so hope that when the train comes to an ubrupt stop, that they fall right on you...[/Quote]

You might want to try hooked on phonics.  My  5 year old neice writes better than that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from laguiar. Show laguiar's posts

[Quote]Several times a year, the AC does not work on the MBTA.  This happens on hot days.  Imagine a metal container left in the sun.  It will become hotter and hotter.

Now, imagine that on a train packed with about 120 people, on a hot day, with no AC - - imagine that 9 times out of 10 that I am the only one to tell the train conductor that it is too hot and the AC is not working.  Why am I always the only one to complain?  What is wrong with the rest of the MBTA passengers?  Why don't they (that means you) complain?

One day, it was so hot that I felt like I was going to pass out.  Nobody said anything.  Then, the lady next to me collapsed.  Still, nobody told the conductor.

Please, speak up.  Complain.  You ride the T every day to work, right?  Do you know where to complain?  Do you know how to deliver a complaint effectively without being hostile towards T employees?  Do T employees know how to receive a complaint?

Send your complaints to RedLine@mbta.com, etc.[/Quote]

There was a carman (I think that's what they are called-the one who opens the doors) for most of the last summer I took the T, which is now going on 2 yrs ago who would announce, multiple times during the trip to/from Braintree, that he had no way of knowing if the AC wasn't working properly in the cars unless one of the passengers told him & so if it's too hot, please let him know.  He would even come into the car behind his compartment to check for himself & ask if everyone was cool enough (which is where I generally rode anyway).  In all the years of riding the T (which ended a little over a year ago now-YIPPEE!!), that was the ONLY employee who ever showed one bit of concern for the passenger's welfare.  I never found out his name but I did 'Write to the Top' at the RedLine to commend him; hopefully the powers that be took notice of him as he seemed to be a stand-out amongst a usually pretty poor group of individuals. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from who-cares-1940. Show who-cares-1940's posts

The reason the T hasn't received a lot of complaints about the seats is probably because they know it won't do any good to complain. I hate the seats, but I haven't complained because I know it's useless to do so.

What *really* makes me wonder is whether they actually try out things before they buy them. One brief ride in the new cars while going around a curve or coming to stop, and they would have known there was a problem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mermaidshoes. Show mermaidshoes's posts

[Quote]You might want to try hooked on phonics.  My  5 year old neice writes better than that.[/Quote]

what's a neice, writing pro?

i haven't been on the blue line yet, but i slip-slide around on the buses all the time. this sounds similar. it can be annoying but isn't the end of the world.

Sections
Shortcuts