Tax Amnesty wonder why you werent told?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

Hi all, wanted to tell you about this. seems the governor signedinto law a tax amnesty, so if you owe taxes from before 2007 then starting may1st to june 30th of this year you can payjustthe taxes without interest or penalties. now since this is designed to bringin more back taxes, why doesnt the state advertise this? As a amatter of fact if it werent for my CPA who happend to hear about it somewhere i wouldnthave known about it either.
    What givesd, why doesnt our own state giovernemtn fill in the blanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

If the program starts 5/1 and ends 6/30, why would anyone pay taxes by the April 15th deadline? If you were a tax cheat who didn't pay on time or at all in prior years, would you do so this year? I doubt it. After April 15, it will get advertized.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[Quote]If the program starts 5/1 and ends 6/30, why would anyone pay taxes by the April 15th deadline? If you were a tax cheat who didn't pay on time or at all in prior years, would you do so this year? I doubt it. After April 15, it will get advertized.[/Quote]

It's for people that have already been caught and are in negotiations with the state to pay back what they owe. If you stop negotiating or if you can pay everything you owe now instead of in installments, they'll forgo the penalty and interest.