One Poster Using Two Names Is Ruining This Discussion Board

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobcatsr. Show bobcatsr's posts

One Poster Using Two Names Is Ruining This Discussion Board

At first, the persons who posts under Bopanopowitz and  Topaz978 keep the anti-Catholic rhetoric to the "world" discussion board but now this person is completely taking over this discussion board also and frankly, it's not right.  While I respect the posters right to give his or her opinion there's no need to completely dominate a public forum bulletin board.  After reading all of the posts by this person (and they are the same person) I honestly believe that this is someone badly in need of some mental intervention.  The obsession with the Catholic church is tiresome and needs to just go away.  I plan on contacting the moderator of this board and asking him or her if they can ban this poster from the board.  It would be best for all of us who like to exchange in spirited discussions on timely subjects not engage in anti Catholic rhetoric over and over and over.  What do you say posters?  Support me on this one?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobcatsr. Show bobcatsr's posts

Re: One Poster Using Two Names Is Ruining This Discussion Board

It's early.  Sorry for the typos

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In Response to One Poster Using Two Names Is Ruining This Discussion Board:
    [QUOTE]At first, the persons who posts under Bopanopowitz and  Topaz978 keep the anti-Catholic rhetoric to the "world" discussion board but now this person is completely taking over this discussion board also and frankly, it's not right.  While I respect the posters right to give his or her opinion there's no need to completely dominate a public forum bulletin board.  After reading all of the posts by this person (and they are the same person) I honestly believe that this is someone badly in need of some mental intervention.  The obsession with the Catholic church is tiresome and needs to just go away.  I plan on contacting the moderator of this board and asking him or her if they can ban this poster from the board.  It would be best for all of us who like to exchange in spirited discussions on timely subjects not engage in anti Catholic rhetoric over and over and over.  What do you say posters?  Support me on this one?
    Posted by bobcatsr[/QUOTE

bobcatsr,

I certainly do. I detest multiple accounts whether here or on the article threads. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobcatsr. Show bobcatsr's posts

How can we ever have a serious discussion on here if one person keeps filling the board with post after post of the same hatred?  Thanks for your support on this Andiejen! 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

In Response to Re: One Poster Using Two Names Is Ruining This Discussion Board:
    [QUOTE]In Response to One Poster Using Two Names Is Ruining This Discussion Board : First:  There is only one "me." Second:  The postings are not anti-Catholic in any way.  They all focus on corrupt and morally-compromised leadership. Third: Unless someone you love has been raped or molested by a bishop-protected priest, you cannot understand the global importance of stopping the ongoing practice.  If you haven't experienced it, think about it. This needs to remain on the front burner.
    Posted by Bopanopawitz[/QUOTE]

I certainly resent the implication that I am bopope. Hey if you feel the need for better content here post away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

[QUOTE]I seriously doubt that topaz is bop.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I also have my doubts, but that aint one, it is certain.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]I can't deal with another forum in which it is over taken by members with multiple personalities. I have been using Twitter and Facebook more often these days. I have also stepped away from the political forums, they all have become downright nasty. Good luck to you all. Happy 2012!
    Posted by msobstinate99[/QUOTE]

msobstinate:

I understand your reasons from stepping away. You will be missed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

[QUOTE]Who?
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

OP thinks I am also Bopope. Geuss he does not read my posts with appdev. Nor reads my counterposts to Bopope calling him a one note no good bore for ignoring all aspects of child abuse. Plus accusing recklessly with no proof of the statements he makes. ETC....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Bobcat, you think others haven't got down on our knees and begged the moderators to ban Beantownbopawitz. We have. Several times. 
    Falls on deaf ears, sadly. I think maybe the moderators have been laid off in the recession. Or they don't understand what "board-bombing" is. 
    This is a war. 
    If each of us posts a random topic, about anything at all (eg "how tasty is peanut butter", "where does belly button fluff come from?", etc) every time he posts we will effectively wipe away his posts.
    But its a team effort. It will take us all to stand up to this bully.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Good point Plasko. I have my days but I could post more original topics of current note.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

