Taking a tech time-out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Taking a tech time-out

More towns are planning "unscheduled" evenings, giving families the opportunity to spend quality time together without town meetings, sporting events, or other activities. Do you think people need to have days like these set aside for them? Does email, the Internet, or other technology get in the way of spending time with your family? Do you think these "unplugged" events would be effective in your town?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

Taking a tech time-out

How sad that people need to be told when to spend time with their families.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Taking a tech time-out

Do you think people need to have days like these set aside for them?No, they should be able to do that on their own.�Does email, the Internet, or other technology get in the way of spending time with your familyIf you allow to, yes. �

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

Taking a tech time-out

Exactly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cotfish. Show cotfish's posts

Taking a tech time-out

I think some people do� need to have special days set aside for them to relax and do things with their families.� Every society sets aside special days for festivals, remembrances and commemorations. In this fast-paced world of ours, it sends a positive message if we set aside a day for family interaction.�� Setting aside the day doesn't mean that parents will unplug and do this but it does set an expectation for this to be done.� In reality, parents have the power to make email and television only a part of their daily activities.� Some people do not use their power and plan their interaction time with children effectively.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

Taking a tech time-out

But Mass has us sooooo busy that if i can fire off an email or make a quick business call to juggle things, then that is just the way it is.

So the state is causing you to be so busy? That's a convenient excuse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

Taking a tech time-out

LOL. Another internet "tough" guy.

I am saying that living in Mass is a burden on the wallet, therefore making people work more hours per week thus spending less time with family.

So you must either be in sales or a non-salary job where you can make over-time pay. Otherwise if you are salaried then working more hours is your own fault and on top of it you're not making anymore money. Either you aren't getting the job done in eight hours or you feel insecure about your ability and need to show your boss that you work long hours so you can think that will keep you your job.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprint. Show sprint's posts

Taking a tech time-out

boy - angry aren't you!
    no reason to fight fire with fire, your comments show your frustration and they are not necessary....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

Taking a tech time-out

which is exactly why you're trolling message boards on a Monday morning.

I suspect THIS is the reason why he works those long hours.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

Taking a tech time-out

So true. We've gone off point. My bad

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts