Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes

In Response to Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes:
    [QUOTE]It is impossible to tell the full story from the report. It does fit a pattern. It sounds like the guy in back and who got shot was tailgaiting and tailgaiting quite aggressively. Massachusetts has a situation among way too many police of flat out contempt for highway safety.  One very dangerous behavior which is considered "normal" is dangerous tailgaiting.  There are very many other dangerous practices which are normal on Boston highways because of very bad policing for a very long period. Police with contempt for the law have turn our highways into Dodge City. There is nothing surprising about this.  Since the police will not do their jobs, THEY have turned our highways into the wild, wild, west. Who will die next?   Will Massachusetts ever get policing worthy of the name? Shame on what passes for police departments! Shame! Shame! Shame!
    Posted by boblat[/QUOTE]

So it's the police's fault that this guy got shot? Not the fault of the person who pulled the trigger? Sigh...
    I've been tailgated before. But guess what? No one died. Pretty simple....you continue driving...everyone lives. What a fr!gg!n concept!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : Thank you!!! Saved me some time there.  Hello!
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Don't ya love the blame everyone else except for those responsible concept this country has taken on?!?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Mass drivers are total freaking jerks. Totally ignorant of accepted rules of right of way and a general driving safetythat are observed anywhere else. Someone not going fast enough? ride up on the back bumper until you see what station the driver in front you, that doesn't realize that you are the center of the universe, is listening to. Don't forget to text your friends to tell them how this guy drives like an a-s-s hole.  Turban wearing NYC cabbies,Mexico City transportes van,Rome scooterists,Dehli bike cabs are models of safety compared to your average m-a-s-s-h-o-l-e  driver.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

In Response to Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes:
    [QUOTE] Police with contempt for the law have turn our highways into Dodge City.
    Posted by boblat[/QUOTE]

No. M_ssholes with bad tempers are to blame. Why is everyone so angry when they drive here?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AKMW. Show AKMW's posts

It's true that the two men involved are the ones responsible here. No one needed to get SHOT over tailgating! But it's also true and worth mentioning that some of the Mass. State Police are the among the worst and rudest drivers on the roads. They ought to lead by example, but it's quite the opposite. Only in Mass. have I been tailgated dangerously, only to look back and see it's a State Police car. Often I've watched in anxiety and frustration as they fly down the Pike with no flashing lights. They tailgate, cut in and out of travel lanes, and change lanes without using signals. It's dangerous and it's disturbing when law enforcement behaves like this. Who polices the police?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boblat. Show boblat's posts

The issue is:  who is responsible.

It is normal for damn fools to tailgate crazily.  It is not at all unusual for such damn fools to be too stupid to pass.

Terrible policing has created this outrage.

Terrible policing has created a situation where the minimal apparent penalty for all too many really dangerous pieces of behavior is death or dismemberment.

That is the cops, very terrible cops with a lot record of very terrible refusal to do their jobs.

What happened here?

Who know?

Was the guy in front faced with a "my life or yours" situation which would not exist in parts of the world which have police do their jobs?

You want to know who is responsible for this attack?

How many tickets have been issued for tailgaiting in Quincy in the last year?

How many in the last decade?

How many in the last century?

Terrible, terrible, terrible cops.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Is tailgating a traffic violation that a driver can be ticketed for? It sounds like a very difficult thing to enforce. And what should be the distance to trigger an infraction? 5 feet? 10 feet?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes:
    [QUOTE]The issue is:  who is responsible. It is normal for damn fools to tailgate crazily.  It is not at all unusual for such damn fools to be too stupid to pass. Terrible policing has created this outrage. Terrible policing has created a situation where the minimal apparent penalty for all too many really dangerous pieces of behavior is death or dismemberment. That is the cops, very terrible cops with a lot record of very terrible refusal to do their jobs. What happened here? Who know? Was the guy in front faced with a "my life or yours" situation which would not exist in parts of the world which have police do their jobs? You want to know who is responsible for this attack? How many tickets have been issued for tailgaiting in Quincy in the last year? How many in the last decade? How many in the last century? Terrible, terrible, terrible cops.
    Posted by boblat[/QUOTE]

"Was the guy in front faced with a "my life or yours" situation which would not exist in parts of the world which have police do their jobs? "

Right because tailgating ONLY exist here is MA. Nowhere else in the US or world does tailgating occur. Yup, only MA.

