T Rider takes a (s)tumble...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alberto50. Show Alberto50's posts

T Rider takes a (s)tumble...

Cannot believe no opp. to comment on the photos and "regrets/thanks" message of

Sophia Hartdegen

Neuroprotective Research Coordinator

She is wonderful to compliment the T conductor and team, but how can anyone who has a science education and vocational background admit to "quaffing" 4 (count 'em!) 22 oz "beers" (I call 88oz a very big "half gallon"). That may "not [be] a drinking problem" in her mind, but then again, her mind seems to be MIA. Notice how her body just poops out after the fall -- a clear sign she is energized, alert and ready for action. Hope her Linked In page gets updated for her new experiences. This is a person I would want in my top-performing, cutting edge, crystal-clear thinking, federally-subsidized research lab.

Let's hope that someone else besides Sophia is figuring out how to get her some help...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Re: T Rider takes a (s)tumble...

If she's doing this on a regular basis then that's a different story....and since we don't know if she does then it's a big IF.
    We've all made mistakes in our lives...cut her some slack.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kellmoops. Show kellmoops's posts

Maybe she was out celebrating a neuroprotective breakthrough?? Who are we to judge? It's a pretty tough field to work in (I can say this because I'm also in it) so, like hawkeye01 says, cut her some slack!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alberto50. Show Alberto50's posts

I agree that we all make mistakes. But at the very least, she might acknowledge hers ("I don't have a drinking problem" could have been followed by "but I am sure going to pay attention to what I do after I drink that much in the future...")

Better yet, if she took the bull by the horns and used this horrible and nearly tragic incident to speak out to a pretty serious social issue right now, she would be praised and make some lemonade out of lemons.

Just my two cents but so many of our young adults are doing far too much of this. My sense (reading articles, listening to my college grad kids, watching UMass or BU deal with drinking binging, deaths, fights, etc., and comparing closely wiht what my peers say they did/not do in college or right after) is that Sophia may just be a good example of that type of behaviour. If she is not, and cares to set the record straight, she should have seen the value of stating that explictly and being a poster child for reducing abuse of alcohol/soft drugs/home medicine cabs/whatever. Otherwise, anyone reading this assumes the worst.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: T Rider takes a (s)tumble...:
    I agree that we all make mistakes. But at the very least, she might acknowledge hers ("I don't have a drinking problem" could have been followed by "but I am sure going to pay attention to what I do after I drink that much in the future...") Better yet, if she took the bull by the horns and used this horrible and nearly tragic incident to speak out to a pretty serious social issue right now, she would be praised and make some lemonade out of lemons. Just my two cents but so many of our young adults are doing far too much of this. My sense (reading articles, listening to my college grad kids, watching UMass or BU deal with drinking binging, deaths, fights, etc., and comparing closely wiht what my peers say they did/not do in college or right after) is that Sophia may just be a good example of that type of behaviour. If she is not, and cares to set the record straight, she should have seen the value of stating that explictly and being a poster child for reducing abuse of alcohol/soft drugs/home medicine cabs/whatever. Otherwise, anyone reading this assumes the worst.
    Posted by Alberto50

"Better yet, if she took the bull by the horns and used this horrible and nearly tragic incident to speak out to a pretty serious social issue right now, she would be praised and make some lemonade out of lemons."

Maybe by you but most people aren't thinking a 26 year old who drank too much needs to be a spokesperson for drinking problems.

"Just my two cents but so many of our young adults are doing far too much of this."

Well that IS what young adults do. They party....sometimes a bit too much but that's part of growing up.

"If she is not, and cares to set the record straight,"

She shouldn't have to. What she does is not yours or anyone elses business. Just like what you do is no ones business but yours.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alberto50. Show Alberto50's posts

"is nobody's business..."

Ok, I get your point. But with that kind of logic, we should never look for opportunities for improving society or making other positive change? If it did not occur to her, or others, I am just pointing out the "coulda shoulda" potential.

It is no one else's business in a way, until:
    -- someone makes an idiot of him/herself in public
    -- one of us wastes the time and budget of our (already debt-ridden) T staff, police/emergency crews
    -- the person delays unnecessarily the regular joe/josephine waiting for that train or others down the track..., etc.

It is a wonderful story about responsiveness, but I can think of several ways all those people's efforts could have been better deployed than on caring for a college graduate who clearly went "overboard". To say "that is what young people do" is fine and dandy until their actions impinge on others.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

I have one question--why isn't she being fined for smoking on a T platform? I'm glad she wasn't hurt, the T operator did well.  All positives.  But she was breaking the law by smoking on the platform, and stumbled as she was putting out a cigarette. 

And for you "I can smoke where I want to people", learn the law.  It's illegal to smoke on T trains and platforms.  You have a right to smoke, I have a right to breathe. My right to breathe is more important than your right to smoke.  Sorry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMovieFan. Show TheMovieFan's posts

Obama pushed her.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

So everyone that has been drunk has a drinking problem?  My stepmother says she has never been drunk, but she drinks daily.  I say people like her are the ones with the problem.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts