Snow hits Boston, how was your commute?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

A "quick-hitting, intense storm" hit Boston earlier than expected this morning.

How was your commute?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprint. Show sprint's posts

it seemed fine at 7am this morning on the south shore going north on 128.� My concern is the return trip...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazmyne13. Show jazmyne13's posts

I took the red line from Braintree at 7:30.� A couple of delays along the way but just a few minutes added on the trip.� I was in Boston by 8:05 and at my desk by 8:15.� Definitely not looking forward to the trip home but I will be leaving early for sure.�

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazmyne13. Show jazmyne13's posts

I think that is a bit harsh.� I happen to be an SUV driving woman and I purchased it on my own.� I agree that most don't know how to drive in the snow but after years of living in VT I am quite seasoned at driving in all the elements.� Not everyone needs a Sugar Daddy.� Some of us do it on our own.�

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

There is no way it will be worse then that ride home back in December where it took me 7 hours to get from Everett to Quincy. I am taking the Red Line as well. When I get to Quincy Ctr I will only have a 3 mile ride home.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mausinthehaus. Show mausinthehaus's posts

Drove in on Rt. 2 from 128 area at 7 - everything was just fine and traffic was pretty light.� On the way back out, snow was on the road, but all was still fine. (I just had an early errand in the city, so I don't have to worry about the afternoon commute.) Since the public schools are closed, we should avoid some problems this afternoon - and the private schools seem to mostly be closing around noon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cnoella0282. Show cnoella0282's posts

I was driving rt.3 south from Billerica to 128. There were smashed up cars EVERYWHERE...I stopped counting at 13. I must have said "Oh my god" a few hundred times...those wrecks were really bad! I was just amazed at how many cars were banged up...never seen that before! So be careful driving this evening and keep alot of room between you and the car infront of you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laibhreis. Show laibhreis's posts

I am a woman.� I am a single mother, have been for 16 years.� I have never received one cent of child support.� I have an SUV that I bought with my own money.� Your gross generalizations are offending.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from doggy30. Show doggy30's posts

Train was right on time, only problem was the guy who couldn't speak a lick of English yelling into his cellphone on the way in.� I'm sure the conductor overcharged him (due to no fault of his own) because he had no clue what he was saying......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bananaboat. Show bananaboat's posts

Very true!�I drove to the office this morning in my little sports car w/ winter tires with no issue. Rt 2 was great, 95 was moving along at 70mph and 100% clear road surface. Rt 3 was another story all together. It was 100% black ice over the entire stretch of asphalt. Tons and tons and tons of cars that had either�slid into each other, or gone off the road. I couldn't believe that in the traffic other�drivers would still ride up on you, only to have their massive "AH-HA" realization come when they themselves nearly slide into someone else. No one wants to take their time, be safe, avoid insurance claims, or take heed with what has happened to the cars on the side of the road.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mommm. Show mommm's posts

why can't people learn how to drive in this stuff ? I don't get it
    one woman I saw crash this morning had pulled off the highway onto the snow covered shoulder at high speed and then tied to stop in the snow...
    of course she hit the guard rail. �
    what did she think was going to happen ?
    ���

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemama. Show hoochiemama's posts

Well, can't speak for that woman, but I had my first accident this AM.� I hit a patch of ice and skid very slowly into an intersection and into another car.� 16 years of clean driving gone.

It would have helped had the road been plowed.�

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rad666. Show rad666's posts

Route 3 from NH to 128, went from dry to icy in not time at all. Everyone got on the highway, snow just blowing around on the road. A little more snow fell tires heating up the road causing almost a black ice to form, got near to Drum Hill and said to myself the road feels kind of funny. Got further down near 495, and had to hit my brakes both TCS and antilock brakes kicked in, AND I STILL DID NOT THINK I WAS GOING TO STOP BEFORE HITTING ANYONE. Immediately got over to slow lane, and drove much slower and then I could feel the sliding as we stopped and started. Unfortunately most people were still whizzing by in the fast lane after that and you could hear the sound of skidding tires. I just missed the 20 car spinout near route 62. �I do not understand why people see other folks pulling over and slowing down don�t get the hint; we are not doing it to let you BY�..pay attention.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

I-495 was treacherous this morning in the Boxboro-Littleton area.� The roads looked wet, but were ice covered resulting in many accidents.� I turned around and headed home not wanting to risk an accident.� Called into work and took a VACATION DAY (not a freebie) instead.This baby is nothing like that mid-December monster storm where my average communte turned into a 5 hour ride to nowhere!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

��� I also drive an SUV and wouldn't change it for a thing.� Especially when I see all of the Mini's and Prius' on the side of the road in a snow storm.� Even during that horrible commute in Dec - I didn't have one issue - except dodging the disbled vehicles.�

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pollie. Show pollie's posts

good thinking. hmmmm. maybe i will get an suv, fill it twice a week at $70 per, so that I get lulled into a fake sense of security for 3 snowstorms a year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

i thought dykes drove subarus -- that's what i've been told (i drive one)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pollie. Show pollie's posts

so, you dont care about the people you would hit? good thinking as well.

Thank God someone is helping out the oil companies and continuing our addiction to foreign oil. dinosaur.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pollie. Show pollie's posts

yeah, who cares about the environment, or the wars that are being fought to keep that thing on the road. As long as you feel safe, then, thats all that matters. U-S-A-U-S-A!

Americans are so full of themselves.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pollie. Show pollie's posts

hhhmmmm Iraq, 1, Iraq 2, propping up of a corrupt dictatorship in Saudi which might, or might not have something to do with the amount of 9/11 terrorist creeps having theirt ideology, anywhere else you need to know? Don't worry, The Chinese do it to in Darfur. We look the other way because they are floating our debt currently and can't rock that boat. Imagine the calls from that collection agency!

Do you know that oil comes from those countries, and we appease all of the corruption in them to import petrol products? Funny, we can send a man to the moon, but can't seem to come up with a better way to fuel our cars. Ever wonder why we got involved in Iraq in the first place? I mean there are corrupt dictatorships everywhere. Like here, but that is for another thread. But, why would we single out a secular nation, that has, for the most part kept to itself and even helped us during the Iran/Iraq war, whose leader hated Al Queda. hhmmmmm.... They happen to sit on top of one of the largest oil supplies in the world?

Listen, (well, read I guess), I apologize for coming off this way. Just trying to make people think. And, by the way, I drive a Highlander hybrid. What I spent in having the extra hybrid on the payment, I easily make up for in the amount of gas I have to fill up with. Large car, don't have to shell money out to the Saudi's. Want to win the war on terror? Then let's cut off their riches to those nuts until they drop the extreme religion and enter the 21st century.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

��� I can afford $70 week, no problem.� That's my choice to pay it, and I do.� I also enjoy my SUV every other season of the year - so, winter isn't the only thing to do with it.� I'm actually in the market for a new one.� My be a good weekend to do some shopping!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mommm. Show mommm's posts

oil poitics aside...
    forget the arguments about whether the war is to guaranty our oil supply.

the combination of our sending way too many dollars to foreign countires to pay for oil
    and the falling dollar value is going to create� an economic situtation� that� you can do nothing about.�
    we lowered interest rates to stop the recession but that will only incrase the flow of funds out of this country.��

your addiction to oil is going to drain the standard of living that you have enjoyed while you were out consuming more than the rest of the world.

so while you are driving that big truck and SUV keep in mind that you are pushing an economic problem that will create enough inflation to eventually make your other assets worthless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

Sounds like it's time for you to get a new job. Life is too short to work for a company like that.