Pool & Beer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

Pool & Beer

Wondering where there are some good bars with pool tables in Cambridge...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

Re: Pool & Beer

Try "The Field" in Central Sq.. 

I think "TT the Bears" might still have a couple too.

Both have beer.....i'm sure of that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

In Response to Re: Pool & Beer:
    [QUOTE]Try "The Field" in Central Sq..  I think "TT the Bears" might still have a couple too. Both have beer.....i'm sure of that.
    Posted by schadenfreude99[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  I know there's also a place in Somerville but can't recall the name.  It's a dive bar and think it's roughly 1 mile due, east by northeast, from Porter Sq.

(My wife tells me that TT the Bears is a "hipster hellhole"...  but who knows; hipsters have been invading the area.  Only thing worse than a San-Fran style dirty hippy).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Harpers Ferry and Whitehorse in Brighton, just over the river.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

In Response to Re: Pool & Beer:
    [QUOTE]Harpers has pool tables?  Man am I getting old.  I used to jam with the Stovall Brown Band there every Monday night.  It was a music joint then (and Molly's was across the street).  If they have room for pool tables, I'm not sure thats a good thing
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

In the back, just outside the bathroom.  Its been there at least 15 years.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from discomeg2. Show discomeg2's posts

In Response to Pool & Beer:
    I'm an avid pool player and beer drinker, your answer is Flat Top Johnny's in kendall. There is an hourly fee but the tables are in good condition and so are the cues. They have 12 tables and people are polite. The Field has one cue and it is shoddy. You need the short stick for most shots. Harper's Ferry is in Allston and is run by jerks. You'd have to pay to go in. There is another place called Big City in Allston, but it is overpriced.

Go to Flat Top's my friend. http://www.flattopjohnnys.com/

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Jillians is gone?  I just learned in another thread that the threater district/combat zone is no more, too - that the theater district is a fun, safe place to hang out after a show.  My image of Boston is based on going to school there 20 years ago and it's totally wrong, now.  Everything is different.  ...suddenly I feel ancient and melancholy.

10. This post has been removed.