I dont know but I do know Bobo needs to get a life, leave the his moms basement, do something.  We get it you hate catholics ok moveon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I don't think they are the same. After having experienced the clowns from the Fox25 site..I am pretty good at spotting those who blog under multiple screen names..even the ones who thought they were fooling me ( although one really did have me fooled..lesson learned there!)
    I think there are two issues here. The first being people who post under multiple screen names and the second, people who essentially "spam the board". I think the "board spamming" is something that affects more people and should be addressed. Unfortunately..there is little that can be done about people who pretend to be someone else.
    I am sure it would be easy enough for BDC to limit the number of posts someone can make in a given time. The other forum I've been blogging in is extremely well moderated...so well moderated that new posters are given a trial period where they cannot put up original posts. This is great in preventing the clowns from taking over the board. Also the TOS are very strictly enforced. Sounds rigid..but it actually makes for some great coversations about politics and current events with people who don't act like children and require attention ( postive or negative)

Barring BDC taking no action, the easy solution would be to do as others have suggested...everyone start posting original threads. I like this idea..since it would make the "local" forum an interesting place. After all..there is no shortage of local news.  Also..we are all adults. We should be able to solve this problem on our own.
    I will try to do my part and put up some local threads. Best wishes all....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucysandini. Show lucysandini's posts

stopping in and I see Bofraud is still spamming the boards. Lucy out...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]I can't deal with another forum in which it is over taken by members with multiple personalities. I have been using Twitter and Facebook more often these days. I have also stepped away from the political forums, they all have become downright nasty. Good luck to you all. Happy 2012!
    I hope you don't leave. Wherever you go in life..you will have to deal with different kinds of people..some who require lots of attention..some who like to "stir the pot" and some who are just plain ignorant. However..in return for that..you might also make a few "friends" along the way..and discover people who feel the same as you.
    I get what you are saying about the political forum. I don't really spend anytime there. Between the people who do nothing but generalize and name call..and take everything to a personal level..to those who announce "my ignore list is growing by the day"...well..it's starting to resemble a kindergarden class. At one time I played those games with using the ignore feature..or allowing myself to get sucked in on a personal level..but everything in life is a learning experience and I am at a point where if I need to ask BDC to help me "ignore" someone...then I may as well give up the whole online thing for good. Besides..I am getting my "politics fix" on both twitter and the national site I referred to in my other post.
    Anyhow..Msobstinate..I enjoy reading your posts and the news forum is lacking in female posters..so I hope you reconsider.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you miscricket. I am grateful for the handful of friends I have made along the way, I have had to shake a few loose that liked to "stir the pot" and didn't know when to put the ladle down. I had no problem walking away when it got too hot to handle in the kitchen. Sadly there are always going to be few clowns trying to stir things up. For now I just write when I feel in the mood to, or have something interesting to pass along. I like Twitter, as I can make a quick comment or remark then move along. It is fun "tweeting" certain news personalities that will take the time to "tweet" back.

Have you read the history of this country? Thomas paine, Poor Richard(Benjamin Franklin), and the post bills of the 18th-19th century? I see this area as the walls of the community. The Ideas are spread widely. Most fall due to silliness, but some take hold. In the world of ideas and notions few stand the test of proof or time. But some do, and have. Stick around look at the post bills and laugh, cry, or get angry. It is not about making You upset, but it is about making others think about issues in a way they are not used to. Thanks for your time. peace.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

This topic has been addressed ad nauseum in earlier threads. I glance at the board now but haven't been engaged in...um...forever because it's pointless and has been for years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]This topic has been addressed ad nauseum in earlier threads. I glance at the board now but haven't been engaged in...um...forever because it's pointless and has been for years.
    Posted by hellgirl[/QUOTE]

hellgirl:

I am very new to the the board and cannot agree with you that it is pointless. It is difficult no doubt. As one of just three women on the board, we could really use more female representation. 

Your quote from Teddy R. was excellent. It is also applicable here. Maybe you could consider getting off the the sidelines and participating once again. Your input would surely be very welcomed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One Poster Using Two Names Is Ruining This Discussion Board : Have you read the history of this country? Thomas paine, Poor Richard(Benjamin Franklin), and the post bills of the 18th-19th century? I see this area as the walls of the community. The Ideas are spread widely. Most fall due to silliness, but some take hold. In the world of ideas and notions few stand the test of proof or time. But some do, and have. Stick around look at the post bills and laugh, cry, or get angry. It is not about making You upset, but it is about making others think about issues in a way they are not used to. Thanks for your time. peace.
    Posted by topaz978[/QUOTE]

topaz978:

I agree with msobstinate. You have made some wonderful points in your post. I particularly like your last point. "It is not about making you upset, but it is about making others think about issues in a way they are not used to."

Peace to you as well, topaz978.