Scared to go to brockton.?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newyorktnt. Show newyorktnt's posts

Scared to go to brockton.?

i live in brockton...and they say the brockton way to handel things is to "get up and deal with it". curious to know why your so scared to step foot in brockton...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Scared to go to brockton.?

my sentiments exactly, Greg.  I have no idea what this thread means.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

I've been to the Brockton Ballet (aka the Foxy Lady) once for a bachelor party, but aside from that, don't see any other reason to go there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude98. Show schadenfreude98's posts

newyorktnt.....Is that a riddle ?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

I used to go to the Brockton Rocs baseball games. FYI: Bill Murray (SNL) is part owner. I have a bobblehead statue of him holding a bat. Wierd, I know, but true.

It's a good take, well managed and lots of fun.

Other than that, brockton kinda svcks. No other reason to go there.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: Scared to go to brockton.?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scared to go to brockton.? : Ditto the Lowell Spinners and Lockmonsters.  Just stay off of Merrimak and points South (and West... and East ... and...)
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Aww, you can't dismiss the Cape Cod League. I met Jacoby Ellsbury at a Chatham game there.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scared to go to brockton.? : You aren't really comparing Chatham with Brockton and Lowell, I am sure.
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

You said South!. Of course I am not making the comparison of towns. But in this case, Brockton shows up to the plate (cough) in my view from an entertainment perspective. Boxing and baseball. Im trying to point out some positive aspects of Brockton.

C'mon, meffa, you baiting me?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newyorktnt. Show newyorktnt's posts

its not a threat.its that everywhere outside of brockton i go..i always have to hear something about it..just curious to know why that is so...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]its not a threat.its that everywhere outside of brockton i go..i always have to hear something about it..just curious to know why that is so...
    Posted by newyorktnt[/QUOTE]

Not "threat"...."thread". The person was wondering why this THREAD was started.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TyTheTiler. Show TyTheTiler's posts

I was involved in a hit and run in Brockton, right in front of the court house. I was there to finalize my divorce aggreement. The other driver fled through a red light, nearly hitting another car. I've witnessed a man beating his girlfriend in the parking lot of a Cumby's. I know these things could happen anywhere, but I've only ever witnessed them in Brockton which has perhaps skewed my view of the city. But yeah, not a whole lot of good things have happened to me there.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eaglesmeagle. Show Eaglesmeagle's posts

This thread is usless without pics.....  :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

there is nothing wrong with brockton... I was just there the other day buying some crack and a professional woman ( not alowed to say bad words : thanks boston.com)... everyone seemed very nice

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irish-lad. Show Irish-lad's posts

Not scared, but I can't say it's at the top of my "to do" list :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtcboston. Show mtcboston's posts

Regular people shouldn't fear going to Brockton, gangbangers are pretty particular about who they take out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BleedGreen4Ever. Show BleedGreen4Ever's posts

Please explain to me why I would want to go to Brockton. Exactly what does Brockton have to offer that might attract someone to want to spend a day in Brockton.
    I went to Massasoit CC in the '70's and remeber being introduced to some of the locals whom seem very surprised when this college kid held a boken 40 ounce up against their neck!
    So beside the Foxy Lady what cultural events might Brockton have to offer. Perhaps some advantage Spanish classes....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsmmark. Show rsmmark's posts

BleedGreen4ever.....funny, growing up in Brockton myslef in the 60s and 70s we really didn't consider Massasoit a college....so the locals probably weren't too surprised by your actions

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from newyorktnt. Show newyorktnt's posts

im not trying to get you to go to brockton or make it "the main attraction",im trying to figure out why your afraid to be there.oh and to whoever tried to correct my words.i ment theat when i said it. HA..its just interesting to hear what you all have to say on the open subject. for people who live in the brockton today.stop comparing it to new york city or boston or wherever,because its not.lols..all that bad "ish" you talk about brockton...thats something that comes natural to any city.its just how u deal with it.and ''this is how we do"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Newyork...

You need to take from this thread that NO ONE is afraid to go to Brockton.
    There is just no reason to go there.

End of story.

Biledgreen...

Ooooo, tough guy ready to rumble. Too funny.