End of the day it still comes down to one guy shooting another over tailgating. Doesn't matter if cops don't enforce it to the level you would like. There wasn't a cop around to stop this from happening. Is that the cops fault too? Cops are suppose to be everywhere at every time now? You realize logistically that is impossible.
    There's only one guy to blame for this shooting. End of story.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : No. M_ssholes with bad tempers are to blame. Why is everyone so angry when they drive here?
    Posted by SchwillyPete[/QUOTE]

Road rage happens everywhere.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

[QUOTE]Is tailgating a traffic violation that a driver can be ticketed for? It sounds like a very difficult thing to enforce. And what should be the distance to trigger an infraction? 5 feet? 10 feet?
    Posted by lrecliner[/QUOTE]

Try two car lengths at city speeds, four car lengths at highway speeds and yes you can be ticketed for dangerous driving. I believe their is also a separate following to closely but I'm not sure of the exact charge.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : Try two car lengths at city speeds, four car lengths at highway speeds and yes you can be ticketed for dangerous driving. I believe their is also a separate following to closely but I'm not sure of the exact charge.
    Posted by topaz978[/QUOTE]

I always use the 3 second rule. Count 1-thousand, 2-thousand, 3-thousand when the car in front of you passes a marker (anything really) in the road. If you get to it before 3-thousand, you are too close.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMovieFan. Show TheMovieFan's posts

[QUOTE] I always use the 3 second rule.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Sometimes this can be quite variable.  One of the most annoying drivers are those who do not drive at a constant rate of speed.  For example, they will go to 50 mph then allow their vehicle to slow to 40 mph then go back to 50, etc...  This happens even when no one is in front of them.  It gets even more annoying when you are not the person directly behind that driver and you have to put up with the break lights going off directly in front of you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : No. M_ssholes with bad tempers are to blame. Why is everyone so angry when they drive here?
    Posted by SchwillyPete[/QUOTE]

No. M_ssholes with bad tempers are to blame.

Maybe someone needs to re-evaluate the anger thing. Calling anyone from Mass as Ma-ssholes is very revealing. Say it long enough, you begin to believe it. Believe it long enough, you begin to get angry. Get angry long enough, you do something stupid and you get locked up. It's a slippery slope.

Maybe Mass people arnt all mass-oles. Maybe New Hampshire people are the a-holes here.
    Think about it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMovieFan. Show TheMovieFan's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe Mass people arnt all mass-oles. Maybe New Hampshire people are the a-holes here. Think about it.
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat[/QUOTE]

I agree.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boblat. Show boblat's posts

I love a lot of the responses above.

The three second rule is the norm.

This concept that it is offensive for somebody to pull in front of you is part of the sickness created by a century of terrible policing.

In parts of the world where police are fit to be called police, police work together to get to the destination.  Somebody who is offended that a car changes lanes into his/her lane is an excellent example of a bad driver.  Nobody has any rights except the almighty me.

"Police" who call hitting brakes on a highway "road rage," as a Quincy cop did in the press conference, are excellent examples of cops with contempt for highway safety.

The reason people are offended because the guy in front hits the brakes is because the people who are offended are following TOO CLOSE.  A sane driver maintains a sane driving distance because drivers have to hit the brakes.  A sane driver does not expect the guy in front of him to refrain from hitting the brakes.

The same old situation created by a terrible police force.  In civilized parts of the world, we are all in this together.  In Massachusetts, nobody has rights except for the almighty me.

