Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMovieFan. Show TheMovieFan's posts

Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes

Because the state & towns need more revenue, I have been a bit more cautious and drive slower.  The side effect has been that I still have a 1/4 tank when I do my weekly fill-up on Saturday.  I used to be nearly on empty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elifazeeka. Show Elifazeeka's posts

I think a few too many people are jumping to conclusions here, with no evidence whatsoever of what ACTUALLY happened, except that some crazy man shot someone and drove off.
    If anyone knows where this happened, it is a two lane road, that at midnight is pretty much empty.  If the guy in front was being tailgated, he should get in the OTHER lane.  A "brake job" is road rage.  It is intentional, and in reality, say you gave someone a brake job and they rear-ended you...as long as they have a witness YOU will get cited.  Seems like there was probably road rage on both sides here, but like I said, if someone justifies road rage as a reason for shooting someone, they should NOT own a gun and they should be locked up for a long time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes:
    [QUOTE]I love a lot of the responses above. The three second rule is the norm. This concept that it is offensive for somebody to pull in front of you is part of the sickness created by a century of terrible policing. In parts of the world where police are fit to be called police, police work together to get to the destination.  Somebody who is offended that a car changes lanes into his/her lane is an excellent example of a bad driver.  Nobody has any rights except the almighty me. "Police" who call hitting brakes on a highway "road rage," as a Quincy cop did in the press conference, are excellent examples of cops with contempt for highway safety. The reason people are offended because the guy in front hits the brakes is because the people who are offended are following TOO CLOSE.  A sane driver maintains a sane driving distance because drivers have to hit the brakes.  A sane driver does not expect the guy in front of him to refrain from hitting the brakes. The same old situation created by a terrible police force.  In civilized parts of the world, we are all in this together.  In Massachusetts, nobody has rights except for the almighty me. As far as NH drivers are concerned, they possible are less dangerous on other matters, but, as hard as it is to believe, the tailgating situation in NH is quite a bit worse.
    Posted by boblat[/QUOTE]

Police who do what you claim are not following the law. It is a violation to follow too closely. It is also a violation to cause another vehicle to stop. If you are intending to stop a vehicle in mass you best be a cop. Otherwise it is against the law. No matter how you do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : A car length at say 10-15 is @3 seconds. BTW, when did it become so bad that "someone will pull in front of you"?
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Hey do what you want. The body bags don't care. You'll have a tag and god will help the examiner find who is who.
    I drive carefully because it is important to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boblat. Show boblat's posts

"More for me are the idiots who get in the passing lane and do 60. They are not passing anyone and have a line of cars 20 deep behind them and no one in front for half a mile. I deal with at least one of these a day. "

Another example of the really terrible police on the state and local highways.

The law is very clearly keep right except when passing.

A fool in the middle of the road creating an ontourage is not as immediately destructive as a tailgaiter, but he/she is part of the same sick situation created by a century of terrible policing.

"Nobody has any rights but the almighty me" is not the case in parts of the world which have traffic enforcement.

Massachusetts' terrible police have created Dodge City on the highways.

There is no law.  Those with the greatest contempt for others win.

And the cops have the nerve to claim that this nightmare is the fault of somebody other than themselves.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P90X. Show P90X's posts

Foolish, Idiots

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : Hey do what you want. The body bags don't care. You'll have a tag and god will help the examiner find who is who. I drive carefully because it is important to me.
    Posted by topaz978[/QUOTE]

READING COMPREHENSION!!! What are you talking about? I do drive defensively. That is what I wrote in the post you responded to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]"More for me are the idiots who get in the passing lane and do 60. They are not passing anyone and have a line of cars 20 deep behind them and no one in front for half a mile. I deal with at least one of these a day. " Another example of the really terrible police on the state and local highways. The law is very clearly keep right except when passing. A fool in the middle of the road creating an ontourage is not as immediately destructive as a tailgaiter, but he/she is part of the same sick situation created by a century of terrible policing. "Nobody has any rights but the almighty me" is not the case in parts of the world which have traffic enforcement. Massachusetts' terrible police have created Dodge City on the highways. There is no law.  Those with the greatest contempt for others win. And the cops have the nerve to claim that this nightmare is the fault of somebody other than themselves.
    Posted by boblat[/QUOTE]

