Only in MA can a parent be prosecuted for....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Only in MA can a parent be prosecuted for protecting their child from a sex offender.

A Raynham father was at a Market Basket and took his 4 year old boy to the bathroom.  While his son was doing his business, the father witnessed a 71 year old male employee of the store deliberateley reach up and touch the boy from the adjoining stall.

The father burst into the sexual predator's stall and punched him square in the face. 

The state of Massachusetts, in it's infinfite wisdom is prosecuting.....you guessed it...the father who came to the rescue of his 4 year old son.

I think the father deomstrated amazing restraint for not killing the man with his bare hands or beating him more than he did.

Is anyone else annoyed with this father being hauled into court on charges??? 

http://www.tauntongazette.com/news/x390628325/Police-Child-groped-inside-Raynham-grocery-store

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

There was a similar case in Peabody: a drunk insulted a man's wife using racial epithets and the husband hauled off and slugged him.  The case was dismissed by the sensible prosecutor under the defense of "provocation".  I expect something similar will happen here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In a related story, the 71 year old pedophile was offered and accepted a post in Deval Patricks tourism office!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[Quote]So someone physically assaulting a minor, for pedophilia sex, is the same as a drunk calling someone names.

With that LOGIC, I believe I should be allowed, under the defense of "provocation", a few free shots at Reubenhop-3.
     [/Quote]

Are you just plain stupid?  It is a legal issue: you can provoke a reasonable physical response by your own actions (physical or verbal).  Or were you the drunk who got popped in the mouth? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

Yes.  I am annoyed.  No surpirse though, this state is run by trial lawyers.  Don't even get me going about the Castle Doctrine. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[Quote]That's what I said.
    With that LOGIC, I believe I should be allowed, under the defense of "provocation", a few free shots at Reubenhop-3.[/Quote]

Bring it on.  And then I will be provoked to soundly thrash your racist *ss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bynxers. Show Bynxers's posts

Protecting yourself and your family should not be a crime. Prosecution of this man is a mockery of our Constitution  and our natural God-given freedoms our patriot forefathers fought for.

When I was a kid and in school- they punsihed us for self defense- should we get picked on or bullied. Today as an adult- apparently its the same thing. Our collective mentality of pushing our society in this direction to be passive and non-confrontational is only going to create a problem for us in the future.

Self defense and protection fo loved ones in not a right- its a responsibility. I should go home and watch Fight Club tonight- it would give me a good chuckle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

"First, kill all the lawyers"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[Quote]"First, kill all the lawyers"[/Quote]

Unless you need one...

Sections
Shortcuts