As far as NH drivers are concerned, they possible are less dangerous on other matters, but, as hard as it is to believe, the tailgating situation in NH is quite a bit worse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]I love a lot of the responses above. The three second rule is the norm. This concept that it is offensive for somebody to pull in front of you is part of the sickness created by a century of terrible policing. In parts of the world where police are fit to be called police, police work together to get to the destination.  Somebody who is offended that a car changes lanes into his/her lane is an excellent example of a bad driver.  Nobody has any rights except the almighty me. "Police" who call hitting brakes on a highway "road rage," as a Quincy cop did in the press conference, are excellent examples of cops with contempt for highway safety. The reason people are offended because the guy in front hits the brakes is because the people who are offended are following TOO CLOSE.  A sane driver maintains a sane driving distance because drivers have to hit the brakes.  A sane driver does not expect the guy in front of him to refrain from hitting the brakes. The same old situation created by a terrible police force.  In civilized parts of the world, we are all in this together.  In Massachusetts, nobody has rights except for the almighty me. As far as NH drivers are concerned, they possible are less dangerous on other matters, but, as hard as it is to believe, the tailgating situation in NH is quite a bit worse.
    Posted by boblat[/QUOTE]

"This concept that it is offensive for somebody to pull in front of you is part of the sickness created by a century of terrible policing"

How dare people pull ahead of someone, pass them, and then move into their lane. My god where does it end? Oh the horror. Society has just simply run amok. Why the police aren't running these people in is a travesty. A travesty I tell you....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Years ago when it was introduced, I thought it was a two second rule.  Is my memory failing (quite possible) or has inflation struck here too?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]Years ago when it was introduced, I thought it was a two second rule.  Is my memory failing (quite possible) or has inflation struck here too?
    Posted by easydoesit2[/QUOTE]

I think they changed it to 3 because of the distracted drivers. An extra second to put down the cell phone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : Impossible on 128/Rt 3 if there's a car length someone will pull in front of you.  I have a confession to make a lady tail gated me for a couple miles.  I tapped the brakes, she  slammed on her brakes, fished tailed to the side of the road, lucky no one got hurt. I will never forget how stupid I was.
    Posted by chiefhowie[/QUOTE]

A car length at say 10-15 is @3 seconds. BTW, when did it become so bad that "someone will pull in front of you"?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]Sometimes this can be quite variable.  One of the most annoying drivers are those who do not drive at a constant rate of speed.  For example, they will go to 50 mph then allow their vehicle to slow to 40 mph then go back to 50, etc...  This happens even when no one is in front of them.  It gets even more annoying when you are not the person directly behind that driver and you have to put up with the break lights going off directly in front of you.
    Posted by TheMovieFan[/QUOTE]

More for me are the idiots who get in the passing lane and do 60. They are not passing anyone and have a line of cars 20 deep behind them and no one in front for half a mile. I deal with at least one of these a day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]I love a lot of the responses above. The three second rule is the norm. This concept that it is offensive for somebody to pull in front of you is part of the sickness created by a century of terrible policing. In parts of the world where police are fit to be called police, police work together to get to the destination.  Somebody who is offended that a car changes lanes into his/her lane is an excellent example of a bad driver.  Nobody has any rights except the almighty me. "Police" who call hitting brakes on a highway "road rage," as a Quincy cop did in the press conference, are excellent examples of cops with contempt for highway safety. The reason people are offended because the guy in front hits the brakes is because the people who are offended are following TOO CLOSE.  A sane driver maintains a sane driving distance because drivers have to hit the brakes.  A sane driver does not expect the guy in front of him to refrain from hitting the brakes. The same old situation created by a terrible police force.  In civilized parts of the world, we are all in this together.  In Massachusetts, nobody has rights except for the almighty me. As far as NH drivers are concerned, they possible are less dangerous on other matters, but, as hard as it is to believe, the tailgating situation in NH is quite a bit worse.
    Posted by boblat[/QUOTE]

Sorry but it isn't a police issue. The issue is the "me first" society we have been given/brought up in by the previous generation. This is in evidence at almost every off ramp that has a line. You ALWAYS have the A__holes who are too important to wait in line and block the middle lane of traffic to squeeze their way in front. These are the people I will NEVER let in.

If you are doubtful drive 93S to 128N any morning. They are all out in their glory. I have stopped in front of them and blocked them to allow others around us so they will be late.