I have driven all over the world and it is basically the same anywhere you drive. I have seen fist fights on highways because a car cut another off in Canada and I have seen accidents in Ireland because one car wouldn't give way to the other.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newyorktnt. Show newyorktnt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : READING COMPREHENSION!!! What are you talking about? I do drive defensively. That is what I wrote in the post you responded to.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

you get defensive too

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boblat. Show boblat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : I have driven all over the world and it is basically the same anywhere you drive. I have seen fist fights on highways because a car cut another off in Canada and I have seen accidents in Ireland because one car wouldn't give way to the other.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

There is a qualitative difference between the situation in Massachusetts and the situation in parts of the world which have meaningful police.

The difference that, in the parts of the world which have meaningful, police there are bad drivers.  But they are controlled by the police.

In Massachusetts, bad drivers are the norm.  And the bad drivers from the rest of the world are very, very happy.

A lot of the most bizarre behavior by Massachusetts drivers is the driver's defensive reaction because the driver expects outrageous behavior by everybody else.

Massachusetts drivers drive slower than the rest of the world because Massachusetts drivers constantly are looking for extreme stupidity.

The traffic reports talk about gawker blockers.  What they are really looking for is extreme stupidity.

It is dangerous for pedestrians to cross on crosswalks because too many drivers have contempt for them.

It is safer to jaywalk because the same drivers know that these people are stupid enough to jump in their paths.

What the drivers are looking for AND WHAT THE DRIVERS RESPECT is extreme stupidity.

And this does not occur in parts of the world where police are worthy of being called police.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : There is a qualitative difference between the situation in Massachusetts and the situation in parts of the world which have meaningful police. The difference that, in the parts of the world which have meaningful, police there are bad drivers.  But they are controlled by the police. In Massachusetts, bad drivers are the norm.  And the bad drivers from the rest of the world are very, very happy. A lot of the most bizarre behavior by Massachusetts drivers is the driver's defensive reaction because the driver expects outrageous behavior by everybody else. Massachusetts drivers drive slower than the rest of the world because Massachusetts drivers constantly are looking for extreme stupidity. The traffic reports talk about gawker blockers.  What they are really looking for is extreme stupidity. It is dangerous for pedestrians to cross on crosswalks because too many drivers have contempt for them. It is safer to jaywalk because the same drivers know that these people are stupid enough to jump in their paths. What the drivers are looking for AND WHAT THE DRIVERS RESPECT is extreme stupidity. And this does not occur in parts of the world where police are worthy of being called police.
    Posted by boblat[/QUOTE]

Can you site any proof of ANYTHING you wrote above? You spout off all these "fact" yet do nothing to back them up. So please share with us the facts and figures that support all your claims. Thanks!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boblat. Show boblat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : Can you site any proof of ANYTHING you wrote above? You spout off all these "fact" yet do nothing to back them up. So please share with us the facts and figures that support all your claims. Thanks!
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

I live through this horror, as do so many of the others responding above.

I lived out of state for awhile, in a civilized part of the world.  I was wondering why everybody else was driving so strangely.  Then I realized it was me.

Visitors to Boston talk of "the Boston problem."  They do not have to say anything else.  The term is recognized immediately.

This is reality, a very horrible reality.

This is what happens in the collapse of law enforcement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : Sorry but it isn't a police issue.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

boblat is clueless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boblat. Show boblat's posts

[QUOTE]I rented a  car in Spain and Italy. The lady told me The laws here are similar to the .U.S.A but here you have to  o-bay them. Just drive safe and use Curtness.
    Posted by chiefhowie[/QUOTE]

A very good point.

There are significant differences between police attitudes in many parts of Europe, in civilized parts of the United States, and in Massachusetts.

An excellent example is jaywalking.

In Germany, jaywalking very much is not done.

In civilized parts of the United States, intelligent jaywalking is normal.  That is, people cross the street when is no danger from cars coming.  If a jaywalker messes up and interferes with a moving vehicle, the jaywalker apologizes and gets out of the way.

In Massachusetts, from the point of view of a lot of people, the best way to stop a moving car is to jump in front of it. 

In Massachusetts, the most fearful people are law abiding citizens trying to use a crosswalk.  The same people who courteously stop for jaywalkers expect people in crosswalks to get out of their way and there is a very real risk that they will run you down.  To these people, it is considered discourteous for a pedestrian to expect a car to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.

This is what happens in a world without law enforcement.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from orifice69. Show orifice69's posts

FYI...this guy is not the first O'Connell to kill or attempt to kill.  Both the great Bill and his son Ky have killed.  One "accidentally", one not.  And for those of you who think this 40 year old loser will get off, his cousin has been in prison for 20+ years for murder.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : I live through this horror, as do so many of the others responding above. I lived out of state for awhile, in a civilized part of the world.  I was wondering why everybody else was driving so strangely.  Then I realized it was me. Visitors to Boston talk of "the Boston problem."  They do not have to say anything else.  The term is recognized immediately. This is reality, a very horrible reality. This is what happens in the collapse of law enforcement.
    Posted by boblat[/QUOTE]

So basically it's just your opinion. That's what I thought but thanks for clarifying.

I too have driven in other states. Ever been to Chicago? Worse than Boston. Have good friends who live there who are from Boston. They also say Chicago is worse. Ever been to L.A.? Ever driven on the highways there? Please. Brutal drivers there. Bad drivers are everywhere. Road rage is everywhere. Get over your hatred for MA and MA cops.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from careman. Show careman's posts

Sounds like both drivers might have been acting like immature idiots.  ? drinking involved.  No need for homocide though.  O'connell's from a wealthy connected family.  Shouldn't have to do much time.  Hope the other makes it ok.  A tragedy all around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boblat. Show boblat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shooting in Quincy by Lead Driver who "repeatedly" Hit his brakes : So basically it's just your opinion. That's what I thought but thanks for clarifying. I too have driven in other states. Ever been to Chicago? Worse than Boston. Have good friends who live there who are from Boston. They also say Chicago is worse. Ever been to L.A.? Ever driven on the highways there? Please. Brutal drivers there. Bad drivers are everywhere. Road rage is everywhere. Get over your hatred for MA and MA cops.
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

I see.

All those people from other parts of the country who talk of "The Boston Problem" are imagining things.

The fact that they do not spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for a study committee when so many of them describe "the Boston problem" makes "the Boston problem"  their imagination and the imagination of so many other visitors.

Those states in which drivers keep to the right are a figment of the imagination.

It is a figment of the imagination that I keep passing the left three lanes in the right lane.  That guy riding my bumper as I am passing those three lanes on the right is a figment of my imagination.

The fact that people in those three lanes somehow do not understand the concept of keeping right is a figment of the imagination.   Nothing is real unless you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to do a study.

Those tie ups with one car too stupid to keep right blocking up the entire road is a figment of the imagination.   Nothing is real unless you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to do a study.

Those pedestrians fearing for their lives if they actually walk out on a cross walk and expect drivers to yield for them is a figment of their imagination.   Nothing is real unless you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to do a study.

So the next time a jaywalker jumps in front of my car because he is convinced that is the right way to stop a moving car, it is ok to run him/her down.  If I have not consulted with a hundred thousand dollar committee, that fool is a figment of my imagination.

So all those drivers I see in other states stopping for stop lines are a figment of the imagination.   Nothing is real unless you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to do a study.  I need to spend a hundred thousand dollars to prove they stop at stop lines in states with meaningful police departments.

So all those drivers in other states who stop for yellow lights if it is safe to do are figments of the imagination and are figments of the imagination of the many visitors who talk about the "Boston problem."   Nothing is real unless you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to do a study.

Sane policing does not exist.   Nothing is real unless you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to do a study.

Sane drivers do not exist.    Nothing is real unless you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to do a study.

We need to spend hundreds of thousand of dollars to learn that it is routine for a lot of Boston drivers to drive on the rear end of the guy in front of them.

Something is very wrong here.

Sane people do not spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to state the obvious.

Police officers who do not do their jobs and fools who do not know how to drive love to tie up reality with hundred thousand dollar committees. 

This is not reality.  This is institutionalizing a century of terrible policing which has created a flat out nightmare on our highways.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

"All those people from other parts of the country who talk of "The Boston Problem" are imagining things."

I think YOU'RE imagining things. 

Sections
Shortcuts